Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

1 up lunar

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Fr3dMc, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Fr3dMc

Fr3dMc Member

Any advise on 1up lunar?...can't seem to get the Ken under control when the flip is happening.

Mar 9, 2018
  2. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

You wanna give it the same half twist like you do for pulling it up to lunar.
    Only difference here is you're going to have to give it more of a tug to get it to 1 turn.
    Have you landed 1 turn airplane yet? It's like that trick.
    You twist the big cup and let go, when the ken twists and the big cup is facing towrds you, you swing it up like a 1 turn airplane so the big cup is in a straight position, and then you catch the big cup on the tama.
    I learned a lot of tricks from the Sweets tutorials back in the day so maybe this'll help!

Mar 12, 2018
  3. Fr3dMc

Fr3dMc Member

Thanks for the help. Finally landed it tonight. Hard to explain but my tug on the string was more precise then 1up LH and it smoothed out the flip of the Ken to lunar.

Apr 9, 2018
  4. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

Dope, glad I could help! I think I know what you mean, that precise string tug is the exact thing that will help you get more rotation for the 2 and 3 turn lunars that you'll eventually land

Apr 9, 2018
  5. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

Can anyone else give some tips on consistently getting it flipping on the right axis?
    I can one turn airplane 9/10 times but when it comes to lunar it's all over the place

Feb 11, 2019
  6. jimgrude

jimgrude Member

For me, the twist of the ken is completely different for a 1-turn lunar. For a normal lunar, I give it just a very slight twist, as I find it easier to catch if the ken is under-rotated. However, to get a consistent rotation for 1-up lunar, I twist it so the ken has actually gone past 180 degrees by the time I start pulling up. I use this technique for a few different pull-up tricks where the ken is flipping, as it always seems to help the ken rotate more consistently and land with the big cup facing me. So, if you're struggling with it flipping on the wrong axis, give this a try.

Nov 7, 2019
    Koala likes this.