Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Mko attendees: Craft?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Almostgets, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Almostgets

Almostgets Slayer

whats the word on these new damas. Seems like kusa has slims and regular. How do they play, what's the type of wood, size, differences? Anything

Nov 1, 2016
  2. Cobikaze

Cobikaze Honed Member

Copped a maple slim. I would consider it most similar to an HG. The boarder balance is absolutely ridiculous. They have two burn lines on the big cup rim and the base cup rim for tracking. I haven't actually jammed it yet because I might keep it fresh and wood-burn it up to put on the site. cobikaze.bigcartel.com Overall the shape is fantastic and it has a super high quality feel to it. Super excited about these, as I really like to support KUSA. Now they finally have damas up to par with some of the other big companies (Sweets, RWB, GT).

Nov 1, 2016
    rTTn likes this.
  3. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

Cups are also deeper. They're pretty gorgeous.

Nov 1, 2016
    EWiens likes this.
  4. Kristian Aynedter

Kristian Aynedter Member

copped a fresh maple slim. instantly fell in love. american made. great balance for lunars and lighthouse, and still has a great sling as well. plus, they are a great looking kendama. highly recommended!

Nov 1, 2016
    TamLeS, SouthpawTRK and Cobikaze like this.
  5. Yourdy

Yourdy Honed Member

The Kaizen Craft line has been long in the works for Kendama USA, and I'm stoked that they will soon been available via interwebz. Every player on our team (Pro, Tribute, Tribe, Warehouse Homies) contributed in making these a reality by providing helpful feedback with our beta testing and initially pointing out what needed to be improved based off our previous models.
    So rather than presenting you with only one kendama shape, this time around there are two separate shapes, the Kaizen 2.0 and the Slim. Available (at least in this first batch) in either ash or maple, both play tremendous right out of the package as all dimensions were thoroughly decided upon and tested extensively. The reason behind having two distinctive shapes is so that you have more ability to customize your kendama with your style of play as well as to evolve the future of kendama.
    Really happy how these turned out, please keep us posted what you guys think of them :)

Nov 1, 2016
  6. teejkolesnik

teejkolesnik Slayer

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Kaizen Slim - ASH IMG_4457 2.JPG

Nov 2, 2016
  7. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

Didn't attend MKO, but I played an Ash Slim yesterday and it is NICE. It has good lunars and slingers. I hit an inward lunar cushion within the first 10 seconds of going for it, as well as doing dub and trip slings consistently. RWB did a good job with these. The ash tama also had that nice natty tack to it. 2.0 is on the left and Slim is on the right.
    craft.PNG

Nov 2, 2016
    SouthpawTRK likes this.
  8. Dillonjohns79

Dillonjohns79 Member

how much do you think they'll sell for?

Nov 3, 2016
  9. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Can't wait until I'm posting one of these in the "Purchases you just made" thread :D

Nov 3, 2016
    Sbermea22 and EWiens like this.
  10. sethtosta

sethtosta Member

My son and his best buddy Gavin can't stop talking about them. I can't speak to all the details in how they play, my son said they just "SLAY!!'l

Nov 3, 2016
  11. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

I think I saw someone say that they were priced at $60 at MKO. Not sure if that will change when they are available for everyone.

Man, all these big companies string us along so much with their new products!! Krom did it with the Slaydawg, Sweets is doing it with their new pro mods, and kusa with the Kaizen Craft!! Just a small drip feed to keep everyone hyped I think!!

Nov 3, 2016
  12. Trevorm891

Trevorm891 n00b

Here's some information. Kaizen Crafts are fire. They (in my opinion) are by far better than a homegrown and are an all around dama. Both wood types and kinds are 60$ each US. There are 2 Choices. Slim and 2.0. You can choose between 2 wood types including ash and maple. I've been jamming my maple 2.0 and it is definantly a good dama to cop. It's breaking in so nicely. 100% American Made and much work is put into the craft. Hope this helps! ;)

Nov 3, 2016
    htimSxelA likes this.
  13. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

For those of you who have played both, what are your impressions on the benefits of the two different shapes?

Or as another way to ask the question: I haven't played enough different kendamas to know what overall shape I'd like most, and it seems like essentially 2.0 is chunkier and slim is....slim, so why would I want one over the other?

Nov 4, 2016
  14. RyanArthurWalker

RyanArthurWalker Slayer

60$

I didn't buy one but I really enjoyed how the Kaizen 2.0 played. I like a solid ken so I was immediately drawn to the K2.0. I love the design and the over all feel of the Ash. Big ups to Kusa.

Nov 4, 2016
  15. Cobikaze

Cobikaze Honed Member

Slim for me means better lunar balance and faster ken flips. Based on preference I just really like the feel of a slim better. Its more like an HG. The 2.0 is more like a classic ken shape.

Nov 4, 2016
  16. Joel Clayton

Joel Clayton Honed Member

I got my slim maple yesterday and I have to say these things are amazing!!!

the tricks it is especially good for rn is whirlwinds, slingers, jumping sticks and spacewalk swaps. as well as juggles.

I am getting a maple 2.0 soon in the mail and I'm way pumped.

The craft is a kendama everyone should have, it will boosts your skill level to the moon and back.

Nov 26, 2016