Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Current trick(s) you're working on!!

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Joel Clayton, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Joel Clayton

Joel Clayton Honed Member

I have been working on the 2015 and 2016 kwc tricks.

A kwc 2015 level 5 trick that I just learned today took me forever to learn. the trick is:

kenflip-reverse kenflip- LH- falling in.

This trick doesn't sound hard but trust me its pretty difficult. I spent a good 20 minutes practicing this trick and got it 4 times. Right now I want to get better at funky tricks, by that I mean tricks that nobody practices

These days everyone spamming juggles and taps. I really want to boost my skill level and I think the best way to do that is by pushing yourself to learn a new trick everyday. I suggest practicing these past few years kwc tricks. one that I still cant get is cat jumping stick, I need to spend far more time working on that.

Comment down bellow a trick(s) you have been grinding on and maybe we can all give each other advice on how we can improve.

Spread the love :)

Nov 27, 2016
    Congarranza and Steezdiaz like this.
  2. Ronnie

Ronnie n00b

Airplane 1.5 Turn tradespike I need lots of advice on this one

Nov 27, 2016
    Avry K likes this.
  3. Colin Hislop

Colin Hislop Member

Practice the flip! Once you get a hang of that, you will be able to do it while focusing solely on the tama, and once that ken comes around you are just looking for the tama hole to spike it!

Nov 27, 2016
  4. Joel Clayton

if you know how to do trade spike from lighthouse that will help you do this trick. get down the 1.5 jstick and know when to catch it. then spot the whole

You'll get it down. just spend 20-30 minutes on it that is all it takes

Nov 27, 2016
  5. sorrywongnumber

sorrywongnumber Honed Member

wings and late kenflips

Nov 27, 2016
  6. Joel Clayton

these are annoying. I have been working on both of these tricks. I just laced kenflip juggle kenflip juggle spike today. one of the best feelings ever

Nov 27, 2016
  7. SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK Member

1. One Turn Lunar to Small Cup Inward Lunar (flip 180 from Lunar to Inward Lunar) to flip to In
    2. Swing Up Small Cup Bird throw to Lunar to flip in

Nov 27, 2016
    Seth james likes this.
  8. Giulian Tena

Giulian Tena Honed Member

1 turn tap swap juggle downspike.
    One turn swap downspike fast hand, and from the tama grip I flip swap downspike, then to stunt plane grip, and then I flip the ken and spike it in penguin grip.
    Very confusing

Nov 27, 2016
  9. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

I've always liked this trick a lot! Once you get it down, try to go from lunar back to bird. That makes it a nice, well-rounded trick!

Nov 27, 2016
    7Cabbages and SouthpawTRK like this.
  10. Sbermea22

Sbermea22 Member

Lunar 360° rovers and tré flips. I hate and love em bc they are so hard but they look so great.

Nov 28, 2016
  11. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

Love this trick, my advice is hole control and learning the timing for the 1.5 flip. When I was first learning these from a friend, he said to act like you're going for a double j-stick. My nooby self would then flip the ken (not knowing how many rotations it was doing) and swap it perfectly at 1.5 flips for some reason lol. For hole control, hold just a spare tama in your hand (no string, no ken attached) and just mimic the movement of flipping the ken and lofting the tama in the air. Watch the hole, and practice lofting it in the air until you start to think "oh man if I had a ken attached I could totally spike this right now." Maybe even practice with a ken and tama but no string until you get the muscle memory down. Pretty soon this trick will be like a cakewalk

Nov 28, 2016
    KeeganS likes this.
  12. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

Nov 28, 2016
    SouthpawTRK and Joel Clayton like this.
  13. SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK Member

I'll have to give that a try! Thanks for the suggestion on going from Lunar to Bird; I'm not the best at stalls, but I appreciate the suggestion!

Nov 28, 2016
    Seth james likes this.
  14. sorrywongnumber

sorrywongnumber Honed Member

I can't get lunar rovers for crap, good luck on lunar rovers!

Nov 28, 2016
  15. Nel.slay

Nel.slay Member

I've been working on inward lunar, inward flip tap back to inward lunar. Eli Cory does these a lot, you provably get what I mean

Feb 1, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  16. Aloysius_hung_

Aloysius_hung_ Honed Member

Dub jus spike, spike dub jug spike
    Stall kenflip spike, stall ww

Feb 2, 2017
  17. Avry K

Avry K Honed Member

Working on stilt to flip to juggle spike

Feb 2, 2017
  18. Ricky Røge

Ricky Røge Slayer

been trying to get triple lunar flips down and 2 turn stilts

Feb 2, 2017
    htimSxelA likes this.
  19. Josh Kim

Josh Kim n00b

For most of my lunar tricks, I like to: 1. Have a good lunar balance Dama with a tackier paint or good grip, and 2. I like to relax my hand when I start the lunar. I always find myself gripping on the tama way too much, and by relaxing my hand, it helps me land lunars with greater ease. So with the tré flip and 360 rover, practice the motions, but use a lot of knees and keep your hand relaxed and you'll hopefully get it. That's what helped me anyway.

Feb 2, 2017
  20. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Multiple juggles. Before, was getting pretty good at double juggles but lost all that progress when i stopped focusing on it. Saw a thread here that lists a lot of tips on how to practice multi juggles and it's helping a lot.

Feb 2, 2017
    htimSxelA likes this.