Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Event (but not really) Pokemon

Discussion in 'Non-Dama Drama' started by KeeganS, Aug 30, 2017.

1. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Personally, I do love the event Pokemon and am absolutely stoked for the Marshadow 'event' in October for Sun and Moon.

However, I do wish that instead of receiving these 'event' Pokemon through Mystery Gift I would love to see the codes trigger an actual event in the game to unlock and capture these same Pokemon (with the same attacks present and any items held gained after the battle as a drop item). Or for Pokemon with corresponding items (the Prison Bottle for Hoopa or the Azure Flute for Arceus) unlock those items in order to trigger the events for those corresponding Pokemon.

If I remember correctly, the Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal had the same/a similar mechanic with the exclusive GS ball that unlocked Celebi.

Just a thought I had when I read about the Marshadow event coming to the US in October.

Aug 30, 2017
  2. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

If you’re old enough, you’d remember that the only way to get a Mew in Gen 1/2 was to personally be at a Nintendo event, to get a chance to receive a Mew.

Aug 30, 2017
  3. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

I'm old enough to remember, since I was about 7 or 8 when pokemon was released but i didnt follow news like that until around the gen4 games. I did learn of one of the Mew glitches that allowed you to encounter any pokemon depending on the special stat of one of your party pokemon. Definitely abused that for a while a couple years ago.

Aug 30, 2017