Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Beginner's Luck?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by lategreat808, Nov 13, 2018.

1. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

So I introduced my work friend to kendama yesterday and within five minutes he landed an airplane and a trade YANK SPIKE!

What are some of the craziest tricks you have seen a beginner land?

Nov 13, 2018
  2. Jaret B

Jaret B n00b

I swear stuff like that always seems to happen ! A month ago or so I was showing my dad how to swing spike, on his second or third attempt, he goes for the swing and it just slaps on bird.. We both just lost it after that haha. Begginer's luck for sure man !

Nov 13, 2018
    James Hoang and lategreat808 like this.
  3. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

Swing burd took me like a week to lace, after I had been playing for six months or so

Nov 13, 2018
    Jaret B and ttocsic like this.
  4. Sam Strohmyer

Sam Strohmyer Slayer

I want to preface this with -I'm not sexist- but 9/10 of the girls my age that I show Kendama too end up giving up after Big-cup. My friends had this BBQ so I decided to bring a few extra damas for whoever might be curious. After watching her friends struggle this girl got it like first try. I like saw her understand it, and she spiked it like 3 tries later. This girl landed lighthouse after about 3 hours of practice, She was a natural! but she refused to take one of my damas.

Never got her number, Rip the dream :rolleyes:

Nov 13, 2018
    James Hoang, ttocsic and Jaret B like this.
  5. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

I landed a down bird on accident when going for downspike lol. It was pretty sketchy, but good enough that I might actually count it.

Nov 13, 2018
  6. nimron13

nimron13 Member

Happened to me too and now i got them on lock. Practice them, they are a lot of fun

Nov 18, 2018
  7. FDkendama22

FDkendama22 Member

I was a local comp and this kid lands yank bird in the yank competition, and then he spikes it!

Nov 18, 2018
  8. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

Lol my first ever yank was First T. I was super hyped, so much so that I thought Yank Spike was just the natural progression from a normal pull-up spike.

Nov 18, 2018
    ttocsic, nimron13 and Jaret B like this.
  9. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

I believe one factor that really got me into kendama was me being able to lace "Around the Block" (Small Cup, Big Cup, Base Cup) a few tries after picking up a kendama. I remember my friends even being so amazed, as they struggled to even get big cup.

Nov 26, 2018
    nimron13 likes this.
  10. Mr.T

Mr.T Honed Member

Landing once is a fluke do it 3 times in a row. I accidentally land doubledaxes all the time when going for lunar, now of I try maybe/probably not gonna happen.

Nov 28, 2018