Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Dama to the Death Pittsburgh Competition!

Discussion in 'Sessions' started by whirlwindcheck, Jun 25, 2018.

1. whirlwindcheck

whirlwindcheck n00b

Kpghdttdposter.jpg

I am hosting a Dama to the Death in collaboration Skillderness.

If you are eliminated so is your kendama.

The main event is a double, elimination bracket. Once you get knocked out, your kendama is put on the pile to be burned by the winner!

The event will be on Sunday, July 15th from 12 to 5 pm, in a South Park PA.

$10 entry fee for the burn Ken Bracket, and free for others to come out and Jam for the day.
    There will also be other mini-games and giveaways throughout the event.

Let me know if you coming by posting or checking the Facebook event linked below.

www.facebook.com/events/1860378637588674/

To keep the most up to date check out @KendamaPGH on Instagram

Jun 25, 2018
  2. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

...welp I'm definitely not risking my dama for this and I don't want people getting pissed at me for no reason

Jun 25, 2018
    ttocsic likes this.
  3. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

This is kind of fun, I think most people have a thrasher laying around that they could afford to sacrifice. But $10 and a dama is a pretty steep ask for some folks. Hope it works out for you guys!

Jun 26, 2018
    ttocsic likes this.
  4. mykindofscum

mykindofscum n00b

Looks fun to me. I'll risk my very well used krom pop.

Jun 26, 2018
  5. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

Bruh I remember the last time this comp went down, a bunch of yellow Luzis were burned and forgotten by the flames...like c'mon, why would you use a Luzi to compete if only a limited batch was made?

Jun 27, 2018
  6. whirlwindcheck

whirlwindcheck n00b

I was hoping to have a high cost of entry was kind of the point, having a high-risk high reward. But I do know it could be hard for some people, that why I have amped up prizes. Also working with sponsors and vendors to hopefully soften the blow, of losing a kendama, while retaining a bit of the added pressure of actually losing a Kendama you bring.
    Ya those people were crazy, but in both events, we are not making people burn tamas, so that's a silver lining for using a rarer kendama.
    I will also say that the players in Pittsburgh are pretty chill, at least in my experience. Very nice and super helpful. So, at least for this comp, I would expect people would come to the comp knowing what they were putting on the line.

Jun 27, 2018
    Cheech_Sander likes this.