Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Kendamalife.com

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by lategreat808, Jan 2, 2017.

1. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

Anyone have the scoop on this site? Never used it before but I'm probably going to order a few things. Anyone try their hollowed out V Line kens? What is your take on Tamas with the rubber band Groove in them? Do those rubbers bands help with certain tricks and how do they hold up to kendama abuse?

Jan 2, 2017
    grilledcrab likes this.
  2. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

Not completely sure, but I think that was the old website Folkens were sold on. I think Yumus may still be sold on there. Regardless, I've never ordered from them, but the tamas with the rubber bands are cool. Nice jammers. I had a navy Folken before but I traded it away because I wasn't jamming it as much. It kinda helps for borders because you can balance on the side of the rubber band. There's also tricks where you can take the band off and do stalls with the groove. Don't quite remember how well the paint holds up though

Jan 2, 2017
  3. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

The copy on there is hilarious.

Jan 2, 2017
    grilledcrab likes this.
  4. grilledcrab

grilledcrab Member

Hey lategreat808!

I've scooped from this site a couple of times and they are based in Taiwan- I am from Singapore so the parcel arrived within a week.

I would say they are the main online suppliers for the Yumu Brand- so most of the products you see there are pretty much made in the same factory(Fucheng Kendama Factory), they used to supply kens for large companies such as Kenco and Sweets so you can say they are quite reliable in terms of quality- in fact most of their kens come with a quality control sticker.

I've also bought a hollow v-line for collecting purposes, it's quite pricey but It delivers, here is a pic to show the difference.
    2014012001.jpg

As for their rubberband saturn series, the rubberband traction (As Nick Lectura mentioned) creates a cool number of tricks as demonstrated here by some really talented players:

Oh and it's not really shown but their kendamas come with beautiful packaging as well.

Lastly, If you are considering getting a kendama from the site, I highly recommend the racing pro yumu kendama with white scope, the paint durability is superb and the tackiness is amazing! I'd say its my personal favorite paint, the only(tiny) downside is that the bevel is smaller than usual but otherwise it's an amazing kendama and free shipping above $50!

Do update here with your spoils if you ever decide to chop some products from the site, hehe

Jan 2, 2017
    Aloysius_hung_ likes this.