Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by BallardKROM, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Donald Grant

Donald Grant Member

You are a star! Many thanks :)

Feb 21, 2017
  2. christopherugale

christopherugale n00b

Yo! Christopher here from the Philippines! Shout out to my fellow Pinoys here!

Been playing for like a couple of months now. (Still a noob though) Keep seshing. Spread the dama love!

Feb 24, 2017
    BingoBongo, goenKendama and Dæmon like this.
  3. MathiasK

MathiasK n00b

G'day, my name is Mathias and am from Australia (currently living in Sweden). Been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and been really liking the chill and friendly atmosphere here :)
    Got into kendama about a year ago after watching Kuma Films video with Zoomadanke, followed by Colin Sander's "Practicing Kendama" edit. I still consider myself a noob, but am really loving kendama and am sure I'll be learning a lot from the community here!

Feb 24, 2017
  4. RiverSideDama

RiverSideDama n00b

Sup y'all?! I'm Jordan from Japan. I've been playing since 2014. Stoked to have found this app!
    Instagram is @RiverSideDama

Feb 24, 2017
    BingoBongo and PMC like this.
  5. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

Just curious, did you move there for a girl? The swedes love the aussies.

Feb 24, 2017
    amagad likes this.
  6. MathiasK

MathiasK n00b

Yes I did :)

Feb 24, 2017
    amagad likes this.
  7. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

@MathiasK yeah, been there. Didnt work out but in a roundabout way led me to my soon to be wife.

Feb 24, 2017
    MathiasK likes this.
  8. Tendama

Tendama n00b

Greetings and salutations!

My name is Tennyson Paul, I've been playing Kendama for a little more than 7 years. Christmas is my Dama Anniversary. Located in SoCal. I moved around a lot in Highschool, and Kendama is how I made friends. Went to my first dama event not toooo long ago, Queen City Kendama Open hosted by the one and only Jake Fischer. It was insane how welcoming and humble all the pro players were, if you've never been to one, I highly suggest you do so. It was lit.

Kendama means so very much to me, I became an adult playing, and I know I won't stop. I'm pretty garbage for how long I've been playing, which is pretty hilarious on account of how competitive I am at any other hobby. It's nice to not be discouraged by players who have been playing way less time and are infinitely better.

Anyway, this was far too long of a post, and I apologize for my ramblings.

Instagram - @Tendama
    I can't really think of anyone one that probably hasn't been mentioned, but perhaps @feather1___ he's progressed really quickly and he slays the lunars like no one's business.

Catch ya on the flip flop.

Feb 28, 2017
    Cheech_Sander and goenKendama like this.
  9. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

No way!!
    Donald Grant, in DS?
    Welcome aboard!

Mar 1, 2017
    Donald Grant likes this.
  10. Reily

Reily n00b

Hey everyone! My name is Reily, I'm from Oregon. I play for KendamaMastaz. I've been playing for a couple of years now, but I'm just coming back from a 6 month break. That being said, my favorite part about kendama right now is relearning everything like its the first time.

Instagram: @dama.rei
    @Daun_yon
    @kendamamastaz

Mar 2, 2017
    Daun_yon likes this.
  11. Daun_yon

Daun_yon n00b

Hype ❤❤❤

Mar 2, 2017
    Reily likes this.
  12. Pao

Pao n00b

Heyo! My name is Pao! Currently living in Arizona. I've been playing for a little over 2 years on and off. I'm Filipino. My favorite thing about kendama is the joy of seeing people's first spike or big cup.

Follow me: @kendamapao

Follow the guy who got me into kendama: @superduperjude

And my coworker who's just starting up kendama: @mpencille_

Mar 2, 2017
    Dæmon likes this.
  13. amagad

amagad Slayer

wow. so its not like riding a back when your out of the game for a while?

Mar 2, 2017
  14. Reily

Reily n00b

I'm definitely not as bad as when I first started, but a lot of the technical stuff is a bit harder, LH flips, lunars, balancing tricks. It's just fun to have a new mind set while playing, I'm not stuck in the old combos I used to try to do.

Mar 3, 2017
    Dæmon likes this.
  15. johndmc

johndmc Member

Hey everyone! I'm John 35 from the UK. Currently based in Maidstone but from Liverpool originally.

I've had a kendama since about 2014 after a camping trip with a friend got me hooked. I'm loving playing still despite not having too much time for it these days (I'm now a father of 2).
    My first kendama was a cheap one I bought which I still have to this day, I then moved on to a Sunrise. Currently I'm jamming a Keyaki Ozora which I love. I'm currently practicing to get graded and enter the BKO in may this year.

Mar 6, 2017
    Cheech_Sander likes this.
  16. Aric Bukiri

Aric Bukiri Honed Member

Wassup?! My name is Aric Bukiri i got 2 IG accounts actually but my kendama one is @Ondama777 (other is @brikx96) you all should also check out @windycitykendama Ive been playing Kendama for about 2 years, just actually found people in the Chicago area who jam and im super stoked on starting to chill with them more. I love watching people jam so follow me and ill follow you back!!
    Peace & Love yall.!

Mar 6, 2017
    johndmc and Cheech_Sander like this.
  17. Ting.Kut

Ting.Kut Honed Member

My name is coby knowles. I live in shipshewana indiana and ive been playing kendama for about 5 months. My new favorite trick is a 1.5 swap spike.

Instagram: @ting._kut

Mar 8, 2017
  18. therudewind

therudewind n00b

Hey everyone...my name is Lucas and I just discovered kendama a couple months ago and instantly fell in love. I didn't know kendama communities existed until I stumbled upon Downspike this week and it's crazy how much I've learned just scrolling through random threads. Big shout out to all you masters out there showing the way. I'm bummed I didn't discover kendama earlier in life before I had responsibilities, but I'm just glad to be a part of the kendamaverse. Peace!

Mar 9, 2017
    Cheech_Sander and Aric Bukiri like this.
  19. Brandon Ancheta

Brandon Ancheta n00b

Yo :)

My name is Brandon Ancheta(@fromthebrando). I currently live in San Jose, California. I have been playing kendama ever since April of 2015 (just about 2 years now). Kendama is not just a way of communication, getting outside, or learning an endless pit of tricks, but for me it really is a way for making new friendships! Throughout my two-ish years of playing kendama i have met so many great people and i still jam with them today(SAN JO SLAY CREWWW WHERE YAA AT!) (i could go on forever on how kendama gets me hyped up but ill just leave this here for now)

Follow me on my new dama account @fromthebrando or follow my personal @baseddbrandon and follow the homiez @benherald and @chrisdamacruz

Mar 12, 2017
    Cheech_Sander likes this.
  20. Andrei Ungureanu

Andrei Ungureanu Member

Hello friends!

My name is Andrei Ungureanu , I live in Brasov ROMANIA and have been playing kendama for almost 8 months now. I started playing in August of 2016 and started our local kendama club after 1 week, Kendama Brasov (7 members at first meeting and 300+ after 8 months). From that moment, I knew that I will play with kendama for all my life. I've met so many awesome people in short time like Taz (Oase) and Alpha from Romania, Marc from Play Kendama, Philipe and Thorkild from Krom and last but not least Alex Ruisch. It's amazing how we can all connect through this simple toy.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreiungureanu/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/kendamabrasov/

Mar 14, 2017
    Aric Bukiri and Cheech_Sander like this.