Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

dealwithit decision

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Brendan S, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Brendan S

Brendan S n00b

want to buy my first dwi but cant decide between green tea sticky af or the rubber paint with bamboo ken... dont have a bamboo ken so im leaning towards that. suggestions?

Sep 11, 2018
  2. Qonnor

Qonnor Slayer

That's a super hard choice. If it were me, I would go with the bamboo. I have the OG JP mod in bamboo/rubber and it's one of my favorite damas in my collection. For me, my maple Jarod mod is almost too heavy so the bamboo might be a nice change.

If I were you, I'd pick up the Bamboo Jarod mod now and pick up something with Sticky AF in the V2 shape.

Sep 11, 2018
    Sam Strohmyer and Brendan S like this.
  3. Jacob Everett

Jacob Everett Member

I have the sticky af jp and it plays great but I haven’t played a rubber paint or bamboo ken but they look sick

Sep 11, 2018
    Brendan S likes this.
  4. ttocsic

ttocsic Slayer

just go with either one, and if you don't like it, just deal with it.

Sep 11, 2018
  5. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

If you dont have a bamboo.... get one!

Sep 11, 2018
    ChrisPChicken and Qonnor like this.
  6. Sam Strohmyer

Sam Strohmyer Slayer

When I was starting to get more into Kendama I loved trying new wood types, new paint types, and new company shapes, if you have a chance to get something crossed off your collection for all 3 of those boxes I’d say go for that, but it’s personal preference. I prefer to play almost anything before bamboo, never had a great experience on bamboo, but all Kendama stories are biased/anecdotal, so keep that in mind when asking if a company is “worth it”

Sep 12, 2018
    Qonnor likes this.
  7. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

One of my favorite playing kendama was/is an old Bahama Kendama natty bamboo. It's currently strung lefty from back when I messed up my right arm so I don't play it as much. I'm itching to get another for right hand play. I like the sound of the wood strikes too really different than say beech or birch.

tl;dr get the bamboo :D

Sep 13, 2018
    Donuts likes this.