Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

About Tomorrow... and being terrified yet excited

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Steezdiaz, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Yo dudes! I'm sure you've seen but we're launching our new brand LunaTac Kendama Innovation tomorrow!

I know there has been quite a bit of controversy around LunaTac in the community so I thought I'd do an AMA (ask me anything) on Facebook LIVE on FKC tomorrow (Thursday) morning before the official launch that afternoon.

If anything, I just want to show people I'm just a regular dude trying to pursue what I love and continue to grow the Kendama community along the way. At the heart of the business, I just seriously am in love with Kendama. I hustle everyday running two other businesses but Kendama is my absolute favorite thing and I'm truly addicted.

I have this mastery mindset and I'll kill myself over trying landing a new trick. Last night I finished preparing the LunaTac site at 11:30pm and was so so tired, but before I went to bed I picked up my kendama...as soon as I grabbed the Kendama, I feel energized and motivated. I ended up staying up for another two hours sweating, sore and exhausted afterward...but I landed the trick I was chasing.

I'm no pro kendama player, just another average joe who loves this little wood thing and the simple complexities and immense feelings it can bring with it. I want to encourage you all to keep that mastery mindset that comes from Kendama in everything you do, hustle HARD towards your goals and you will achieve them. It can be terrifying, and the fear of failure is always there, but through surrounding and supporting each other along the way, we can all do the impossible.

LunaTac will sell some Kendama trinkets...you may love them, you may hate them. But know this is only the start. Deep down, I believe LunaTac will be the start of a movement within the Kendama industry, promoting community among brands over competition with each other.

This is me and my wife Chelsey. If you want to stalk us more, you can do so here: http://trecreative.com/about/
    If you want to be notified when I go live on FKC tomorrow, add me on Facebook.

Thanks for reading dudes! Keep slayin dama, life and everything in between.

Nov 16, 2016
  2. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

Right on man! I applaud you for going for it, that takes a lot of courage! I don't know enough about anything to make any judgments one way or another. I mean, I only just got into this kendama thing a few months ago. :) But I'm excited to see what happens with the industry and community, and looking forward to participating or just having fun in whatever way I can. Best of luck to you tomorrow and moving forward!

Nov 16, 2016
  3. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Dude you've only been playing a few months? You progress fast! P.S. I have a sweet spot for that synthy 8-bit deliciousness you're cooking up. Also, can't wait to check out your SlawDawg unboxing, looks sick!

Nov 16, 2016
  4. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

Thanks! Yeah started 5 months ago, having a blast. :) I'm a sucker for 8-bit stuff. I have to tone it down sometimes I think, otherwise I'd probably slap it on everything...

Nov 16, 2016
  5. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Haha no worries dude, slap it on!

Nov 16, 2016
  6. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

Right on, it takes a lot of work to actually launch a brand, and so far your branding has been very pro, so I know you've put in some work on it.
    I think the slaybands are my fave of the three products you've shown off so far, they have the look of a well designed, finished product. I dig it.

There is a light-up Duncan kendama on the wall display in our new retail shop, that Rod bought to play in duh club in Tokyo-- it has rubber band sorta cup rims on it as well, and its honestly pretty fun to play around with. Super easy lunar tricks! Especially when its 2:30 am, the music is blaring, and you're trying to land tricks to impress Japanese girls while also not spilling your 6th pint of Asahi on the dance floor

Nov 16, 2016
    RyanArthurWalker, RRussell and rTTn like this.
  7. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

hahaha this is gold!

Thanks for the kind words man!

Nov 16, 2016
  8. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

No problem, I've been impressed with your PR to be honest, your product unveils brought out some heavy opinions, and you handled it all with class.

I think its really cool that kendama has grown to the point that there are some brands starting up that just sell mods/accessories sort of stuff, as well as some kendama apparel brands. Its like... there's actually getting to be some sort of kendama culture, not just random nerds jamming in their basements and posting about it online! Dudes like COTK that just own being kendama players so hard, its awesome.

Nov 16, 2016
  9. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Thanks man, means a lot coming from you.

Agreed. It's fun to see the culture side of it come out and it to be portrayed as something "cool" instead of something weird or nerdy. I was just chatting with a distributor from Sweden the other day and he was saying how that "street culture" aspect is contagious and starting to spread over there and Kendama has only really been getting popular in the last year. Super cool stuff and I'm excited to be along for the ride to see where the Kendama community goes next! :D

Nov 16, 2016
    NicholasPereira likes this.
  10. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

I'm super excited for the launch! All the mystery, then bam hit us with sick promo after sick promo. I cant wait to get my hands on the slaybands & lunatac

Nov 16, 2016
    Steezdiaz likes this.
  11. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Thanks for your continual support man, you've been awesome all along the way!

Nov 16, 2016
    rTTn likes this.
  12. SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK Member

Best of luck and success with the launch of Luna Tac tomorrow!!!

Nov 16, 2016
  13. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Thanks man!! Stoked!

Nov 16, 2016
  14. Chad Covington

Chad Covington Slayer

I love the transparency! I think it is important that people know who you are along with knowing your brand.

Nov 17, 2016
  15. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Thanks Chad! I agree, giving a "face" to the brand hopefully will help build trust along the way :)

Nov 17, 2016
  16. Sbermea22

Sbermea22 Member

yea i really commend you on handling all the hate well. its really hard to get the kendama community to accept something that a lot of people would deem "cheating" but like you stated multiple times its a learning tool most likely for beginner players and i like the fact that it isnt only for lunar grip but it adds weight were you might need a little more weight on. ive recently gotten into doing lunar lines but none of my kens are really lunar damas (bc i do more slingers then lunars) so id love to see how the better weight distribution thing helps!!! even as a kendama player of 4 years i wanna pick some up and try it just to see what its about.

Nov 17, 2016
  17. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Thanks dude! Yeah it's super interesting to see what people are doing with it. Like Raydon in this video put both a SlayBand and LunaTac by the slip ring to add better weight for slingers. I never even thought of that! I can't wait for more people to get their hands on it and experiment further!

Nov 17, 2016
  18. NicholasPereira

NicholasPereira Honed Member

I think they would be fun to mess around with, for sure!

Nov 17, 2016
  19. Joel Clayton

Joel Clayton Honed Member

Amazing

Nov 24, 2016
  20. JoJo_hudson1253

JoJo_hudson1253 Honed Member

hey when are you coming out with the pendama?

Jan 17, 2017