Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by BallardKROM, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Brandon Jensen

Brandon Jensen Slayer

Sup

I'm Brandon Jensen. Working on getting a major in computer science at uni right now. I'm from San Diego California. Got my first kendama like 3 years ago but decided it was dumb and hated it until this last summer, and then even then I didn't even do a lighthouse until a month or two ago.

I'm digging this and basically just want to meet someone else who loves this as much as I do. I've only brought people in, I've never met anyone already in the community.

Bricstr2
    My personal account
    Bricdama__
    My kendama account

Mar 31, 2017
  2. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

I feel like we should enter everyone in this thread into a DSGS

Apr 4, 2017
  3. Gasiek

Gasiek Slayer

Hi guys! My name is Kacper, I am from Poland, Wrocław, and i play kendama for one year, I am posting my kendama videos on my instagram account kacper_gasior. You should definitely follow cutthenoise because it is @Ben Lowe 's account and he is posting great photos abd videos everyday! I wish there was more kendama players in my town. Slay kendama!

Apr 7, 2017
  4. Jack Harris

Jack Harris Member

Hey my name is J.T. Harris, I'm 14 and currently living in Walla Walla, Washington. I got my first kendama 4 yrs ago as a gift from kieth matsumura, I went to school with most of the Wenatchee kendama team that's how I was introduced to kendama. I learned the basics tricks but the I moved and nobody really played at my school or in town. This year I got back into it because my pe teacher got into kendama and people saw me and him playing and asked if they could order one through him. Now you can't go anywhere without seeing someone playing kendama in my school. I'll be posting my progression and hopefully learning some new tricks and getting more consistent. My favorite kendama players are @Ben Lowe @htimSxelA @Yourdy @Grandpa Sandz @RodDama thanks guys for being a huge inspiration to me in the kendama world!
    ( jtharris_14 ) <-instagram

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Apr 7, 2017
  5. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

Apr 7, 2017
    James Hoang likes this.
  6. Jack Harris

Jack Harris Member

Oh ya whoops sorry

Apr 7, 2017
  7. Brandon Jensen

Brandon Jensen Slayer

Apr 8, 2017
    Cheech_Sander likes this.
  8. lonemaven

lonemaven n00b

What is up ya'll! Jason from San Jose/Corona, CA here.

So I've been playing for about 8 months on and off now. I’m originally from Corona, CA but work/live in San Jose, although, I do visit socal often to visit friends and family. My gear includes a rez I just got as a gift and a kaizen cherry and catchy street which I’ve had since beginning (I’m for sure keeping this thing until the tama falls off). Aside from kendama, I try to log some weekend hours road/mountain biking.

Are there any events/jam spots in the Riverside/Corona or San Jose area?

Apr 8, 2017
    Congarranza and Cheech_Sander like this.
  9. JD_2422

JD_2422 n00b

Hey everyone! I am Jeff and I am from Ohio. I am just starting. My 9 year old is also starting with me. My fun with yoyos flowed right into kendama. I am really looking forward to meeting some good people in here.

Apr 9, 2017
  10. BingoBongo

BingoBongo n00b

Hey guys, I'm Jared from Bakersfield, California and I'm 14 years old.

I was first introduced to Kendama when I saw my friend playing Kendama at school. I bought my first Kendama on November 14, 2015, and I have never stopped playing it since. I get stoked when I imrpove and get people into playing Kendama. Two people who have inspire me are @Cooper Eddy and @bonz atron.

My Instagram is: Itsjaree23

Apr 10, 2017
  11. pdxbaggs

pdxbaggs Member

What's up!

David from Portland, Oregon. Graphic designer who started playing 6 months ago. Stoked on the challenge and meditative aspect of kendama.

You can find me on instagram at @david_baggs

@willbryantplz
    @mygoonspdx

Apr 11, 2017
  12. YUNGFISHEYE

YUNGFISHEYE n00b

Apr 12, 2017
  13. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

Sup Jason! Not sure about Riverside or Corona, but I know that there's weekly jams down in San Jose.
    Grain Theory Pro Ben Herald hosts a jam every Saturday from 1-sundown at the Chinese Cultural Gardens. You should definitely go and check it out sometime, there are some real slayers there and Ben occasionally gives away prizes if that interests you. I try and go whenever I can and it is always a fun time there

Apr 14, 2017
  14. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

Just keep playing in public and giving kendama exposure man! I know that's how it got started at my school. One kid had a dama and once the "right" person sort of made it seem cool, everybody wanted one.

Apr 14, 2017
    Gasiek and Cheech_Sander like this.
  15. ShnateSlays

ShnateSlays n00b

My name is Nate McKinney, the northern Cali dama scene isn't too poppin right now, i started playing around 6 months ago, and meeting new people and going to new places has got to be my favorite part of kendama; getting new kendamas is always a close second, I got a sweets prime and a fraiser mod and put the tama from the fraiser mod on the prime and it is my favorite kendama yet(contending with 3 slaydawgs, various krom kendamas, various kusa damas, including a weins mod)

My instagram- @that_dama_dude
    Folow my dudes- @cotk_walters and @humboldt_dama

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Apr 14, 2017
  16. kory_witha_k___

kory_witha_k___ Member

Hey guys!
    My name is Kory(kory_witha_k___)
    I'm from California and am just stoked on Kendama and all the amazing people I have met and the places it has taken me.
    First Kendama was a Duncan venom from the kiosk at Downtown Disney.
    My passion for Kendama has just grown immensely over the last few years and have so much love and respect for this community.
    Good times with great people is what it's all about for me.✌
    My IG @kory_witha_k___
    Follow @tipwetmag
    @find_your_wings

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Apr 15, 2017
  17. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

Yoooooo Koryyyyyy!
    SEND ITTTTTT

Apr 15, 2017
  18. Iamdjpanic

Iamdjpanic n00b

Hey Dama bros
    Iamdjpanic out of NYC (IG) /Iamdjpanic Founder of #Blance&Flo Vp for Kenyc Kendama
    I'm a freestyle Kendama player, jamming for 3 years now

Apr 15, 2017
  19. Jess Latta

Jess Latta Member

What's up fellas!? My name is jess latta and I'm from Lake Tahoe. Grew up with names you'll recognize like TJ Kolesnik, kristian aynedter, and turner thorne. I started playing kendama in high school but stopped playing for like 4 years. Just picked it up again recently and became more addicted than ever! What I like most about this toy is as soon as I started filming, i noticed how much it's motivated me to get out and explore new locations because you gotta have a sick backdrop right?

IG: @lattajess

Apr 22, 2017
  20. JayPoir

JayPoir Member

Hey I'm Jared and I'm from Massachusetts. I've been playing since April 2016. I first saw Kendama on yoyotricks and thought it was stupid. I then saw the Zoomadanke vid put out by kuma films and it really opened my mind to how dynamic and interesting Kendama can be. Got a kaizen black way back when now I play Kendama more than I yoyo and my collection has grown. Trying to spread the Kendama love over here in mass everyday.

IG is @mass_dama

Ps this platform is awesome:D wicked glad to have found it

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Apr 25, 2017