Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Best slaydawg?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by kendama duke, Feb 13, 2017.

1. AdrianEsteban

AdrianEsteban Honed Member

They're all essentially the same, just pick the one that you like the look of the best.

Feb 16, 2017
  2. JC Novallasca

JC Novallasca Member

I'm just wondering how the slaydawg feels. Like is it close to clear cushion or kusa silk?

Jun 4, 2017
  3. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

Jun 4, 2017
    JC Novallasca likes this.
  4. Stuart Barron

Stuart Barron Slayer

lol clear on the Slaydawgs is nothing like either of these. In my opinion it most closely resembles/ feels like the Ronin kendama Neo series (I have a pink. Neo Tokyo I think its called). Although now other brands are using a similar type of clear like Sweets Primes.

The Ronin and the Slaydawg feels like a sort of gel like finish to meo_O

Also I think the Yumu Racing kendamas have a similar clear too.

Jun 5, 2017
    JC Novallasca likes this.
  5. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

They all have the same paint. If one is not as grippy as others you have tried, you should ask for a replacement because the slippery one is a defect.
    From my experience, factory made "stick" paints, such as LOL clear, Super Stick, and the paint on the Sweets Prime have a high defect chance of getting a slippery one. Out of my 5 stick style kendamas, only 3 are not defective. :(
    But maybe that is just my bad luck in that scenario. o_O

I hope this was helpful

What have you guys found out?

Jun 5, 2017
  6. Ryan Brewer

Ryan Brewer Honed Member

I like the design of the Nihon Ash, looks so clean, i'll probably end up buying that one over all the others.

Jun 5, 2017
  7. Jenny Cho

Jenny Cho Slayer

Nihon ash looks the best design wise, but playability wise, my favorite Slaydawg experience has been with the 3D don. Though that may largely be in part to maple being my absolute hands down favorite wood.

I do find that Krom products tend to be hit and miss with lunar balance; Maybe getting a bday would be a good way to combat that since they have the balance hole? (But I also really dislike the bday design. LOL. Sorry Krom and Krom fans! Just my completely personal and subjective opinion.)

Jun 7, 2017
    Gasiek likes this.
  8. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

Jenny is right about the BDAY. It is my go to for learning new lunar variations and I landed some crazy lunar combos I didnt think I would ever unlock. Perfect balance for sure, landed my first 1-2 barrel roll a few days ago on one. Although I havent olayed another slaydawg I would say its the best for lunars because of the base cup redux.

Jun 8, 2017
  9. Congarranza

Congarranza DS Legend

I'm sorry to you all,

The ABSOLUTE BEST SLAYDAWG is the one in my hands. All others are mediocre.

End of discussion.

Jun 8, 2017
    ttocsic and goenKendama like this.
  10. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

Hahaha i find the BDay to be a bit excessively trippy with the ken design, so i generally don't give much heed to it.

My ash dawgs are the best for my style of play.

Jun 11, 2017
  11. Dama.ob

Dama.ob Member

I was recently playing with my Ballard mod when it came across my mind that some slaydawgs are different than each other, for example the hole in base cup and wood type. So what is better?

Jul 13, 2017
    Broc Stauffer likes this.
  12. Broc Stauffer

Broc Stauffer Honed Member

I feel like the bday Slaydog is best because of the stiles base cup. I had never heard anyone have a bad weighting experiment with a bday. Plus it is !

Jul 13, 2017
  13. azleonhart

[mod mode, activate!]

IMG_0761.GIF

@Dama.ob, i’ve merged your thread with an existing one, so you can see the older replies.
    Hopefully that answers your questions!

(Also, the “Search” feature located on the top right of forum page is a powerful, but highlyunderused feature. Try it out sometime!)

Jul 13, 2017
    KeeganS likes this.
  14. Jordan_MTB

Jordan_MTB Member

I am looking at getting the KROM 7 year b-day dama and wanted to hear the thoughts on it of people who have played or own it. Or would a KROM pro mod be better? I am super interested in doing lots of stall tricks and balance tricks.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Mar 29, 2018
  15. azleonhart

@Jordan_MTB , i’ve merged your thread with an existing one, so you can see the older replies.
    Hopefully that answers your questions!

(Also, the “Search” feature located on the top right of forum page is a powerful, but highly underused feature. Try it out sometime!)

Mar 29, 2018
  16. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

did you know, you can add a poll?

Mar 30, 2018
  17. DavisDama8010

DavisDama8010 Member

I’m pretty sure the difference between the nihon ash and other slaydawgs is the minimalist paint. Lol clear over natty is a whole different feel than lol over paint. The grip is different, that goes for any sticky damas with wood underneath (mko 2017, krom x 430, ect)

Mar 30, 2018