Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

LGBTQ Slayers!

Discussion in 'Non-Dama Drama' started by Chelsea May Perez, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Chelsea May Perez

Chelsea May Perez Slayer

I've always noticed that the Kendama Community is quite a Safe Space. Everyone is pretty much so accepting, friendly, and welcoming. Any LGBTQ slayers OUT there? (See what I did there?) We love our heterosexual Allies too! Thank you for the love and support, friends!

Shout out to my girls at @LEZDama!

Nov 4, 2016
  2. nikki_deo

nikki_deo Slayer

#LEZDamaAllies <3 yeee

Nov 4, 2016
    Chelsea May Perez likes this.
  3. Cobikaze

Cobikaze Honed Member

DAMA LOVE FOR EVERYONE!

Nov 4, 2016
  4. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

dama loves everyone and DS loves everyone.

In 2015, Freeskier and Olympic silver medalist Gus Kentworthy came out.
    ESPN put him on the cover of their magazine and praised his "bravery" as he was now (allegedly) the first openly gay action sports athlete. The news was met by the skI community with a resounding, "meh."

"It's 2016. Who cares?" was the most common reaction among those who didn't know Gus personally. Those of us who did know him already knew this. Some had met his boyfriend, etc. And that reaction is perfect.

A person out to be judged by the quality of their character, not their preference of private parts. To that end, while sexuality is a part of what makes you YOU, it is not, in itself, an identity, or something to be particularly proud of. (just like my marked preference for blonde girls doesnt define me) And that's the flip side of the bright future the LGBT has in terms of equality... in 2016 and beyond, you can be so much more than just "gay".

I hope that someday my LGBT friends can stop worrying about defending themselves and start flourishing. <3

Nov 5, 2016
  5. Q Miller-Edwards

Q Miller-Edwards Honed Member

Straight myself but grew up with two amazing moms!

Apr 25, 2017
  6. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

I love all of y'all, no matter the sexual preference, skin color or religion, etc.
    I love all of y'all because we're all the same!

So if you happen to see me sometime, let it be known that i'm the same pendejo like in the forums, easily approachable and able to start a conversation with, and let it be known that i offer free hugs!

Spread the love around!

Apr 25, 2017
  7. amagad

amagad Slayer

"Pendejo" huh? Hahah

Apr 25, 2017
  8. amagad

amagad Slayer

Apr 25, 2017
  9. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

Does anyone have insight on what COBIKAZE is doing these days? He's been almost 15 weeks inactive. I don't like it, but I think he stopped playing the DAMA.

Apr 26, 2017
  10. Mars the Murp

Mars the Murp n00b

I'm late to this thread...whoops! I think it's super cool how there's a niche in this community like @LEZDama. Very awesome to see out LGBTQ women jamming dama!

May 11, 2017
    Jenny Cho and Chelsea May Perez like this.
  11. Chelsea May Perez

Chelsea May Perez Slayer

Heck yeah! LEZDama is my crew! "Let's Dama!"

May 11, 2017
    Jenny Cho and Cheech_Sander like this.
  12. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

What was that like? did you know your dad?
    you dont have to answer if its too personal.

May 12, 2017
    Q Miller-Edwards likes this.
  13. Q Miller-Edwards

Q Miller-Edwards Honed Member

No prob cheech! Thanks for the stickers by the way

So I was conceived through invitro with a sperm donor. When you go through the the diner process, all you are given is an extremely elaborate description/history of the donor, but 99% of the donors have it checked on their application "no contact" meaning you can't know their name, phone number, see a picture of them.

You basically get statsistics, height weight hair color, interests profession, grades in school, degrees

So my moms decided to have me, and it's all I've ever know. It was tough in middle school on days such as Father's Day, and Mother's Day. Many weren't accepting of the idea back then, and I found myself defending my parents and how I was raised. But nothing ever ever made me think "I wish I had a dad"

To this very day, I have no desire to meet my father (and there's no possible way to anyways) Having two moms is amazing, I have a roof over my head, shoes in my feet, food in the table. Being born in an abnormal household tought me to be highly accepting of all people, and genders, and ideas. If anything it was truly one of the reasons I turned out how I am today and I love it

Sorry this is kind of lengthy! Last thought, having love is the same no matter what way you receive the love, it was amazing having two moms

Feel free to ask anymore questions I'm an open book :)

May 12, 2017