Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Funniest Kendama Story?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by SumerDama, Feb 13, 2018.

1. SumerDama

SumerDama n00b

Ok so I'm new to the Downspike forums and wanted to do something to get involved. So here it goes, I wanna hear all about your funniest, weirdest, wackiest kendama stories! Please don't hold back! Make me laugh and bring em on!!

Feb 13, 2018
    Jedi_man, htimSxelA and Dæmon like this.
  2. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

That one time we met Ron Burgundy

Feb 13, 2018
    Jedi_man and SumerDama like this.
  3. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

Part One.
    (The following takes place just a few days before KWC 2015.)

So, before the official KWC road tour started (from Osaka to Hiroshima), Gloken put a bunch of us up in a youth hostel. Something like 1/4 of the guys competing came over early and stayed there.

Being the first time meeting faces that you only saw on YouTube vids, like @htimSxelA and @RodDama, i was like, woah.
    And then there’s the peeps you see often at FKC.

So, we were assigned rooms, about six of us crammed in a room with four bunk beds and two futons, i was lucky to get to chill with the Terra crew, and this Russian dude named Yan.
    And Yan is crazy, as most Russians are.

Dude bought like, two bottles of Russia’s finest vodka, and some other stuff.
    Started chugging about 1/3 of the bottle once he cracked one open.
    I left him in the room to go get some grub from 7E, and when i came back an hour later, nobody was in, so i sat down to eat my grub, and Hajime (from Gloken) opened the door and went “hey Azrin, you seen Yan?”, and i was like “naaa don’t see em’”.
    Hajime was flustered. He’d been searching for Yan for a while now, and it’s clear from his face that he hasn’t been successful.

Hajime sighed a bit, and he was like “i’m sleepy. Maybe i’ll look for him tomorrow”. “Ah, cool Hajime, see ya tomorrow then”.
    Hajime closed the door and i went about finishing up my grub.
    Not more than 15 mins later, Hajime comes back and said “oh, don’t worry about it, i found him”.
    “Where?”, i asked.
    “He’s sleeping on my bed! Drunk! *sighs* i’m tired, man”

I just can’t help it at that point, i freakin’ broke out in laughter man, it’s just too much.
    Somehow Yan found his way back to his room, woke up the next morning and chugged on vodka like it’s Tuesday.

We were banned from the hostel after, but that was a helluva an awesome place to stay.

The takeaway from this : you don't find the Russian, the Russian finds YOU!

Part Two.
    (The following takes place during KWC 2015.)

When we arrived at Arcadia Inn (fantastic lodging, by the way), we were assigned rooms, and of course the teams get rooms for themselves, and the ladies, and then there’s the unassociated.
    Those who have no teams, or perhaps have teams, but came alone.

Philip Eldridge was one such person. And so did me, and ten others, dubbed “The Manservants”, since we stayed in the room presumably provided to the working force of Arcadia Inn.
    It was a strategic location though, the door opened up right at the dining area, where buffet breakfast and dinner is served. Nice.
    We were hella tired from the bus trip, all we wanted to do was sleep, but at the same time, chill with a few homies.
    Phil slept on the futon next to mine, and when it got a tad too late, i went off to bed.

The next morning, i woke up refreshed (i mean, the mountain air helps), and i felt a few pieces of cold metal around my pillow and neck.
    I picked one up, it was a 1 yen coin.
    Then i picked two up.
    Then four.
    Then eight.
    And a Danish Krone, too.

Coincidentally, Phil just got back from his shower, and he looked at me and the coins and said “yup, that was me.”
    And then i was like wtf?
    He said “dude, you were snoring so loudly, it was difficult for me to sleep. So i threw some coins at you, hoping to shut you up.”
    I was like “ohh shit man, i am so damn sorry”
    Phil was reaching for his socks when he said “it’s all cool bruv. Keep the change.”

From that moment on, i developed a hobby of collecting foreign currencies from dama players, and i still keep that Danish Krone that Phil threw at my face, as a keepsake.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Feb 13, 2018
    Jedi_man, Jasper B. and htimSxelA like this.
  4. goenKendama

goenKendama Moderator Staff Member

Feb 13, 2018
    SumerDama likes this.