Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

KUSA craft SHIFT

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Cheech_Sander, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Broc Stauffer

Broc Stauffer Honed Member

Will the release a maple or rerelease the birch?

Jun 8, 2018
  2. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

I think they will release another craft shape, the slim, in hickory and birch, then go back to the shift and possibly release new woods. It is possible that there will never be maple craft shifts, but eventually these will be mass produced overseas with different options like the kaizen 2.0 did.

Jun 9, 2018
  3. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Definitely copped. Was in the middle of work so booked it to my office to do so lol.
    Definitely interested in this so called ‘Slim 2.0’ drop coming soon too. Never had or really played a Craft Slim before so for sure want to jump on that as well.

Jun 9, 2018
    Jasper B. likes this.
  4. JayOldfashionDama

JayOldfashionDama Member

I'm surprised hickory is still up and not sold out. I really like Kusa's shapes. I really hope i'll like the shift hickory and that the cups aren't too big for me. Kudos to those who copped.

Jun 10, 2018
    Jedi_man likes this.
  5. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Me too, I literally zoomed straight to my office to cop thinking they might go fast.
    The birch only lasted 2 or 3 days on the site, I'm thinking a lot of the people who want it copped the birch and didn't have the funds for another +$70 dama and/or they're waiting for payday this upcoming Friday.

Jun 10, 2018
  6. Jedi_man

Jedi_man Slayer

Just got mine! The birch wood is actually amazing and out of the box, it is more grippy than some rubber paints and locks in stalls like a knife. I was able to get three downbirds and a bunch of stilts with it. Biggest cups for sure, it can slap lunars good.
    I appreciate the slight boost in size but at the same time I wish it was normal sized so I could flawlessly use normal tamas with it. However, the size boost is so subtle that you can swap the tamas and not really notice at all. The size is about in the middle of a sol shape and a JKA so it won't look and feel as weird as putting a sol shape tama on a JKA.
    It also comes with a fantastic sticker which is made out of an actual thin layer of wood (looks like oak or hickory)!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Jun 11, 2018
    Donuts and Nick Lectura like this.
  7. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

How do your guys' hickories weigh? Was eyeing the hickory shift cause I need a hefty ken for my 90g tama :confused:

Jun 11, 2018
    Jasper B. likes this.
  8. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

Ash shifts next, oh man if I copped a birch you already know what would be goin on

EDIT: when the hickory is so grainy it looks like ash lol

EDIT 2: nvm I was right, ash shifts up next, ignore the edits and refer to original post :cool:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Jun 13, 2018
    Jedi_man and KeeganS like this.
  9. JayOldfashionDama

JayOldfashionDama Member

Is it just me? Or is the whole totally off centered?

Attached Files:

Jun 14, 2018
  10. Jedi_man

Jedi_man Slayer

It's meant to be like that, it's supposed to help with pull up tricks like lunars, airplanes, x-turn y tricks, ect. Not sure who started it but as far as I know sweets may have started it with their Homegrowns. Edit: Now I know

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Jun 14, 2018
  11. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

They're featured on Ozoras as well (not as off centered as Homegrowns) and JKA TK-16s (very slightly off centered in comparison).

Jun 14, 2018
    htimSxelA and Jedi_man like this.
  12. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

It's a "thing" as mentioned above. I believe the JKA patented a variation when they created the F16-2 model. Also you can find more discussion here: Sarado String Hole Preference

Jun 14, 2018
    htimSxelA and AN_TY like this.
  13. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Just ordered an ash Shift. Hoping my hickory comes in today like DHL says it will haha, been a while since I was this stoked for a dama.

Edit: DHL lied! Hopefully it’ll come in tomorrow (Saturday)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Jun 15, 2018
  14. AN_TY

AN_TY Honed Member

Really contemplating getting the Ash Shift. But I really want the Krom Purp Kamo that comes out on Monday. Anyone jam their Ash yet?

Jun 15, 2018
  15. JayOldfashionDama

JayOldfashionDama Member

Ah! Thank you for clearing it up.

Jun 15, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.
  16. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

I already own a birch and hickory, and now an ash is coming in the mail! You already know this dama slays. Stock up on these before they stop being made!

Jun 16, 2018
  17. Jedi_man

Jedi_man Slayer

R I C H B O I ;)
    I honestly think the shift may be my favorite shape now, same with birch. I just love playing it and if you don't have one you must try one!

Jun 16, 2018
    AN_TY, Nick Lectura and Emil Apostol like this.
  18. ShovelLovell

ShovelLovell Honed Member

Yeah, so far I’ve bought 2 birch, a Hickory, and an Ash. Loving the shape.

Jun 17, 2018
  19. Broc Stauffer

Broc Stauffer Honed Member

Tell me you favorite wood when you receive all 3. I would love to try an ash tama, but I’m not sure on these ones compared to a gt. I’m leaning towards a birch.

Jun 17, 2018
    AN_TY, ShovelLovell and Cheech_Sander like this.
  20. ShovelLovell

ShovelLovell Honed Member

Will do. I’ll let you know ahead of time, birch and hickory are my two all time favorite woods. So I may be biased.

Jun 17, 2018