Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Cusion Clear vs LOL Clear?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Isaiah Paguio, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Isaiah Paguio

Isaiah Paguio Member

Hey guys, I just purchased a slaydawg from Krom and was wondering how is it compared to Sweets' Cusion Clear. I know that they are different textures, but which one do you guys think is more stickier (tackier)? Thanks everyone!

Jan 7, 2017
  2. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

Cushion is grippier, LOL feels more "sticky" in the hand. I have the nihon ash so I can't speak for the other slaydawgs, but I think cush clear will grip your kens more than LOL clear will

Jan 7, 2017
    Isaiah Paguio likes this.
  3. Isaiah Paguio

Isaiah Paguio Member

Yea, i have the nihon ash and it does feel stickier than most paints. Thanks for the feedback!!

Jan 7, 2017
  4. iamkapoi

iamkapoi n00b

Hello,

I got a beat up F3 Cushion Arctic Fade and on christmas I got a Ash Slaydawg.
    So basically the paints are completely different. Mine cushion started really prime - golden ratio of tack, stick and slip for anything. But after playing for one month the paint got really tacky, to the point where lighthouse adjustments are harder... Also after playing with that F3 I seem to loose skill becouse of that tack so I don't play it much. The clear kind of converted from being kind of grippy glossy to soft rubber paint which makes everything silent when you land it.

As for Slaydawg - the LOL clear starts off realy sticky - lunars and lighthouses land like a dream, I could do triple lunar flip for the first time with ease. After 2 weeks of playing the paint looks kind of beat up, I got dents and little chips around bevel, but the paint is still prime, just not so sticky as in the beginning.
    I can say that as for durability, cushion is better.
    My favourite of the two is LOL clear becouse after you stick that lunar or lighty on the tama it is really easy to adjust and move around the tama, and on cushion I can't do that so well.
    Also heard that cushion varies from dama to dama, and it depends when You bought it becouse of different ways of painting being developed after the release (Someone can confirm that?)

Jan 7, 2017
  5. Isaiah Paguio

Isaiah Paguio Member

Awesome, love to hear that my slaydawg will break in nicely! Thanks man!!

Jan 7, 2017
  6. Raybulatao

Raybulatao Member

I've owned both and I have to say I go back and fourth between the two. But my go to is my LOL clear slaydawg. Nothing against the cushion clear but I enjoy the easier adjusting and when my hand starts sweating the lol clear stays tackier than the cushion.

Jan 7, 2017
  7. Ian McDonell

Ian McDonell Member

I agreee with that. I switch between the two and they are both great. I have to say, if krom makes lol as durable as cushion they would have made the best paint

Jan 8, 2017
    Pyromawn, iamkapoi and Isaiah Paguio like this.