Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Non-Dama Drama' started by htimSxelA, May 3, 2017.

1. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

Any of you dama nerds get down with League? I know there are at least a few out there, I've spent some time playing with a bunch of the old WKT guys, and an old dama homie Nick Edmonds as well.

I've always played a lot of games, and my buddy Ben introduced me to League a few years ago. We had been playing SC2 together, and he gradually fell more into LOL, probably cause its less stressful haha.

I still love SC2 (and I'm probably better at it than I am at LOL), but I spend most of my gaming-time on LOL these days. I'm not great at it, but damn its fun!

So who's into it? What position do you play? Who do you main? Who do you hate (besides Teemo)?

I main Cait adc, but also love some Corki, Heimer (mid or top, maybe sup in some very strange cases? haha), Ziggs, Amumu. My weakest position is probably top lane, outside of doing Heimer things.

May 3, 2017
    Spælling likes this.
  2. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

i do, but Philippines got at different distributor so we have our own server. 50/50 of us can be toxic & the rest are good playing.

May 3, 2017
    Gasiek likes this.
  3. htimSxelA

The chat is decent on NA, sometimes some toxic people but thats just how it goes I suppose

May 4, 2017
  4. bonerkid

bonerkid Honed Member

I kinda got tired of people wishing my family would die of bone cancer or something horrible like that. EU is brutal. But yeah I used to play! A lot of AP Yi when that was a thing and quirky stuff like Nidalee as support. Most of the time I just played AD Ashe or support Sonya (I think thats her name, the lady with the harp). It was quite a bit of fun, cause I would always play with my one friend who was got at it and we would lane together. He quit, so I did as well. Never really understood the game too well, but I did have some good times with it!

May 4, 2017
    Cheech_Sander likes this.
  5. htimSxelA

Yea, playing with friends is what got me hooked. I had two friends that I would play with, and we would just pick champs for ultimate objective control. The three of us would pick Heimer / Nunu / ...uh crap I forget the third! But we would just coordinate to take down every dragon and baron immediately, it was really powerful in lower elo. We would always have like 4-5 dragons and a baron or two ~30 mins into the game, it was great

May 4, 2017
  6. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

@htimSxelA btw what rank are you in. was demoted last time to bronze 1 (so sad). just started rank few months back & i barely play these days...

May 4, 2017
  7. A_Bachman

A_Bachman Honed Member

I used to play fairly often, then didn't really have the time to commit to full games so I played strictly ARAM for like a year... And now I haven't opened it since last summer since I've been so busy with work and school. I'd be down to hop back on if anybody wants to play this summer, done with finals in like a week and a half.

May 4, 2017
  8. Brandon McCormick

Brandon McCormick Member

I got really into league the start of season 2 played all the way up until last year. Made it to plat 4 in solo que rankings. Still have my account but haven't played in a while it was too much trying to stay at a competitive level with new patches every two weeks.

May 5, 2017
  9. htimSxelA

Yea I'm usually hanging out in lower silver ranks... I have a bad habit of playing late night, and just always jumping in ranked matches, even if I'm far from being on my A-game. I still have fun with it though. Not many games have the just total-destruction feel of when you get snowballed a bit in League with a good carry. Its nice when you just feel unstoppable haha!

May 5, 2017
    Edric Owen Ladera and Churlthomp like this.
  10. Angelo San Juan

Angelo San Juan Honed Member

Dude! I play mad Starcraft 2 hit me up lol RANDOM ALL DAY! [email protected] ! Stuck in gold lol need a sweet 2v2 partner. 1v1 are too intense for me lol
    As for league I play quite often too
    I enjoy Jg, Bot, and Supp.
    Quinn Main for Jg or Bot
    I mess around with Blitz a lot for supp
    And I love me some Wukong, Jhin, and Zilean lol
    As for hatred for champs: Darius for obvious beefiness, a good Nasus, or anyone that knows how to hook city with any champ that has a hook lol
    I jump from LoL, Sc2, Counter-Strike Global Offensive

May 9, 2017
    Cheech_Sander likes this.
  11. htimSxelA

Yeee Blitz is so fun, I love building him major tank right off the get go with an adc that can engage well early. Hooks all day!

And yea, playing against a good nasus is hell. Ugh

May 9, 2017
  12. Angelo San Juan

Lol Im quite the opposite! Ap Blitz supp is underrated haaha. You'll eat up any adc with one hook and ult! Especially with a 45%cooldown rate = monstrous engage. But I do start to fatten up hp wise if the game gets pretty long.

May 9, 2017
  13. htimSxelA

Whats your build for ap blitz? I've done iceborn blitz before and it can be super fun

May 9, 2017
  14. Angelo San Juan

Lol its wonky right now. But I usually go relic shield into rod of ages, to either frozen heart/abyssal sept/frozen gauntlet. Surprisngly works pretty well if you're aggro and hook more often than not! And all ap runes basically lol. Mid runes for supp lol

May 9, 2017
  15. htimSxelA

Hmm that actually sounds like a fun build, I hadn't really consider rod of ages on blitz before. I usually try to pick up Sheen quick in ap build on him, to get the spellblade passive and start dealing more damage with blitz's knockup (+some cdr). I could see something like relic -> roa -> sheen ->abyssal or frozen heart (then finish the sheen into a gauntlet later) being a pretty mean build.

May 10, 2017
  16. RyanArthurWalker

RyanArthurWalker Slayer

I watch league esports but I just can't get into mobas. If anyone is a PC gamer hit me up and lets game!

May 19, 2017
  17. ftsoyo

ftsoyo n00b

Yuuuup been playin for 4 years! Add me: bleu cheese

May 19, 2017
  18. Sidoshi

Sidoshi n00b

teemo all day

May 21, 2017
    Gasiek likes this.
  19. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

All runes will be free in a couple next updates!!! yes i won't be stuck in the bronze anymore due to lack of runes hahahaha

May 30, 2017
  20. Allen Joshua Santamaria

Allen Joshua Santamaria Member

I usually play top as Darius, I even have the Dunk Master skin

Jun 14, 2017
    Edric Owen Ladera likes this.