Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Forgetting How To Do A Trick?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Reece Takayama, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Reece Takayama

Reece Takayama n00b

Whenever I practice dubs for kenflips and whirlwinds I often encounter a problem afterwards where I have trouble doing regular kenflips and whirlwinds. I can do them normally again after practicing them a couple of times after, but it takes about a minute or so to get used to them again.

I was wondering if this or something similar to this happens to anyone else?

Jan 4, 2017
    Aloysius_hung_ likes this.
  2. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

Been happening for me. I used to be able to do regular whirlwinds but not inward whirlwinds. Now I can do inward whirlwinds with ease, and regular whirlwinds are a struggle. I feel like I gotta learn it all over again sometimes

Jan 5, 2017
  3. Reece Takayama

Reece Takayama n00b

I started to encounter that, although only recently when I decided to start doing regular whirlwinds again. Except, in my case I got so used to just doing inward after a spike that, now when I try doing regular whirlwinds I can't seem to get it so easily (haha doesn't help that I started practicing dubs as well)

Jan 5, 2017
  4. Dean Manning

Dean Manning Member

Something that helps is to do whirlwind then inward ww in a row or jstick then inward.

Jan 5, 2017
  5. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

I had been working on getting double juggles down and got pretty decent at them around Thanksgiving.
    I started working on double lighthouse flips after and totally lost the ability to do double juggles since I stopped working on them.
    Trying to get it back but now it's even more frustrating because I could do it before and now I cant.

Jan 5, 2017
  6. Sbermea22

Sbermea22 Member

I've gotten so use to one turn lighthouses to the point where pull up lighthouse is a struggle. One turning stuff is just easier though

Jan 5, 2017
  7. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

You could always try to do a single then a double. Then you would be practicing both. I do this with J sticks all the time. 1-2-3-4 J sticks, then I just build off of the progression

Jan 5, 2017
    Mac Dick and Reece Takayama like this.
  8. Blake W.

Blake W. Honed Member

This is 110% me. Also if I don't regularly hone birds and stalls I get bad really fast

Jan 5, 2017
  9. Reece Takayama

Reece Takayama n00b

True, true

Jan 5, 2017
  10. HansensSodaCan

HansensSodaCan n00b

For me if I'm spending too much time on one trick I'll forget how to do other tricks super easy like I'll focus on lunar flips and I'll forget around Europe. Or I'll take a dama break and focus on yoyoing and I'll feel like I've forgotten so much haha

Jan 6, 2017
  11. Ryalkid20

Ryalkid20 Honed Member

Around October-November I was practicing on dub tap lighty after I got those down I started doing late flips and totally lost it so I need to figure out a way so you don't lose it

Jan 7, 2017
  12. kendama duke

kendama duke Honed Member

A few months ago I was really consistent with whirlslingers! But then i got away from it, and starting working some lunars and juggles. And now I'm not as consistent as I used to be with whirlslingers.... you just have to keep on playing :)

Jan 7, 2017
    Reece Takayama likes this.
  13. Aloysius_hung_

Aloysius_hung_ Honed Member

Tat happens to me alot, the other day i was trying stall whirlwind for really long and forgot to practice my dub ww, now it isnt that good anymore. My advice is just practice that trick more and get that muscle memory back. Also, when learning another trick, make sure to take a break and practice ur old tricks so u dont lose them.

Jan 7, 2017
    Reece Takayama likes this.
  14. Raybulatao

Raybulatao Member

Me and spacewalk swap spikes have a terrible relationship

Jan 7, 2017
  15. Aloysius_hung_

Aloysius_hung_ Honed Member

Lol same

Jan 9, 2017