Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Kendama Israel Kendamas

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Guy LaBorde, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Guy LaBorde

Guy LaBorde Honed Member

The new kendamas that I've been seeing around from Kendamaisr are super neat looking!

One thing that I noticed is that they look very similar to a Kaizen shape. Are they made in the same factory? Does anyone have info on this?

Aug 1, 2017
  2. Koisuru Stephen

Koisuru Stephen Honed Member

I have a tetra, but I couldn't tell you if it's the same factory.
    I reeeeeeeally like my tetra. I have the rhino ghost Tetra, and it's the most fun paint I've ever played. It stops the ken but is still adjustable, and doesn't lose its grip when I sweat on it with my disgusting sweaty boy hands. I got a bunch of new stuff at KWC, but I've been playing the tetra every day. You should get one!

Aug 2, 2017
    Guy LaBorde likes this.
  3. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

After shipping to the US, about how much are Tetras?

Aug 24, 2017
  4. Kalebpollock

Kalebpollock n00b

I want it cop a kendama Isr bad! But idk if they go through the same factory.

Aug 24, 2017
  5. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

Me too man, me too.

Aug 24, 2017
  6. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

BUMP!

Came to this thread cause Kendama ISR has piqued my interest. Their pros are awesome (Liad, Sam Cannon, etc.) plus their kendamas look really nice!

How are they? I've heard good things about the Rhino Clear, Tetrah kendama, and the Big Brother V2.

Oct 12, 2017
    Aric Bukiri likes this.
  7. michael.

michael. Member

i bought a beech rhino clear tetra and an ash rhino clear tetra today at su lab. first, their website doesn't give much detail on the shapes of the ken. for example, my ash tetra doesn't have the swoop that's pictured on their website. fine by me, didn't want it anyway. second, the ken is slightly thinner than a standard shape, which is cool! the beech is a standard shape, plus there's a really nice design in the big cup that isn't on my ash one. their website doesn't mention ANY of that stuff, so i'd shoot them a message to clarify things before ordering to be safe.

image2.JPG image3.JPG

that being said, rhino clear is super boss paint. doesn't flake off (yet) like rubber, and is grippier too. allows for adjustments more than sticky af or lol clear in my opinion. i love it especially on the beech (stickier than the ash one). i'm super into these two and they'll be main jammers for the time being! also the ash one sounds amazing!

long story short, if you can speak to someone to sort out the lack of info on the kens, or don't care about tinydifferences in ken shape and/or design, then i'd say it's definitely worth it, especially those who are looking for a new kinda paint feel. party on~

Oct 13, 2017
    Allen Ku and Emil Apostol like this.
  8. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

Main difference between the Shekel and Rhino clear? From what I understand, Rhino is kinda like their cushion clear, while Shekel is like a sticky Prime clear.

Jan 5, 2018
    Jasper B. and KeeganS like this.
  9. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Good to know. I got an ash Tetrah with the Rhino clear from Sweets coming in today when I get off work and can’t wait to try it out.

Jan 5, 2018
    Emil Apostol and Jasper B. like this.
  10. LifeDeLicious

LifeDeLicious Member

I have been looking at their damas too. Does anyone have experience with their super sticky paint? Does it stay sticky for long time? How durable is it?

Jan 5, 2018
    Jasper B. likes this.
  11. Lynse_sng

Lynse_sng n00b

i have their shekel clear and i got to say it’s a lol more durable than lol clear? i’m not too sure but my lol clear chips off but the shekel doesn’t rlly chip. if it chips it’s more of like a prime kinda chipping. i guess it’s the same kind of paint than all those gloss tacks u see ard

Jan 5, 2018
    Emil Apostol likes this.
  12. Lynse_sng

Lynse_sng n00b

yes u are kinda right but rhino clear isn’t rlly like a cushion. it feels a lil sand paper ish but it grips loons and still able to adjust lighthouses. i can assure u it’s a paint u have nvr tried before. it’s just that unique man

Jan 5, 2018
    Emil Apostol likes this.
  13. Morgan Boucher

Morgan Boucher Honed Member

They actually have 5 dollar shipping no matter where you live with a 5 to 14 day arrival. Seems kinda of crazy

Jan 11, 2018
  14. xplodit

xplodit Slayer

My Big Bro Tetrah V2 is one of my favorite kendamas. The paint is awesome. It feels kinda like beeswax and it’s the most durable paint I’ve ever used. It was significantly lighter than other oversized damas - Tama 65.3g, Sword 36.8g, Sarado 33.1g (Ken 70g)
    The cups are not quite as big as a Slaydawg cup, but the kendama is about the same height.

Jan 11, 2018
  15. Morgan Boucher

Morgan Boucher Honed Member

How big is the jumbo xl. I've never seen the specks on it before

Jan 12, 2018
  16. SporkmasterDave

SporkmasterDave Member

Dose anyone know how the natty's they stock play?
    Thinking about picking one up while they're 11 euros :)

Feb 7, 2018
  17. Dantama

Dantama Honed Member

What is the difference between "Rhino"- and "Hippo"- Clear?
    seems like "Rhino" is like a "cushion-clear" stylish coat and "Hippo" is a rubber one (?)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Nov 27, 2018
  18. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

@Dantama We had a related thread so to keep all the info in the same place your question has been merged here.

Nov 27, 2018
    Dantama likes this.
  19. Giulian Tena

Giulian Tena Honed Member

Can anybody who owns a Big Brother Phase 2 pls let me know if the size is as big as a Sol 1UP or Slaydawg 2? is it really BIG or is it basically a standard new-gen dama shape with like bigger cups and bevel. I don’t wanna get something like a jumbo but I don’t wanna get a traditional sized one which is noticeably smaller.

Jan 19, 2021
  20. jimgrude

jimgrude Member

I'm at work so I can't compare, but the cups are definitely not as big as a slaydawg 2. The difference between the small and big cup should also be bigger. It's not a jumbo in any way. Maybe similar to a Terra. This is just what I would assume from memory.

Jan 19, 2021