Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by BallardKROM, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Kayadama

Kayadama n00b

Hey all!!

My name is Jamie, Im 33 years old and have been playing kendama for almost 2 years now! I started painting Kendama shortly after taking an interest in them. I post some dama photos/videos and my painting work over at @Kayadama on insta, my customs are usually available @ http://kayadama.com

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Oct 15, 2016
  2. Michael Joseph Reeves

Michael Joseph Reeves Honed Member

I know NYC has a solid community building, you been in contact with any of them?

Oct 16, 2016
    Alex Hirota likes this.
  3. JChung

JChung n00b

No, I wasn't aware of that actually. Do they have an online discussion group/forum?

Oct 17, 2016
    Alex Hirota likes this.
  4. iamkapoi

iamkapoi n00b

Hello!
    My name is Kacper, I live in Wrocław, Poland in Europe.
    I play kendama for a little over 2 years now. I got got hooked on dama after a trip with my friend who got a souvenir from his brother's trip to Tokyo, an old-style japanese kendama. I tried it and didn't like it, but after I returned home and watched videos of KenUSA and KenCo I was stoked and bought a Ozora yellow. Been playing ever since.

IG: @iamkapii

Oct 18, 2016
    Alex Hirota and amor like this.
  5. Sigvard

Sigvard Member

Hey!

My name`s Kevin Hoffmann (@Sigvard_Slayer) :) I live in Switzerland and have only been in the game since the end of June this year. I seem to be progressing quite satisfactory, and have been landing tricks that I would have deemed impossible a couple of months ago. Its exactly this that draws me closer to Kendama, unlocking your ability to land what seemed impossible. I play everyday and it has become a sort of meditation for me after a long day at work, a time to let go. The community is what I respect most, it is very much alive and I hope I can get support over social media, due to the lack of players in my country at this moment. You're all very inspiring and many of you have motivated me greatly!

Greetings from the Alps!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Oct 19, 2016
  6. Jomboman

Jomboman n00b

Hi everyone!

I'm Jacob and I'm a kendama player from Edmonton, Canada. Got into Kendama a little over a year ago when I bought a pink ozora in Japan. I've been hooked ever since! At the moment I haven't met a whole lot of people who play over here in the North so it'd be great if I could meet new people and jam through this forum :)

Oct 22, 2016
    Alex Hirota likes this.
  7. PugRoy

PugRoy n00b

Greetings! My name is Jesse, I'm from Minneapolis Minnesota and I've been playing Kendama since 2012.
    Kendama is important to me because it has taught me that a little improvement everyday can really stack up and the seemingly impossible can be accomplished with practice, and that can be applied to almost anything in life.

My Instagram: @PugRoy

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Oct 23, 2016
    Alex Hirota and Mollidama like this.
  8. nouchema

nouchema n00b

Hi There, I'm nouchema a french newbee.
    I started kendama in april this year. I have a lot of thing to learn and I gues it's the good place for that.

bonne journée :)

Oct 26, 2016
    Alex Hirota and Cheech_Sander like this.
  9. Jokbert

Jokbert n00b

Hei! I'm Albert a.k.a. Jok from Finland. I've now played kendama for a bit over two years and I'm doing my best to build a community here in finland. I have been doing tricks with basicly anything for my whole life and now since i found this amazing toy i'm chasing for a perfect spot, perfect moment and the ultimate trick.

Oct 30, 2016
  10. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

kalsarikännit!

Oct 31, 2016
    Alex Hirota and Jokbert like this.
  11. Jokbert

Jokbert n00b

Haha :D seems like the force is strong on this one! Rännikänni is also very nice expression ;)

Nov 1, 2016
    Alex Hirota likes this.
  12. Nadira Dol

Nadira Dol n00b

Yooo! My name is Nadira. I'm from Singapore and only starting playing in early 2015!!
    Doing my best to keep the community alive here and also super blessed to be able to rep Sweets Kendamas!!
    Stoked to be part of this!
    ig ; @thisdoraisnotcool
    2 other accounts ; @sweetskendamas & @kendamasg

Nov 1, 2016
  13. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Hey hey everyone! I'm stoked to finally be on here! My name is Stephen Diaz and I'm the guy behind @SlayLunars Instagram and an accessory company called LunaTac. Colin is actually the guy that got me into Kendama back in the day! I am a professional filmmaker now, but at the time I was in film school I loved watching Colin's ski edits he was putting out. Then I checked his YouTube channel and BAM I discovered Kendama.

Of course my roommates and I bought cheapo kendamas and battled each other. This was before there were awesome YouTube tutorials out there and we basically did everything wrong. I think I played for a whole year in Sara grip haha without even knowing there was another way to hold it haha. Over the college years I always had that Kendama but it got lost somewhere in the mix of things. Fast forward to a year ago. I was at a white elephant Christmas party and a Kendama popped up. I was like OH YEAH KENDAMA and knew I had to fight for that prize. I got it and instantly I was hooked again...and I was learning new tricks way faster than I did back in college due to how much the Kendama community has grown since then.

Over the past year I've collected SO many Kendamas and just am loving it more and more every day I get to play. I'm stoked to be apart of this community and hope to continue to spread the Kendama love as LunaTac grows!

OH and almost forgot the two accounts. Recently with our SlayLunars account, I LOVE seeing @feather1___ 's videos, man he slays those Lunars for sure. Another one is @jakee_bishop - he's the ONLY local Kendama player where I live (so far) and he's pretty talented and young. He's the guy I roped into starring in the LunaTac promo video if you checked it out!

Nov 1, 2016
  14. thaidiesky

thaidiesky n00b

My name is Sky and I have been playing kendama for about 2 years now. It has become part of my daily life and I love to share kendama with others. I also enjoy playing Cones, Pills, Skillbouquet and Bilboquet. I am excited for this new kendama forum, thanks for creating it. As of now I don't film anything I play but I do take photos of kendamas and other toys on my instagram, check it out if you'd like.

instagram: @thaidiesky

Nov 1, 2016
    Alex Hirota and SouthpawTRK like this.
  15. Pherbs

Pherbs n00b

What's up Kendama World!!!!
    My name is Patrick Herbert (@pherbie117) and I've been playing Kendama for 2yrs now... I love the game and hope to learn new styles plus new tricks!
    No Kendama, No Life!

Nov 1, 2016
    Alex Hirota likes this.
  16. Cobikaze

Cobikaze Honed Member

Hey! My name is Jacob Williams, but some of you already know me as Cobikaze. I am from northeastern Pennsylvania, but now I go to college in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I started playing kendama a little over a year ago after I was introduced to it at Kitty Hawk Kites in the Outer Banks, North Carolina. The thing that I am most stoked about in kendama is the people. You will never find a more welcoming community than the dama fam. Also, I love that the creative possibilities are endless so there is always room to improve. I have always loved art as well, so it seemed so obvious to combine that passion with my new one, kendama. Now I own a business wood-burning kendamas (COBIKAZE). However, my goal is not to make a fortune. My main goals are to spread the love, and inspire kendama players everywhere.

My Instagram and Facebook are both @Cobikaze. My website is cobikaze.bigcartel.com

Nov 1, 2016
    Alex Hirota likes this.
  17. SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK Member

Aloha! My name is Steve and I've live in Nor Cal for my entire life. I'm probably the oldest player in this forum: I'm not very good, but I enjoy kendama to no end. I started playing kendama a few years ago after reading an article in a local magazine about kendama. What stokes me about kendama? One thing about kendama that is awesome is personal achievement; especially landing a difficult trick. I also get stoked on how kendama brings people together and the friendships that arise from it.

If you want to check out my IG: @kendamadojo

IG's that you should be following: @thekengarden @benherald @handsoffmysack @cashmoneyvagrant

Nov 1, 2016
    Alex Hirota and thaidiesky like this.
  18. reinkout

reinkout n00b

Hei my name is Mihaela Mihajlovic. In the game since February 2014 and a proud kendama representer in Serbia (Europe). Trying to make a community in my country and now in Hungary as well (I study there now). The #girlpower is important to me and try to show the community that as well, cuz girls rock! I love being in the community and I try to be better and better everyday. Here to find some damafriends so message me freely. Love ya in keep me inspiring. ;)

Instagram: @reinkout

https://www.instagram.com/reinkout/

Youtube: Mihajlovic Mihaela

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqX1MSuq09KVlBX85WZ06Xg

Facebook: Mihaela Mihajlovic

https://www.facebook.com/mihaela.mihajlovic.97

SNAPCHAT: kendamihaela

Peace out :p

Nov 2, 2016
    Alex Hirota and Mollidama like this.
  19. Dillonjohns79

Dillonjohns79 Member

Yoooooo. My name is Dillon Johns, I'm 21 and been jamming for about 3 years. I'm stoked to see this community grow!

follow me on insta: @Dillonjohns79

Nov 2, 2016
    Alex Hirota and Daun_yon like this.
  20. Kencogoon

Kencogoon n00b

Hello! My name is Kamil Panek I'm from small city called Świdnica, Poland. In game since June 2010 it's been a really long journey for myself. The best things about kendama are learning new tricks, seshing with friends and also making new friends from all over the world. I'm also trying to grow kendama community here in Poland. Dama on!

instagram: @Kencogoon

Nov 2, 2016