Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

How to multi juggle?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by DaKaiz3nWizard, Jan 16, 2017.

1. DaKaiz3nWizard

DaKaiz3nWizard Member

I've been trying to get it. I can already land single juggle :p

Jan 16, 2017
  2. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

I have a lot of trouble with these two. Anything more than two and my tama hits the ken, or my string tangles up and messes something up. I might just grab a stringless setup and go outside over grass or something and just jam on the stringless juggles for awhile until I can control it more.

Jan 16, 2017
  3. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

Like @Steezdiaz said, I think practicing stringless might help a lot. I'm kind of lowkey working on these, but also cannot really do them yet.

Jan 17, 2017
  4. Pyromawn

Pyromawn n00b

I wrote something in another thread that might be intresting. I will tag you there!

Jan 17, 2017
    htimSxelA and Aloysius_hung_ like this.
  5. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

As other users have said, juggling with oranges or tennis balls helps first.

Jan 17, 2017
  6. MicahDama

MicahDama Honed Member

I can juggle balls for days, but the multiple juggle has been evading me in Kendama.

Jan 17, 2017
  7. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

Same.

Jan 19, 2017
  8. MicahDama

MicahDama Honed Member

I can now do two juggles with some consistency. Hopefully after I work the mechanics I'll be throwing quad juggs.

Next jug trick I need is juggle to lighty.

Jan 19, 2017
    Almostgets likes this.
  9. quitthecircuit

quitthecircuit n00b

I have been grinding the juggles lately. It's all about rythm. You can see it plainly when players like Rolf juggle. All about confident ken flips and grabbing the tama intentionally and not throwing it until the ken is almost in your hand.

Jan 19, 2017
  10. Corbin Reiter

Corbin Reiter n00b

It's really hard to get the feeling of alternating Ken to Tama because they are so different. What really helped me get them is just sending triple or quadruple juggles. Even if you only get two, you will eventually get the muscle memory. It takes a lot of trial and error but I have found that it works.

Jan 19, 2017
  11. BrandonDama

BrandonDama n00b

Okay so I had Daunye Synigal teach me how to juggle and it's made my juggle game just amazing ever since. One thing you want to do is practice column juggling with 2 tamas. After doing that. There's a specific way to kenflip, you can do it the stodd way where you kenflip as normal, or you can do it the bonz and rolf way where you put your index finger in your small cup for additional control( this helps also for all kenfips so just learn to do it this way on all your kenflip tricks for more consistency). Once you have done that kenflip a few times, try doing it with an unstrung setup then once you're consistent, move on to a long string setup, then move back to your normal string setup. What this will do is get you consistent on the motion while evading using a string at first which can be viewed as a "handicap". Another big thing is to focus on grabbing the tama with 4 fingers and leaving your thumb to the side almost like giving a thumbs up. All of this combined should have you doing as many juggles as you can imagine.

Feb 1, 2017
  12. Nel.slay

Nel.slay Member

I had this exact same struggle too. Really, it is easier to help you in person because different people have different problems with multi juggles. When I was learning this trick, I thought it was impossible. My best tips for learning multi juggles are as follows:
    1. Make sure you are catching the ken in a way that the slip stop lands around your middle finger. This helps a TON with controlling the speed of the kenflip. This doesn't seem to make much of a differences when you first start getting this trick, but believe me, learn to do this now and it makes things easier later on. Also, this is my best tip to help those of you having problems with the string.
    2. Slow everything down. I don't mean slow things down in your mind(which does help), I mean literally slow things down. Kenflips, tama pops, everything. Getting the rhythm of multiple juggles is very important. I would suggest listening to the sound of the ken as someone does a multiple juggle to help you learn this rhythm. Rhythm is very very important when juggling, as it is the basis for understanding the timing of all of it.
    3. Loosen up. If you watch someone like Dylan Westmoreland or Gage Cox do juggles, you can see that they are very loose when juggling. Kind of hard to explain, but your wrist should be dropping and flicking with every juggle.
    4. USE YOUR KNEES. Doesn't make much sense with juggles, but it actually helps just in case you flip something too fast, or you don't tama pop enough.
    5. Finally, practice!!! I had to work exclusively at multiple juggles for about 3 months before I could even do it! I would suggest NOT practicing stringless, as it forms bad habits that will be hard to unlearn in the future. Go to a jam spot and just grind to get that double juggle big cup, using all the tips listed above. Remember not to give up ever!!
    You guys got this. Multiple juggle is a very rewarding trick. If anyone has a specific problem with their juggles they need help with, or needs me to further explain a concept, just PM me. Keep shredding!!

Feb 1, 2017
  13. Gasiek

Gasiek Slayer

Really great tips man! Appreciate :)

Feb 17, 2017
  14. Giulian Tena

Giulian Tena Honed Member

Why is this even in the beginner forum

Mar 24, 2017
    Cheech_Sander likes this.
  15. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

^not sure. should we move?

Mar 24, 2017
  16. Avry K

Avry K Honed Member

Still haven't got it but I get closer every time, one thing that I find really helps to get the rythm and the motion is big cup juggle big cup. It's kinda like a step up to multi juggle.

Mar 27, 2017
  17. Brandon Jensen

Brandon Jensen Slayer

I mean, we don't really have a intermediate or advanced forum. So where else would this go?

Mar 27, 2017
  18. Joel Clayton

Joel Clayton Honed Member

Having a long string helps, about 4-5 fingers for me. and I look at both ken and tama when I juggle. Its important to cushion the tama a little bit so the ken can have time to flip all the way around

Main key is just to practice them a ton!

Apr 23, 2017
    Sir Spike and goenKendama like this.
  19. Ho Bin Lee

Ho Bin Lee Member

Ive practiced juggles everyday for almost a year now and i still barely manage 1 jug. Maybe juggles arent my thing after all

Nov 16, 2017
    Sir Spike likes this.
  20. Sir Spike

Sir Spike Slayer

Watch the sweets video and just study it. It will come.

Nov 16, 2017