Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by BallardKROM, Sep 26, 2016.

1. m.peterson28

m.peterson28 Member

hey my dudes this is Miles Peterson. I've been playing kendama for about 6 months total (i took a break for a while). I love kendama so much! I'm from St. George Utah.
    main account: @m.peterson28
    go follow my team and my "mentor": @stgk_official and @bowlofbryce

Apr 25, 2017
  2. Duke Dean

Duke Dean Member

My name is Duke. I am a Kendama player in Indiana. I've been playing kendama for about a year. What gets me stoked is landing a new trick, seeing my friends and family getting stoked on learning it and how unique of a skill toy is. My Instagram is @dukendama and YouTube is The Dukendama Show!

May 4, 2017
  3. JayPoir

JayPoir Member

Anyone else play down there? I'm in the Merrimack valley and I haven't met anyone else who plays

May 10, 2017
    goenKendama likes this.
  4. L-Ride

L-Ride Member

Hey, my name is Lincoln, I've been playing kendama since January 2017. I live in Vancouver, Canada. I've been skateboarding since 2000 and I find there are a lot of similarities between them so it was easy to get into. I love pouring in effort to tangible results and kendama is really great for that.

Instagram: @ollieoverthis

Cheers

May 13, 2017
  5. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

Hello everyone!

I'm Emil Apostol. Born, raised, and currently residing here in the Philippines. I'm currently taking up my Bachelor's Degree in Business Economics at the University of the Philippines. I started playing kendama last June 2016 when I bought a red Ozora at a souvenir shop in Japan; I've never stopped playing since. What I am most stoked on about kendama is that feeling of grinding out a trick for the longest time and the satisfaction of finally getting it down. I also love being able to share the game with my friends and family!

Follow me on instagram! https://www.instagram.com/apostlelimo/

Follow these two as well: @timmyplayskendama @polarbenjie

Hyped to be here!

May 14, 2017
    Congarranza and goenKendama like this.
  6. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

@Emil Apostol Welcome to the boards. Good to have another rep from the Philippines hanging around.

May 14, 2017
  7. JeffreyDama

JeffreyDama n00b

Herro guys my name is Evan and im from the Arkansas. Ive just picked up my dama a few days ago and ive been trying to learn as many tricks as i can. i hope that this community can help me learn and progress until i can master my kendama.

May 16, 2017
  8. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

@AvantJah Herro Prease! There are mad resources in the beginner forum and I think you'll find the DS community super helpful and supportive.

May 16, 2017
    JeffreyDama and goenKendama like this.
  9. Raven_Tomas

Raven_Tomas n00b

Well, I've been reading up on some articles lately, so I though I might as well introduce myself.

Hello guys! I'm Raven Tomas, and I am currently reside in San Diego, California and I've been playing since my sophomore year of high school, which was like around 2014. What I'm most stoked about with kendama, is how it can be a creative outlet for people. I also enjoy seeing how just a simple toy can have a profound effect on the lives of so many people.

My Insta: @megaraven21 (I don't post that often anymore btw)

Dama homies you should consider following:
    @eslayban
    @0o0steven0o0

Nice to meet y'all, and keep jamming!

May 16, 2017
  10. Kody McCain

Kody McCain n00b

Hey! I'm Kody McCain seshing outta Cambridge Minnesota. I've been playing for about over a year now. I really play kendama for the social aspect and the feeling after you lace a trick that you've been chasing. Insta is @kodymccain

May 17, 2017
  11. ryanhasabeard

ryanhasabeard n00b

Im back! I got so frustrated with it i gave it up. I dont know why i left but im giving it a go again! Im ryan and im here to stay!

May 18, 2017
  12. goenKendama

I guess a positive way to look at being frustrated is that you care enough about something to let it bother you. Most of us have been, and often still are now and again, frustrated about various kendama pursuits. I guess you can consider DS your group session fellow attendees. If you hit a wall just let us know. If we can't help you fix it at least you'll have like minds to share your "I'm just going to hurl this thing into the sea" moments. ;) Good luck and keep on jammin'.

May 18, 2017
    ryanhasabeard and Congarranza like this.
  13. ryanhasabeard

ryanhasabeard n00b

Haha i know! I got it for christmas and was so stoked about it! After like a month or so i couldnt get anything down and just got so pissed i put it away for almost 5 months and i just picked it back up and have more confidence in it!

May 19, 2017
    Congarranza and goenKendama like this.
  14. Antonio

Antonio n00b

Hello Kendama Family!
    I'm Antonio, I currently live in Calice Ligure, a small Italian village. I've started playing kendama since December 2016.
    What I love about this japanese skill toy is that every time you pick it up you already know that you're about to learn something new.

my IG: https://www.instagram.com/anto_bnm/

May 21, 2017
    goenKendama likes this.
  15. Korrektor

Korrektor n00b

Kendamahoi Downspikers! My name's Oliver, 28 years old, living in beautiful switzerland. I started playing the Kendama at the beginning of may 2017 and cannot think about leaving it at home :) I already know landing on the cups, spiking in three ways (or still learning) and I'm getting better in airplanes from day to day. But for now I really want to land my second lighthouse and other cool tama-tricks :D

May 23, 2017
    goenKendama likes this.
  16. Manny Villareal

Manny Villareal n00b

What it do, homies!

Name's Manuel Villareal (Manny for the homies), and I play kendama! I'm from Detroit, Michigan (I live here too!!), and I've been playin' for about 4 1/2 years now. Friend of mine named Uriel Sanchez got me into it in November of 2012, and I've been hooked since. I rep DKT out of Wyandotte, MI (s/o to Bruce Morse and Ian Vos for puttin' our scene on the map <3), and a local company called Monk Kendamas!

My personal Insta is @not.ur.average.beaner (DamaGram coming soon!)

People to follow:

@tuturiel_ (for crazy nasty spacewalks and tutorials)
    @Monk_miller (for wild off-hand shit, idek how to explain his playstyle lmao)

Next Stop: MKO 2017

May 23, 2017
  17. SlammyBandanas

SlammyBandanas n00b

Hey guys, I'm Sam. Was first introduced to kendama back in high school by a skiing buddy and took it up again seriously about 2 years ago (I'm 25). Currently holding it down in my hometown of Milwaukee, WI after a stint in Tucson, AZ for school. Other interests include cooking, skiing, ultimate frisbee, the Green Bay Packers, chilling, etc.

May 24, 2017
    James Hoang and goenKendama like this.
  18. goenKendama

Welcome aboard. If you get a chance check out the Food & Drink Connoisseurs thread. There are a few posts about cooking and paraphernalia too.

May 24, 2017
    SlammyBandanas likes this.
  19. Isaac Ericksen

Isaac Ericksen n00b

Hey! I'm Isaac Ericksen. I live in St. George, UT. My first Kendama was given to me in Ibigawa, Japan back in 2010. I fell in love before I even took it out of the package. It's an awesome way to express yourself and make friends.

Insta: @isaacjericksen

@aidannholtt
    @jman_435

May 25, 2017
    goenKendama likes this.
  20. itsthejesse

itsthejesse n00b

Word. Little late to the DS introductions section, but hey!

I'm Jesse, from Canton, GA. Started playing around Christmas of 2014. (roughly 2.5yrs ago now) First dama was a Gold Sweets F2 after playing my younger brothers Rasta-Coated Kaleb Kendama he got for Christmas that year. Been jamming ever since. Lately, I've been trying to help spread the Georgia scene a bit more.

Other interests are longboarding, coffee and my babe of a wife!

Insta: @itsthejesse2 (Expect weirdness )

May 31, 2017