Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Lunar/Lighthouse to Inward Lunar tips?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Emil Apostol, May 11, 2018.

1. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

Hi guys! You have any tips on landing an inward lunar from a lunar/lighthouse/etc.?

I can do pull up inward lunar and inward lunar out to LH/Lunar, but landing inward lunar from another position has always eluded me. Any tips?

May 11, 2018
  2. jooshbag1108

jooshbag1108 Member

I've recently been doing a lot of lighthouse, inward flip to inward lunar (small cup). My tips are pretty basic but when I do it, I try to really focus on tilting the tama slightly away from me (kinda like how you tilt it slightly towards you for loon), and as always, really bend those knees and cushion that catch. It helps me to try to follow the flip and keep my tama pretty close to the ken while it's spinning. Also, I think it's easier to learn by giving it a good lofty, slow flip so it's not slapping your tama too hard and bouncing off.
    Super basic, but I hope I helped. Good luck.

May 14, 2018
    Emil Apostol likes this.
  3. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

I'll work on it! Thanks!

May 17, 2018
  4. Apoplectic1

Apoplectic1 n00b

It's also easier if you catch the regular loon on the small cup / pull the lighthouse up so the big cup is facing away from you.

Seems obvious, but that took me days to realize when I first tried doing that lol.

Jun 14, 2018