Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Kendama Modifications/Customizations

Discussion in 'The Lumber Yard' started by AN_TY, Jul 6, 2018.

1. AN_TY

AN_TY Honed Member

So I’ve always been a tinkerer and love modifying and customizing things to better suit my needs. So it’s only natural to do it on my Kendama’s.

I have so many damas lying around that I decided to take a cheaper Super Kendama with a green matte tama and fiddle with it. It was a dama I had gotten for my girlfriend and she wasn’t using it, so I took a drill to the bottom cup and went to town.

I wanted to create the same effect of a lunar balance hole and created a Swiss Cheese design to lessen the weight imbalance. I took various bit sizes and tried my best to stay “organized” in drilling. Used a couple different sand paper grits and sanded the bottom cup smooth.
    The cups sat kind of high so to move the center of gravity down a bit further I sanded the ken a bit.

Since it was a green tama I decided to make it a Ninja Turtle theme and throw a orange string on it like Michelangelo haha. I don’t have a wood burner yet but took my soldering iron and burned some “turtle shell” pattern on the big cup and piece of pizza on the small cup.

The dama is a blast to play now! Lunars are a breeze and I’m able to land things I used to only land on larger cup damas. And on top of all that it looks so cool and is a conversation piece for sure.

Let me know what you think of my sloppy mod job lol. Just a concept, but I’d love to remake this on a better ken and take my time a little more. Need to get a wood burner ASAP!

Also! Upload any mods you have done to your damas! Id love to see them!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Jul 6, 2018