Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Best Kendama Setup

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by dama.hon, Dec 3, 2016.

1. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

My birthday is actually coming up in like a month and im willing to spend up to 100 US dollars on a good setup that will last me a very long time (min. 9 Months) any suggestions? Only ones i have are: Hickory Homegrown w/ F3 Splatter Split Seabird (Tama Only) and then i have Birch GT-1 with Arctic Fade F3 Cushion Tama. If you have any setups that are good please help me out.

Dec 3, 2016
    Mr.Bishop likes this.
  2. MalayBorneo

MalayBorneo n00b

Pro mod slaydawg or normal slaydawg

Dec 3, 2016
    Mr.Bishop likes this.
  3. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

theres a pro mod slaydawg?

Dec 3, 2016
    Mr.Bishop and Jasper B. like this.
  4. MalayBorneo

MalayBorneo n00b

Dec 3, 2016
    Mr.Bishop and Almostgets like this.
  5. Noah

Noah Guest

search analog kendamas they're releasing new kendamas soon and they're sick!

Dec 4, 2016
    Ryan Stockwell and Mr.Bishop like this.
  6. Noah

Noah Guest

they're instagram is @analogkendamas

Dec 4, 2016
    Mr.Bishop likes this.
  7. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

Get a slaydawg. I'm getting mine soon but from everything I have heard that is going to be one of the best kens for under $100 you can get. Homegrown are obviously a crowd favorite as well but slaydawg is getting high marks. If you have a hundred to spend though you might want to get like a KUSA promod and maybe a Homegrown birch or something like that. Those will definitely last you 9 months

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Dec 21, 2016
    Mr.Bishop likes this.
  8. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

I would get a Kendama USA pro model, Sweets Kendama pro model, any natty Kaizen, any Kaizen craft, or any of the natty homegrowns offered by Sweets(except for the spectras because they have a slightly higher chance of breaking). It really depends on whether you want to put in the work to break in a natty or not. Just pick whichever kendama you think fits your playstyle!

Dec 21, 2016
    Mr.Bishop likes this.
  9. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

I recommend any kaizen craft or sweets cusion. The new krom slaydawg promods look fire too. There are also new affordable kaizen 2.0s that came out with silk paint in half, trip, and 70/30 splits.

Dec 21, 2016
    Mr.Bishop likes this.
  10. Chad Covington

Chad Covington Slayer

Whatever kendama you decide to get, make sure it is maple.

Dec 21, 2016
  11. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

Even though you already have a GT, I would recommend getting another one but with a raw ash tama. It plays super well when broken in, especially on spectrum kendamas. Other good options are KUSA Craft, KROM Slaydawg, or maybe even a PNW Kotodama (made by some of the old KenCo slayers). Those are just some of the more premium options, but you could always get 2 for a lower price

Dec 21, 2016
    Mr.Bishop likes this.
  12. karekarekeah

karekarekeah Member

My personal favorites are the KUSA 2014 Pro Models paired with an Ozora ken. I have the CCS and Alex Smith Pro Mod tamas on oz kens and they both lasted me about a year.

Dec 21, 2016
    Alex Hirota likes this.
  13. Caleb Rush

Caleb Rush Member

I would recommend a Sweets Homegrown, those are really great dramas. I also really love the Booger Homegrown.

Dec 21, 2016
  14. Alex Hirota

Alex Hirota Member

Purpleheart Stripe Homegrown. Hands down the best Kendama I've ever played.. I've owned about 5 of the things in my Kendama life, and I plan on owning MANY more!

Dec 21, 2016
    karekarekeah likes this.
  15. RyanTrostle

RyanTrostle n00b

I have a Wine Ash Pineapple RAW with a purple silk Tama so money. But can't go wrong with a RAW natty Paduak Stripe.

Dec 22, 2016
  16. Chelsea May Perez

Chelsea May Perez Slayer

Any of the 5 new 2017 Sweets Kendamas Pro Models. Awesome paint, beautiful designs, micro bearing string bead, maple ken. Super honed.

Sweets Homegrowns are definitely a bang for your buck. Great quality for a reasonable price.

I see that you have mostly Sweets stuff, if you want to branch out from Sweets, RWB also sells some great products! The new KenUSA Crafts and Kaizens seem nice too!

Dec 22, 2016
    James Hoang and karekarekeah like this.
  17. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Rwb classics are really good. They have a good variety of wood types to choose from, you can get just the ken or just the tama, and if you choose a full setup you can mix and match woods to make a dream setup (i.e. Maple ken and ash tama)

Dec 22, 2016
  18. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

You can also choose to add a bearing instead of a bead for an extra $1

Dec 22, 2016
  19. droffilcttam

droffilcttam n00b

really have been likeing my birch rwb classic I'd highly recommend and for only 40 bucks you can't beat it

Dec 22, 2016
  20. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Birch was my first classic and i love it. Put a birch GT tama on it. Just got a hickory classic ken and ash tama mix today too

Dec 22, 2016