Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

actual advanced tutorials

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Jun. I, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Jun. I

Jun. I Member

I find that a lot of 'advanced' tutorials on YouTube aren't really advanced. They are sort of the harder fundamentals so things like multiple taps to multiple jugs to downspikes and late slings aren't really out too much. I've personally been playing for 3 months and I'm really into late slings juggles and fast hands if you have seen my post on the favourite and least favourite thread. I can do multiple juggles, late slings and fast hands with ease now but when trying to incorporate taps into the equation I can't. I can do about 2-3 taps at the start but during lines I can't do them and I understand after a certain point you learn tricks by experimenting and just looking at people do it but it would be helpful if there was some sort of brief outline about basic timing. Does anyone else feel this way?

Dec 26, 2016
  2. Dillonjohns79

Dillonjohns79 Member

I've noticed that once I started getting "good"ish. At least better than most tutorials, you have to observe. Watch an edit (preferably pov) and watch what they do. Watch some mikey schelling, or some bonz. They won't explain it, but everything you need you can watch them do.

Dec 26, 2016
  3. Giulian Tena

Giulian Tena Honed Member

Wait you've been playing for 3 months and can already do late slings?

Dec 26, 2016
  4. Chad Covington

Chad Covington Slayer

lol, that's what I'm saying! That's some crazy fast progression!

My advice is just working on them and tweaking your approach until it clicks for you. Maybe it's something that you can learn better on your own rather than through a tutorial.

Dec 26, 2016
  5. Jun. I

Jun. I Member

It's probably just the kendama I'm using, I use TK16's and kaizens so I think that's what makes slings easy to do. :)

Dec 26, 2016