Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Iso: bigger sized setups

Discussion in 'DS Exchange' started by Dylan Spencer, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Dylan Spencer

Dylan Spencer n00b

I’m looking for anything the same size or bigger than a dwi v3. I went from a dwi v3 to a krom aurora back to the v3 and I love the playability of a big setup.

Jul 18, 2020
    xplodit likes this.
  2. xplodit

xplodit Slayer

There’s a bunch out there for you to pick from. DWI V3 is great! It’s a lot like the KUSA Shift shape. Sol’s 1UP shape is one of my favorites. Terra’s Prefect is a beast, also the Aurum. Analog’s new shape and the C-Shape are nice and big. Lotus has HUGE cups all around! Sweets Boost is big and well-balanced, especially for lunars. GT-II is bigger than the GT-I. Mugen has a new competition sized shape (Hiroshima Like) and a jumbo (not competition sized) with the same specs blown up. No Jumper has a mammoth shape. And so many more...
    Please someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m fairly certain of these comparisons.
    If you’re looking to buy a used dama, you’re in the right place. If you make a more specific request, like your price range, you might get what you’re looking for.

Jul 18, 2020
    Young Spike likes this.
  3. xplodit

xplodit Slayer

I think there is a reddit Kendama community thread out there that lists the specs of multiple brands’ shapes. A bunch of dama nerds like myself have electronic calipers and figure out the dimensions. If someone has that link, please post it.

Jul 18, 2020
  4. Dylan Spencer

Dylan Spencer n00b

I am currently looking at the sol 1ups, the sweets Christian Fraser legend mod and if I can find someone with a analog C then that as well. I think lotus is restocking this week too. I have never grabbed anything off this but I kinda want to start so I can try out a bunch of different stuff.

Jul 18, 2020
  5. xplodit

xplodit Slayer

I have a bunch of fresh setups that I’d consider selling if you’re up for paying retail, including most Sweets Mods (definitely Fraser), Lotus Sacred, KUSA shifts, Analog Quail 2 (C shape), etc. But if you want a used bargain dama, I have a 9/10 red Lotus Bloom that I’d sell you for $22 including shipping in cont. US. But if I were you, I‘d buy a fresh Sweets Radar for about the same price, just to see if you like the shape.
    832A3CDE-4185-41FD-9278-308341EEF69D.jpeg BB50979D-26E6-4842-B7C1-8A61EE0FC551.jpeg 3919CEC9-A682-4D0B-B88C-C80518872F87.jpeg BB3C24F1-14F0-43BC-BFB9-57CF49EC507C.jpeg

Jul 19, 2020
  6. Dylan Spencer

Dylan Spencer n00b

I was looking at lotus. I think they are dropping again on the 24th? How do you like your bloom?

Jul 19, 2020
  7. xplodit

xplodit Slayer

They released the Lotus Sacred on June 24th, and I don’t think there is another drop scheduled yet (I might be wrong). The Lotus shape is insane. Slingers for days and still slaps loons. It’s pretty thick, almost like a caricature of a Kendama with the huge specs, but it’s still an awesome all-around dama. Lotus is one of my favorite up-and-coming dama brands. The guy who runs it, Isaac Turner, is a super cool dude. If that chunkier shape is what you’re gravitating towards, you’ll like Sol 1-Up a lot, and potentially the Krom Slaydawg V2 (however I feel the latter is a bit too beastly regarding size).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Jul 19, 2020
  8. xplodit

xplodit Slayer

If you want to try the Bloom and are even considering a Sweets, I can sell you a radar or a legend at retail price, and I’ll throw in the Bloom for $15, shipping included. Just an option.

Jul 19, 2020
  9. Cookie_Kendama

Cookie_Kendama n00b

The Terra Missu mod is huge imo! 90g tama 84g ken

Attached Files:

Jul 25, 2020