Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Do we need more vid contest???

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Edric Owen Ladera, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

(Don't exactly remember if there's a specific thread for video contest, most likr about edits.)

Hey guys,

Now i kinda feel like there's not that much buzz atm beside crowdfunding for KWC & the rest of the upcoming line of prime from sweets. Honestly, putting a grain of salt, i think 2015-2016 has most happenings when it comes to kendama. What makes it so hype for me? Apparently, lot's of contest involving edits (whether it was grip, a spot in the sweets team or other brands popping of at that time) the edits what really the thing back then & was so hype seeing each player show their "skills". Now don't get me wrong, number of people are in instagram posting stuff which where more contest are done. But it's kinda bland for me cause one trick will be the talk for like weeks, probably few months & that's it. Is that ONE trick that only. People never talked about like a full on edit that caters alot of tricks or one trick that you loop or makes you drag that time back to the start & watching again. Edits for me are the best.

Now, I wonder... Does any of you feel like the same way? or do you feel like we need more edit contest? not like 1min short on ig, I mean like full on edits... what do you guys think?

Feb 17, 2018
  2. xplodit

xplodit Slayer

I dig the single trick contests on IG, but they are definitely more fun to participate in than watch. Edits are so much more entertaining. However making your own takes soooo much time and effort especially if you don’t have photographers and video editors like the pros. Stationary gopro shots blended in with B roll and synchronized to music is hard to make appealing on your own unless you’re a filmmaker. I’d rather put the one badass trick that took no effort to edit on my IG and talk to my friends about it. Editing a 4 minute video would take hours of filming yourself and hours at a computer, then poof. In a week or two your edit is old news. My point is the effort to narcissistic return on individual trick videos greatly outweighs that of a well done edit, even if the edit is way more entertaining.

Feb 17, 2018
    Edric Owen Ladera likes this.
  3. TheWickEffect

TheWickEffect Slayer

I like Instagram. It makes posting content way more accessible. However it has shifted the focus to the trick, rather than creating something that is visually appealing. People arent taking the time to find a cool film spot, set up the shot, or edit the clip. I see a lot of banger tricks laced in people's bedrooms. The tricks themselves are becoming more about technical difficulty and less about visual appeal. For this reason I usually like watching edits more. Sure making edits takes time, but it dosent have to be that daunting. I think Instagram would be a lot more enjoyable if people posted better content less often.

Feb 17, 2018
  4. Dama.ob

Dama.ob Member

I think there should be more edit contests. I personally have not made an edit(I do want to), but I think that they are really good for contests, like grip. Instagram does have some video contests but sometimes people do less creative tricks then they may while making an edit(from my experience of watching edits people seem to do better tricks in them than Instagram).

Feb 17, 2018
  5. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

It is harder to make edits, true, but it's a fulfilling experience. Instagram is filled with clips now, and it can get pretty boring after a while.

Feb 18, 2018
    Edric Owen Ladera likes this.