Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Best Kendama Setup

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by dama.hon, Dec 3, 2016.

1. droffilcttam

droffilcttam n00b

Might have to try the hick/ash sounds like a good setup

Dec 22, 2016
  2. Jose Pablo

Jose Pablo Member

I just thought of a setup that would probably be the only kendama I'll be jamming 'til it can't be jammed. RWB Classic birch ken with an ash tama (most likely a raw ash with some sort of burn line like a stodd or san tama) and weight matched within 72-77 grams each with the tama being heavier than the ken. This would be the dream for me :)

Dec 23, 2016
  3. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

The ash tamas from RWB are raw like GT ash tamas, you can totally put that together on their site. Probably would be cheaper too, but it wouldnt have a burn stripe.

Dec 23, 2016
    Jose Pablo likes this.
  4. Jose Pablo

Jose Pablo Member

For sure! The things is, I live outside of the US and have to use the international order tab where they only offer completes..

Dec 23, 2016
  5. juzkimmi

juzkimmi n00b

I am outside US as well. but I contacted the customer service and they hooked me up with the hick ash combo. wonderful customer service from Nick!

Dec 23, 2016
    htimSxelA and Jose Pablo like this.
  6. Jose Pablo

Jose Pablo Member

I've contacted them through their site a couple of days ago but I haven't got a response yet. I understand that it's Christmas so they may be quite busy. Hmm, what should I do?

Dec 25, 2016
  7. juzkimmi

juzkimmi n00b

don't worry. I believe they will reply you once the holidays are over. the wait is well worth.

Dec 25, 2016
    Jose Pablo likes this.
  8. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

Thanks for the reply, I do not have a GT though, did i say something before saying i have a GT?

Thanks!

- Hon

Dec 26, 2016
  9. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

How fat and how durable are the RWB classic's? Is it like slim as the CRAFT slim? Kaizen 2.0?

Thanks!

- Hon

Dec 26, 2016
  10. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

How fat and how durable are the RWB classic's? Is it like slim as the CRAFT slim? Kaizen 2.0?

Thanks!

- Hon

Dec 26, 2016
  11. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

Do you have to buy a Ken/Tama to get the bearing?

Thanks!

- Hon

Dec 26, 2016
  12. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

image.jpg @dama.hon the shape is closer to the craft/kaizen 2.0 shape.

Dec 26, 2016
    Brandon Vong likes this.
  13. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

@dama.hon i think you need to either buy the tama or full setup.

Dec 26, 2016
  14. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

Hello! I'm wondering how you know I already have Sweets Products. I only have one at the moment.

Do you have any suggestions for a certain type of Homegrown?

Thanks!

- Hon

Dec 26, 2016
  15. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

Do you know where to buy this?

Thanks!

- Hon

Dec 26, 2016
  16. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

Hello Mr. Hirota! I have owned a purple heart stripe homegrown before and it got destroyed. I am feared to buy another one because when i spent all my money on that Homegrown i was disappointed to find that the spike was half flat and the ring was chipped. The Big cup had some small cracks and the tama had very noticeable burn marks. This is all out of the box. Is that natural for a homegrown? If so i would not like to buy.

Thanks!

- Hon

Dec 26, 2016
  17. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

Do they still sell the 2014 Pro Mods? Can you please tell me where?

Thanks!

- Hon

Dec 26, 2016
  18. dama.hon

dama.hon Member

How durable or they? which one do you recommend?

Thanks!

- Hon

Dec 26, 2016
  19. Caleb Rush

Caleb Rush Member

Tu
    they are pretty durable, although I do have a base cup chip on the maple with walnut stripe. As for which one I would recommend, I really love the booger Homegrown especially when it is broken in, but a classic maple with walnut strip e is always nice. It really depends on what type of wood you like, and if you want a natty or painted. Although the HG 2.0 should be dropping soon so be sure to look out for those.

Dec 26, 2016
  20. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

The current KUSA pro mods are the v4 ones, which are basically the 2014 pro models. They're still up on their website due to the being the current ones that KUSA has to offer, so head on over to shop.kendamausa.com and click on pro model to view the whole line up!
    Hmmm...not sure what the burn marks are, but I'm assuming that you mean the wood knots/birthmarks. If your fresh homegrown has damage right out of the box, it could be possible that it was either happened during shipping, or it could have been a used homegrown that was accidentally placed in your box. Either way, you should contact Sweets Kendama's customer service if you can and see if you can replace it. It should never be natural for a fresh homegrown to be in that condition unless it was previously played with by someone else.

Dec 27, 2016