Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Gnarliest place you've lost a dama while playing?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Jenny Cho, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Jenny Cho

Jenny Cho Slayer

Just finished watching a KUSA video where @DaveMateo's kendama goes flying off of a cliff (The Red Rock Squad edit) :p

What's the craziest way/where's the craziest place you've lost a dama to? Which dama was it - was it valuable? Anyone ever practice string tricks and send it flying into somewhere where you couldn't retrieve it? Like the ocean or something?

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm just waiting for the day. I'm notoriously clumsy, and a HUGE dama dropper - especially because I'm very uncoordinated with string tricks.

I just figured there's probably a lot of funny and also heartbreaking stories when it comes to this topic.

Mar 10, 2017
  2. Sirwillcode

Sirwillcode Slayer

Not a huge deal but was doing some mooncircle to immediate hand rolls and the dama flew out of my hand and broke a bulb and a piece of a fan. Worst so far.

Mar 10, 2017
    quacktaped and sambarboo like this.
  3. Preston

Preston Member

Hahaha were your parents mad?

Mar 10, 2017
  4. Sirwillcode

Sirwillcode Slayer

Ehh... Not really. I was kinda bc my fan was above my bed so I had to pick out all these pieces and vacuum so I didn't sleep on them. Haha

Mar 10, 2017
    Jenny Cho and sambarboo like this.
  5. quacktaped

quacktaped Honed Member

yesterday I was jamming when the string of my kenco broke and my tama flew into a trash can I fished it out but lost the bead :(

Mar 11, 2017
    Jenny Cho likes this.
  6. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

I dunno if I've ever lost one while playing, close though. I remember filming a trick in a N California town years ago, out on the pier. Just about lost a dama over the edge!

Mar 11, 2017
  7. sorrywongnumber

sorrywongnumber Honed Member

Almost lost a Walnut Stripe setup at my family restaurant

Mar 11, 2017
    Jenny Cho likes this.
  8. RodDama

RodDama Member

My first time in Japan I was jamming my rasta battle waiting for the train. .when the string broke! Tama rolling towards the oncoming train. ..I saved it though :)

Mar 11, 2017
  9. Aloysius_hung_

Aloysius_hung_ Honed Member

Got too hyped and did infiniti spacewalk, throwing my altantic ken upwards. Didnt worry much as the ground was soft rubber. However, it somehow got to the top of the shopping centre i was at. Probably still up there :(
    It was a great ken, slings like hell

Mar 12, 2017
    Jenny Cho and RyanArthurWalker like this.
  10. Prax_slays

Prax_slays n00b

Well my reading teacher confiscated my Dama one time... I was just doing kenflips over and over because clacking in class would be distracting for others. Apparently kenflips are dangerous so she took it and gave it to the office. That being said she also takes my phone whenever I check the time, I no longer know what time it is in reading class

Mar 15, 2017
  11. karekarekeah

karekarekeah Member

I almost dropped my kendama into the grand canyon LOL

Mar 16, 2017
  12. Ryalkid20

Ryalkid20 Honed Member

Chipped my Dama on a playground that had wood chips and lost the chip R.I.P Bonzai keyaki

Mar 16, 2017
    Jenny Cho likes this.
  13. Nitram707

Nitram707 Member

Played on the Golden Gate Bridge and while I was spacewalking it slipped off my hand into the Pacific Ocean good bye Kaizen 2.0

Mar 16, 2017
  14. AndrewBenincasa_CNYK

AndrewBenincasa_CNYK Member

Thats rough. How long did you have that kendama for? I know the 2.0s came out very recently

Mar 17, 2017
  15. P0WAH0USE!

P0WAH0USE! Member

String snapped on a premium orange ozora while I was filming at the Grand Canyon, and that ken is living the rest of its days somewhere in that beautiful place. Glad it was the tama I got to hold onto though.

Mar 17, 2017
    Steph Lussier and Jenny Cho like this.
  16. Nitram707

Nitram707 Member

Lol 1 week sadly

Mar 17, 2017
    Jenny Cho likes this.
  17. Jenny Cho

Jenny Cho Slayer

T_T

Mar 17, 2017
  18. AndrewBenincasa_CNYK

AndrewBenincasa_CNYK Member

Oh bummer man

Mar 17, 2017
  19. A few weeks ago I was playing on a bridge over a river near my house and lightning dropped it of the bridge... walked home disappointed because I thought it was gone forever. The other day I found it on the bank stuck in the mud. It was a little moist but it dried out and all is well.

Mar 17, 2017
    Jenny Cho likes this.
  20. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

well not a whole dama but the bead got lost between the grass XD

i was grinding this trick (lunar, inward flip tap back to lunar) for hours, suddenly my string snaps & my bead fly out of nowhere... the worst part of it is that i know it was near the grass area but it was really a pain to find the bead. it was like a pin in a haystack XD so when that happened, i quit for a while & restring back at home. from that moment, i grind & do the trick as a revenge to my mishaps.

Mar 21, 2017
    htimSxelA and Jenny Cho like this.