Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Favorite Kendama Company Owner?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Nick Lectura, Oct 16, 2017.

?

Favorite kendama company owner?

1. Jero (KUSA)

2. Sweets

3. Thorkild/Philip (Krom)

4. Jake/Matt (GT)

5. Matt (Deal With It)

6. Alex (Terra)

7. Chad (Sol)

8. Tamotsu (Gloken)

9. Kris (REZ)

10. John/Grant/Kris (PNW)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

After watching Matt's clip and reading one of the hashtags, #ownerscanstillgetdown, I began thinking about which dama company owners get down the hardest..

With that being said, who is your favorite kendama company owner and why?
    Maybe you like their company the most, you like what they're doing for the community, or you think that they're not only a good owner but that they shred the dama super hard as well!
    Whatever your reasoning, vote in the poll and/or leave a comment down below as I couldn't enter any more options! I know there's a lot more out there!

Mine is probably Lord Jero :cool:

Here is Matt's clip that inspired this thread:

Added the company names to the poll so the noobs know who's who ;)

Oct 16, 2017
  2. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

In overall terms, @htimSxelA, @thorkild, @MattSweets, @Chad Covington and Tamotsu can *actually* mop a lotta players off the floor with their tricks.

The people listed here have those nutty OG JKA style tricks in their arsenal, which can bring to some serious slayage, since most of the new gen players don’t really dabble on this kinda stuff.

Alex being my vote, because he can come up with really nasty and awkward tricks, and probably while holding a Tim Horton’s waffle that’s drenched in maple syrup in one hand, while trackstanding.

Oct 16, 2017
  3. Stuart Barron

Stuart Barron Slayer

Favorite company is probably KUSA but I don't really know much about Jero, likewise Kris of REZ.

Matt Rice does an amazing job of pushing his DWI brand and innovating paint schemes, considering he seems to be a one man operation. Also his selection of Pros too. Although I don't actually own a DWI dama!

Favorite player here is definitely Kris Bosch of PNW, but all these guys came on up with the OG damas and you can really see that in their playing styles.

Oct 17, 2017
    Congarranza, johndmc and Sirwillcode like this.
  4. Sirwillcode

Sirwillcode Slayer

I'd say bosch is the biggest shredder up there arguably and prolly my favorite owner as well.

Oct 17, 2017
    Stuart Barron likes this.
  5. Sirwillcode

Sirwillcode Slayer

It has to be pretty awesome to own the dama company where you have your own pro model. That you have earned. Not just bc you can.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Oct 17, 2017
    ChrisPChicken, KeeganS and Gasiek like this.
  6. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

Jero and Colin together helped kendama "go wide". He's a quiet guy and a lot of n00bs wouldn't even recognize him, but replace the J with an H and you get the idea of what he means for kendama in North America.

Phil and Thorkild are just so much fun and have a contagious passion. Super positive guys and they are very generous to the community at large.

Alex Smith is just one of the smartest and most knowledgable guys out there and his contributions to DS are endless- that's why he probably will never relinquish his spot on the leaderboard.

Kris and Tamotsu are both very kind people. They're the kind of guys you would actually want your sister to date. Good dudes.

There really isn't a bad person on this list. In general if you're a dick, people won't do business with you, so it's a testament to these owners that they're all still working in kendama.

Oct 17, 2017
    Congarranza and ChrisPChicken like this.
  7. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

I swear my phone still autocorrects 'Jero' to 'Hero' every time lol.

Thanks for the love :oops:
    My vote(s) went to Jero and Tamotsu, those two have take risks and done more for dama than most people will ever know
    (worth mentioning, Hajime Ishibashi is the other GLOKEN founder. Tamotsu is largely the face of the organization, but Ishibashi deserves a lot of credit as well!)

Oct 17, 2017
  8. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

ugh I had a slight feeling I might not have gotten this right, did not know about Hajime Ishibashi before, thanks Alex!

Oct 18, 2017
  9. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

I think that Matt and Jake are amazing kendama owners and are constantly spreading the love. Also GT makes the best damas out there (My opinion)
    Kris from REZ is such a nice dude, and also bangz the dama.
    Alex is amazing. He makes amazing, beautiful tamas for terra, while still spreading the love with KUSA.

This may be biased because I think that KUSA and GT are the best kendama companies, and I also have personally met Kris, sooooo...
    But, I am being as honest as I can based off of my prior knowledge.

Oct 19, 2017