Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

JKA Kendamas

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by htimSxelA, Nov 16, 2016.

1. maxdesu

maxdesu Honed Member

I once said that TK changed their shape, but apparently it was a mix up in the production level of things. Apparently when things get busy in China some factories ask other factories to help with their production. There must have been a mix up and they started making the mutant kendamas in a different shape.

TK admits that they should have checked their products closer (QC.. but who, aside from a player, would have been able to scope that..) and that the mistake should have been caught before they were put on the shelves, but to me it seems like a bit of bad luck that made them lose their license.

As John (goen) said, this is all speculation and words coming from a number of sources. Believe what you want to believe!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    May 14, 2019
  2. goenKendama

goenKendama Moderator Staff Member

There's likely a little more to it than just "a bit of bad luck." For example in my understanding a factory that produces JKA certified kendama has to be approved before production. Outsourcing or producing in unapproved factories isn't allowed. That's something that a company selling certified kendama for 20 years would know.

It is quite possible that both sides of the equation could have handled it better but without adequate information from both parties it is probably better not to try and guess too much. The inner workings of most companies aren't generally common knowledge and while it might be entertaining to speculate it's just that, speculation. An example would be when the Mutants first hit the market. The rumor at KWC that year was that the TK maker had gotten the "license" to produce the old Mugens which wasn't even close to accurate.

May 14, 2019
    maxdesu likes this.
  3. maxdesu

maxdesu Honed Member

You are so right. It's a lot of speculation and it can put a lot of dirt on people's faces.
    thanks for the insight on that!

May 15, 2019
    goenKendama likes this.