Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Favorite Kamen Rider Series/Character?

Discussion in 'Non-Dama Drama' started by James Hoang, Dec 30, 2016.

1. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

Most of the people that I've met in real life have no idea about what Kamen Rider is, and even when I show them, all they ask is,"Is that supposed to be Power Rangers?" So I'm kind of curious when I ask this question to the kendama community: Do you know what Kamen Rider is, and if so, what is your favorite series? Also, who is your favorite character out of all of the 33 current rider seasons?

For me, my favorite series would have to be Drive because although it was mostly light and hearty, it did have a few dark parts to the storyline that kept me interested. As for my favorite character, it would have to be Kiriya from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid because I sort of feel like I'm like him in many ways, and he's someone that is a likable character that doesn't tell the truth much to prevent others from getting scared and to keep them safe.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Dec 30, 2016
    Zect likes this.
  2. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Kabuto/Tendou Souji, Den-O/Momotaros, Gaim/Kazuraba Kota, Fourze/Kisaragi Gentaro, Decade/Kadoya Tsukasa

Jan 2, 2017
  3. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

I do know what Kamen Rider is. Love Tokusatsu/Kaiju. Just haven't gotten around to watching any of the Kamen series yet, currently working my way through the Ultra series & Toho films, then Sentai, then Kamen.

Jan 2, 2017
  4. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

If anyone is interested in watching Kamen Rider, I suggest you try the current series right now: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid! So far, there are 29 episodes, but here's the preview/trailer for the first episode.

You can also find subbed episodes on Facebook if you join the Facebook Kamen Riders group, but you can watch it for free on KissAsian.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Apr 29, 2017
  5. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

I didn't know much about it, still don't really, but I used to trade Kamen rider figures you could only get in Japan to a knife designer based in Hawaii and was hardcore about it. I'd send a box full of gashapon figures etc. and he'd send back a box of knives he'd designed and macadamia chocolates.

Apr 29, 2017
  6. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

All you Kamen Rider viewers! What are your thoughts on the current Neo Heisei Rider, Kamen Rider Build?
    I've only seen the 1st episode, still need to jump on the second but really liking it. I feel like when you say that after just the 1st episode, you'll definitely enjoy the rest of the series.

Sep 12, 2017
  7. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

I'm really loving Build as far as the first two episodes go! Definitely looking forward to seeing what other forms Sento has up his sleeve after defeating more Smash. One of the best moments so far was just the first episode where Sento pulls out his phone and a gold Full Bottle and the cafe owner asks if he's going to call in sick on the first day. It's just like, "Yea, yea, yea. Hello? Of course I'm not going to do that!"
    Hopefully, this season won't be like Kyuranger or Ghost where in the beginning of every episode, you suddenly hear, "ORE WA TENKUJI TAKERU. I WAS KILED BY A GANMA ON MY 18TH BIRTHDAY, AND NOW I ONLY HAVE 99 DAYS TO COLLECT ALL OF THE 15 HEROIC EYECONS." @Jewbacca

Sep 12, 2017
  8. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where) that Sento will definitely be a different kind of main hero from previous main Riders like Ghost and Ex-Aid.
    I'd also like to see a different Red Sentai leader from current/previous Red Sentai Rangers (Zyuoh Eagle is a bit of an exception from the overtly hyperactive Red Sentais like Shishi Red/Kyuuranger, AkaNinger/Ninninger, and Toq1go/Toqger). Gimme a Red Sentai Ranger like Shinken Red or Gokai Red. Fearless but not goofy/childlike.

Sep 12, 2017
    James Hoang likes this.
  9. Eric Andrei Baril

Eric Andrei Baril n00b

Ex-aid/ Taiga , Kabuto/Tendou, Gaim/Kouta and all 3 are my favorite series

Sep 22, 2017
    James Hoang likes this.
  10. Eric Andrei Baril

Eric Andrei Baril n00b

So far its not bad i have a rule if the story gets better within 10 episodes i will finish it til the end if not then not worth downloading

Sep 22, 2017
    James Hoang likes this.
  11. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

I'm liking how they're going so far after ep3. Definitely hasa whole different feel than the near cookie cutter storylines since Double (some exceptions)

Sep 22, 2017
  12. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

I read that the current Heisei era will be ending with Japan's Emperor Akihito abdicating the throne to his son.
    Meaning Build is the last Heisei era Kamen Rider series and is the transition series to the new era (whatever it will be called).
    There is definitely a stark difference between the Showa/Ishinomori era and the current Heisei and even a slight difference between the original Heisei (Kuuga to Decade) and the current Neo-Heisei (Double to Build).
    I'd definitely like to see more evil Kamen Rider/Rider like villains who STAY as such through to the end (I see Night Rogue and Blood Stark being prime examples). Maybe not necessarily the main baddies, but definitely a significant one similar to Fuwa Juzo from Shinkenger.
    Would also like to see less tertiary Riders on the protagonist's side. I understand from a marketing standpoint that it helps boost sales with more marketable characters, and some series have done well with side character stories. But that's just my preferance.

Sep 23, 2017
    James Hoang likes this.
  13. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

Riders announced for Heisei Generations: Final! Keegan, if you don't want spoilers, don't check out this post!

Oct 14, 2017
  14. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Came in late on this post haha. I dont mind spoiler and after seeing a lot of the previews and other spoiler posts I am pretty psyched for the new Movie Wars/Heisei Generations movie.

Dec 10, 2017
    James Hoang likes this.
  15. Zect

Zect n00b

I've seen some of the seasons of KR. My fav series is Kabuto, Agito and Double. My fav characters would definitely be Tendou and Tsurugi.

Mar 2, 2018
    James Hoang likes this.
  16. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Guys. I suck. I have fallen so far behind. The last episode of Build I saw was the one just before the Rider War started.

Mar 2, 2018
    James Hoang likes this.
  17. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

Yo just keep watching! It gets pretty interesting from there

Mar 2, 2018
  18. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

28trickslater really put me behind, with kyuuranger too.
    Filming a trick while trying to watch subs is pretty difficult haha
    Here’s hoping I can catch up this weekend.

Mar 3, 2018
    James Hoang likes this.
  19. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

I kinda gave up on Kyuuranger at around the 19th episode mainly because it just didn't appeal to me much anymore. I just hope that Lupinranger vs. Patranger and KR Build stay as interesting as they currently are.

Mar 3, 2018
  20. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

I stayed around to I wanna say up to the last 4 - 5 episodes. So kinda just gotta finish it at that point...eventually haha. But yeah, I can understand why its appeal didn't work on some.
    I still haven't watched any of Amazonz Season 2 either. Loved season 1, and saw a teaser image for the movie earlier this morning too.

Mar 3, 2018
    James Hoang likes this.