Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

How can I get double juggle? help

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Razw, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Razw

Razw n00b

Hello everyone! I get juggle, i get kenflip, i can also juggle with tomatoes/apples (but only 2/3 juggles) -lol- but I cant get double juggle. Some advices? Some help?

Jul 17, 2017
    ksantos likes this.
  2. Razw

Razw n00b

:( up

Jul 17, 2017
  3. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

Not sure dub juggz belongs in beginners!

Jul 18, 2017
  4. Brandon Jensen

Brandon Jensen Slayer

We don't really have anything other than beginners forum. maybe this should be for just general help with tricks?

I took a couple of tamas and simply practiced juggling with one hand. I can get to around 15 juggles single handedly. I'm not consistent on landing it back on the spike. But I can pretty consistently get double juggles to big cup and the like.

Jul 19, 2017
    ksantos likes this.
  5. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

I just practice it a ton. I have never been able to get more than a 2 juggle to spike, but occasionally I can get up to 4 jugs.

Jul 20, 2017
    ksantos likes this.
  6. ksantos

ksantos Member

First, practice, like A LOT. You don't have to practice for 6 hours a day on juggles, but do it at least daily. With that out of the way, here are some very important things to keep in mind when trying to land it:

- make the toss as straight as you can
    - bend the the ken down when you toss it up
    ---> this helps to keep the ken flipping in the same exact area
    - if you tap the tama, put your fingers close together, and curl them slightly to cushion it
    ---> this helps to keep the ball in the exact same area, and helps to control the hole

If you did not understand any of that, just watch Uriel Sanchez's newest tutorial on juggling. If you have already seen it (his video), keep watching the slowmo's, and keep listening to his advice. More importantly, practice a ton; it takes time. It took me more than 2 months to learn a double juggle, but it is worth it.

Jul 20, 2017
    Sir Spike likes this.
  7. Sir Spike

Sir Spike Slayer

It's crazy that you mentioned to curl the tama because that is what has been messing me up this whole time. I'd literally just tap the tama up for a single juggle and it would work but if you curl your fingers around the tama you can time the "juggle" process better. It give you the control to bust out multiple juggles rather than a speedy single one.

I haven't seen any tutorials mentioning this method but I saw that watching Sanchez, it looks like he fully grasps the tama every time. So messing around yesterday I started doing the same thing and it's had great results in my play. I've been able to get the double rotations for double juggle. Now I just have to keep practicing the timing to get more juggles down.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Jul 24, 2017
  8. ksantos

ksantos Member

I mentioned in my post to curl your fingers when you hit the tama, not to curl the tama.

Jul 24, 2017
  9. Sir Spike

Sir Spike Slayer

Yeah that's what I meant. I kinda typed that in a hurry. But thanks for the correction.

Jul 24, 2017
    ksantos likes this.