Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Best Kendama Shoes

Discussion in 'Non-Dama Drama' started by xplodit, May 6, 2018.

1. xplodit

xplodit Slayer

Alright so we all know that there is a big debate on which style/brand shoes are the best for playing Kendama, but has anyone done any serious research? Nope. Shoes play an important role in any serious player’s strategy, but wearing your pros favorite shoes might not suit your specific style. My favorite shoes to jam in change as often as my favorite Kendama. One day I might be playing a Slaydawg in some jogging shoes, the next I’m back to an old Kaizen and some hiking boots. But the goal never changes, wear shoes that help me play better. I’ve found that old school Chuck Taylor’s give you a tactile sense of control without being to cumbersome. Basketball shoes like old Air Forces or Jordan’s are great for style, but sometimes they leave a lot to be desired on the performance side. Jogging sneakers give you a peak level of performance and agility while still offering solid protection, but you might be stuck in highlighter yellow with lime green accents (interferes with visual tracking). Dress shoes are like the sleeper of all the choices. It appears you’re all business, but then you kick those Italian loafers into gear and blow away the competition. If you’re one of those bold, old school purists that stands by their untainted natural wood Kendama beauty, then sandals, flip flops, or the risqué barefoot style will add the perfect level of chill control and precision. Otherwise you’ll break a toe attempting a lightning drop.

What kicks do you lace up for lacing bangers?

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    May 6, 2018
    Jasper B. and Jedi_man like this.
  2. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

Flip flops.

May 6, 2018
    xplodit and Kiyoshikame like this.
  3. Kiyoshikame

Kiyoshikame Member

Socks

May 6, 2018
    xplodit likes this.
  4. Aaron Gallegos

Aaron Gallegos Slayer

The shoes closest to the door

May 6, 2018
  5. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

High heels, they give you more time to get low and catch those juggs.

May 6, 2018
  6. slothymane

slothymane Slayer

I wear my usual sneakers (Adidas UltraBoosts and Citysocks)
    The midsole is resposive & cushions my feet and is comfortable even for long sessions, the upper is lightweight and breathable for maximum comfort and they look great :p

Alternativeky I play in my socks (at home) or in my skateshoes when I happen to be out on my scooter haha

May 7, 2018
    Jasper B. and xplodit like this.
  7. Thomas Ishikawa

Thomas Ishikawa Honed Member

Lol this topic.

For input, some people at dama in the d were barefoot and Jake from Krom was wearing his trusty white socks with the dark gray bottoms. It’s honestly preference at this point.

May 7, 2018
    Dantama and xplodit like this.
  8. Dantama

Dantama Honed Member

remember "kendama is a gang II" :D

May 7, 2018
    xplodit likes this.
  9. Alek Fouts

Alek Fouts Member

I usually wear any type of light shoe that is close to not wearing any like Nike Huaraches, or Adidas NMD!
    super light weight and comfortable!
    :D:)

May 7, 2018
    slothymane likes this.
  10. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

I just wear my Nike Flex 2016 Runs or Flyknits. Basically, I just wear the shoes that I currently wear because I go everywhere with them except in the house.

May 7, 2018
  11. Q Miller-Edwards

Q Miller-Edwards Honed Member

I’ve never taken my shoes into consideration until I bashed a Downspike and sent the tama into the top of my foot. From that day on I disliked wearing chacos and toms..

Jul 12, 2018
  12. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

My favorite dama shoes right now are my Adidas P.O.D. S3.1, they are really comfortable and shock resistant. Also Migos wore them to a concert lol.
    If you are going purely for comfort, Adidas Ultra Boosts and Nike Vapormax are best.
    I also generally gravitate towards Adidas NMDs but they really are way too over hyped

Jul 12, 2018