Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

ISO: Cheap/First Go Pro for a beginner

Discussion in 'DS Exchange' started by JHard502710, Jun 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JHard502710

JHard502710 Slayer

what’s up community..?

Going through a hard time right now(relationship ending after 7yrs and having just helped her get through breast cancer) and going to be focusing on Kendama and the positive things in my life.. usually buy myself a video game system or something electronic to take my mind off of things..
    decided instead of video games I should stay focused on Kendama and improving myself and get outside instead of staying inside playing video games..

ALL that being said, I’d like to find & purchase my first GoPro at a reasonable price and start doing some POV filming.. I think watching and analyzing my tricks from a POV view will help get them more dialed in and help me see what I’m missing when I miss a trick..

If anyone is looking to update their GoPro and get rid of an old one or you have an extra laying around. Or you just want to offer advice on where to find something at a decent price..? I’m up for anything. Would like to keep it under $250 if possible.

Thanks everyone in advance for any help..

Jun 2, 2019
    beglerijapan likes this.
  2. Toastybuns

Toastybuns n00b

For POV I got a refurbished session 4 off of eBay for only 125, works perfect, I would take a look there just make sure to do some research about where it is from. Good luck!

Jun 8, 2019
    JHard502710 likes this.
  3. JHard502710

JHard502710 Slayer

Thanks! Someone on IG suggested another brand that was cheap and maybe a good starter for me..4K video supposedly lots of accessories just no headstrap

Jun 8, 2019
    96817dama likes this.
  4. 96817dama

96817dama Member

This is a topic I'm interested in lol I just started POV filming and I really didnt want to go through the hassle of finding a used gopro at a good price and also buy a head strap so I used an old hat and an old phone case and used 30lb mounting tape to tape the case to the hat lid. I can now put my phone in there and it works pretty good so if you really want to start filming asap that could be a very cheap alternative.

Jun 8, 2019
    JHard502710 likes this.
  5. 96817dama

96817dama Member

Also sorry to hear you're not doing to good

Jun 9, 2019
    JHard502710 likes this.
  6. JHard502710

JHard502710 Slayer

Thanks man. I’ve been through it before, only makes a person stronger..! And I know I’m a really good guy, with strong values, and a kind loving heart.. I shouldn’t settle for anything less than I’m worth.

All that being said.. I ended up copping a cheaper version of a GoPro off amazon earlier today for a beggining camera and I’ll go from there. With an accessories bundle it was all under $100.. which I had a gift card worth that much so free for me to try out essentially, plus I got myself a new French Press coffee maker on top without spending any of my own money :)
    I’ll let you know @96817dama how it functions Incase you’re looking to upgrade from your phone/hat combo!

@goenKendama can you close this thread? I’ll create a new one if I decide to upgrade and get rid of the one I ordered or whatever..

Jun 9, 2019
    96817dama likes this.
  7. 96817dama

96817dama Member

Yeah man, people can get you down but what's important is how you grow from it! I was also thinking of a cheaper gopro version as well, particularly the Polaroid copy of the hero session, so if yours works for you that would be cool because my hat hack isnt too cool looking :D

Jun 9, 2019
  8. Kyle Patterson

Kyle Patterson n00b

What camera did you get on amazon also looking for a cheaper alternative then a go pro

Jun 9, 2019
  9. goenKendama

goenKendama Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.