Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Continuity Errors

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Guy LaBorde, May 21, 2017.

1. Guy LaBorde

Guy LaBorde Honed Member

I have noticed a few errors in some videos that have come out recently (not about filming/scenes). I may be wrong about these, but that is why I posted this - to get some clarification.

1. Kristian Aynedter said that his kendama was the first to have a double bevel. Not sure if he was just unaware of this, but the new Mugen Musou shape (GRAIN/Planet/Shiguchi shape) had a double bevel before the release of his mod, if I am not mistaken.

2. In the new sweets video about the Keyaki Homegrowns, Matt Sweets said that they are the first keyaki kendamas to be made by a US company. On one side, this is correct, as they were the first to be turned in the US. However, Bonzai's Obake is a very light species of Keyaki. I'm not sure where Bonzai's factory is, but this stood out to me.

Are these two points true? Also, If anyone else has noticed anything similar to these, please share them! This kind of topic is always interesting to me:D

May 21, 2017
  2. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

I haven't seen Aynedter's video yet, but I think you're correct about the Musous having a double bevel first.
    Side note: anyone remember the first batch of Play kendamas? They had a funny bevel as well, instead of a sharp corner where the bevel met the inner hole, it was a smooth, gradual transition from bevel to inner hole.

I don't think the Bonzai's are a true Japanese Keyaki wood, but this is just my speculation. It is certainly a species of elm (keyaki is closely related to elm), but I doubt it is truly Japanese keyaki.

May 21, 2017
  3. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

Pretty sure he meant that his mod was the first in the line of GT damas to have such a bevel. At least, that's what message I got from it.

May 22, 2017
    Guy LaBorde likes this.
  4. Guy LaBorde

Guy LaBorde Honed Member

Rewatched the video. Kristian says, "The double bevel is a feature that I'm really excited about. I haven't seen it on any kendamas before"
    That is just what I was going off of. But he probably meant for GT.

May 22, 2017
  5. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

The new Musous don't have the double bevel, but they do have douuble angled cups

May 22, 2017
  6. Guy LaBorde

Guy LaBorde Honed Member

Yes they do. I believe it is mentioned at 0:56 in this video.

May 22, 2017