Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Kendama USA's plans for 2021?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Emil Apostol, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

I love KUSA to death, so I am waiting for some new-new out of Georgia for 2021. Any news on a supposed comeback KUSA has planned in 2021?

Mar 29, 2021
    5kwid likes this.
  2. xplodit

xplodit Slayer

New mod will be released this year. I saw an experimental prototype at a meet up in Jan. KUSA is in a transitional phase with a lot on the horizon. Keep your eyes peeled!

Mar 29, 2021
    5kwid and Emil Apostol like this.
  3. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

Looking forward to it! :)

Mar 29, 2021
  4. JHard502710

JHard502710 Slayer

I wonder if their “plan” included losing some of the biggest names and upcoming players from their team..!? It’s crazy how many people have left just the last year

Apr 3, 2021
    Emil Apostol likes this.
  5. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

They've honestly also done a bad job at promoting Jay, the newest tribe member (and the rest of the Tribe team, tbh). Some of KUSA's brightest stars were on that team, and it's now unfortunately a shadow of its former self.

Apr 4, 2021
  6. Ochee3

Ochee3 Member

Jay shreeeeds

Apr 4, 2021
  7. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

Jay's a beast for sure! If only KUSA would promote him more. Haven't seen a Jay trick on the KUSA feed in ages.

Apr 4, 2021
  8. Ninshū

Ninshū Member

I started Kendama in '18 and KUSA was the shit that time around and i guess also a long while before that. I prefered their damas over anything until some weeks ago.
    So much hype was created around KUSA on their insta. but that has changed alot, sadly..
    I've the feeling that every brand progresses while KUSA is slowly dying.
    What do you guys think?

Apr 6, 2021
    Emil Apostol likes this.
  9. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

KUSA is definitely not what it used to be. KUSA's hype was mostly because of their players, and they have lost a lot of good players, social media managers, and player-editors over the last few years. No players? No KUSA.

That being said, I have full faith in KUSA to make a comeback. They've always been the "slow-burn" type of company, so give them time.

P.S. They need to promote their current players more lol. I haven't seen a clip from Jay, Emmy, Logan, Gavin, or any of the other Tribe members in ages.

Apr 6, 2021
    JHard502710 likes this.
  10. Ninshū

Ninshū Member

Agree on that! Loved to see (e.g.) Wyatt, Logan, Emmy, Scags and Josh slay. That made KUSA what KUSA is for me, too.

I can't imagine why so many players leave the KUSA team in this short period of time.

Apr 6, 2021
    Emil Apostol likes this.
  11. JHard502710

JHard502710 Slayer

Jimmy’s clips from being in the Army have been the most posted Tribe clips it seems to me..
    but agreed on all accounts. KUSA needs better promotion or social media management it seems. This is what helps promote their players and gets people interested in their brand. Having Josh Kim around I thought would have helped with editing Team Edits like they used to have, but maybe being a new college student has been all he can really handle at the time?? Just speculating..

Apr 6, 2021
    Emil Apostol likes this.
  12. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

I'm just sad I won't be able to see the 4th iteration of Musous on a Plane. Those edits, and all of KUSA'S 2013-2018 edits by extension, were what got me stoked on kendama in the first place.

Apr 6, 2021
  13. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

KUSA's releasing a kendama that's Georgia peach themed for the Georgia Kendama Community. Not exactly what I was looking for lol but ok.

Apr 8, 2021
    Ochee3 and JHard502710 like this.