Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Official Collection Thread

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by NicholasPereira, Dec 18, 2016.

1. NicholasPereira

NicholasPereira Honed Member

Do you collect Mugen? Collect GT? Collect RWB? Let me see. Awesome display? Show it off.
    I just wanted to start this thread for everyone to share their favorite collection pics.

Dec 18, 2016
    Dæmon and nikki_deo like this.
  2. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

I gotta mean Pokémon collection.

Dec 18, 2016
  3. 7Cabbages

7Cabbages Slayer

Prove it :p

Dec 18, 2016
  4. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

I don't really. Except perhaps on my old gameboy. I do however have a pretty good Magic collection but that is in Arizona. That magic collection is the accumulation of 4 players putting cards together for years. We had one of the first cubes in the nation and it's still a really good one.

Dec 18, 2016
    7Cabbages likes this.
  5. 7Cabbages

7Cabbages Slayer

Oh man. Still good stuff with the magic collection

Dec 18, 2016
  6. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

@7Cabbages... my magic collection is on ultra point. Power 9 and all. I have been playing for 19 years. I use to play standard but it was just too expensive to keep up.

Dec 18, 2016
  7. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

Oh boy... I should catalogue my collection. Its running pretty deep these days!

Dec 18, 2016
    Seabass, Jewbacca, KeeganS and 2 others like this.
  8. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

I guess its time to take an updated collection pic then

Dec 18, 2016
  9. htimSxelA

Here's a random pic of some of my collection. Some of these are @RodDama's, but the majority are from my collection.

My collection is legit probably like 300 kendamas though, so when I say 'some of my collection', I more mean the stuff that I leave on the shop wall for kids to beat on. The coolest stuff is kept in a more secure location lol
    IMG_7757.JPG

Dec 18, 2016
  10. damon

damon Slayer

Pokémon and dama collection pics going up as soon as I get home

Dec 19, 2016
  11. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

What do you charge for people to peek at the coolest stuff? ;)

Dec 19, 2016
  12. htimSxelA

Actually, the wall in the photo above is now full of my more personal collection. Most of the damas in that photo are in our new 'Dama on the Drive' retail shop wall (which holds even more, 110 instead of 98 damas). So all you have to do is stop by the Terra workshop! Although I do have some nice damas at home too :D

Dec 19, 2016
    NicholasPereira and Ben Lowe like this.
  13. Vlats

Vlats Honed Member

What do you actually collect. All diferent models or just every kendama youve played. ?

Dec 20, 2016
  14. nikki_deo

nikki_deo Slayer

This is about 90% of my collection. I've got a few either on my desk at work or in random purses/bags somewhere... lol I try to get a little bit of everything from most companies. the ones out of the box on my coffee table are damas i rotate jamming at the moment. (i love 'em sweets and rwb :3 )

20161220_100125.jpg 20161220_100215.jpg 20161220_100309.jpg

Dec 20, 2016
  15. htimSxelA

When I started playing kendama, there were only a handful of companies producing their own kens (ozora, tk16, mugen, shin fuji, sunrise, KCN, and kendama china), so I set out to get one of each. As new companies put out their own damas (sweets, KenUSA, even Kenco [but that's a whole other story lol]) I started to collect those as well.

Eventually it got to a point at which a WHOLE LOT of little companies popped up. They all sold the same thing with a different logo on it though, and I'd been around long enough to recognize it by then, so I started to break the '1 of everything' rule. Even today, there are a lot of 'new companies' that just order the same crap from China, so I don't have much interest in those.

These days I stay on the hunt for 'true collector's items". For example:

- 1 of every JKA sealed kendama, in red (I just need an Ozora, Shin Fuji, and Mugen to finish the set)
    - 1 of each 'KendAlex Production (massive alu, plastic, mini alu, and I even have a 1-of-2 pure mahogany Boss prototype with Dutchkendama's face on it!)
    - OG ozoras and KCN Battles (I have a stash of these! hehe)
    - Some rare Mugens (whites, golds, wines, earth blue even I guess)
    - Different keyaki kendamas (ozora, shin fuji, musou, Sanga, don't have a Jac though. I have a bonsai... but I think its actually a Chinese elm species, not true keyaki)
    - 1 of each of my pro mods (not that they're 'hard to come by' at the time, but I have one of each put away)
    - Handturned or finely-crafted pieces from cool people (Grip kendamas, Croix, Trojka, Cascade, still need a Zoot, and a Stacked dama, and probably some others)
    - KUSA prototypes (wenge protos, zebrano protos [skinny shape, traditional and trib strung], 1-offs from when I visited the factory, weird paint samples, all sorts of stuff!)
    - Random cool pieces: a couple of 3D printed damas, KUSA Verawood, the Stove, Shin Fuzzy, stuff like that

Dec 20, 2016
    James Hoang, ChrisPChicken and rTTn like this.
  16. htimSxelA

PS this thread sucks right now! Someone else post pics wtf! :p

Dec 20, 2016
    sambarboo, Jasper B. and nikki_deo like this.
  17. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

Dec 20, 2016
    htimSxelA likes this.
  18. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

Instagram really doesn't like their videos being watched anywhere other than instagram, so the embed options are pretty limited. That said, they can be embedded in a WordPress article, so why not a Forum? We had previously looked into doing it in the video section but it looked like garbage.

@Mr.Bishop doable within a forum or nah? Will IG ever get with the program?

Dec 20, 2016
  19. Vlats

Vlats Honed Member

@htimSxelA then you need one of ours hand made kendama :p

Dec 20, 2016
  20. Mr.Bishop

Mr.Bishop Member

Yeah actually IG posts in the forum would work. Only catch is - its the whole IG post not the video. In the video section that doesn't make much sense philosophically but in the forum it's all good.

Dec 20, 2016