Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Ontario Kendama Meet Ups

Discussion in 'Sessions' started by Lucas Canadian Kendama, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Lucas Canadian Kendama

Lucas Canadian Kendama Member

5B378C4B-EC3D-4453-BB83-327C80FD8BEC.jpeg Hi my name Lucas Schwarz and my company is Canadama Kendama and I host meet ups in Toronto and the surrounding area. Anybody who’s in Toronto, Barrie, Bradford, Bolton, Simcoe, Mississauga and and others. There is a decent community and I always like showing lots of people Kendama. Support and jam with the locals Play Kendama, learn Kendama, do mini games, or just hang out. Hope to see you all there. Tell your friends and dama on everyone

I also sell my Kendama holders, terra pill/rolling pin holders and ringdamas. I also sponsor some of the meet ups myself. Jawrr, Dave Cher and Alex Smith all have my products and love them

Spreading the Kendama love to all. All the best And hope to see lots of new faces in the future.

Sep 29, 2018
    Wavyson and Kristina like this.
  2. Lucas Canadian Kendama

AF18EC2F-7D36-4D4D-B0FC-CB554A265684.png 67FECAA6-E47C-4316-8107-429D02F4D924.jpeg 701736F4-F47E-4571-9FDA-4BC4AD02CF04.jpeg 57EC198E-F7B4-4A37-8B71-3B05B5D43416.jpeg 66F295AB-67B2-4A0F-A6B2-8FA2ABE54E83.jpeg Thanks for everyone to showing up to the Canadama first meet up. Was real fun jammin and meeting other people. Everyone received lots of prizes and we all had lots of fun here is some pics and videos from the event check them out. pics of people with prizes, games of Ken, and game of add on

Shout out to all who came @xpogoharry @dainel_alonzo @randycycles @nature_man_dan90 @lucas.schwarz.21 And others.

#kendama #kendamabarrie #kendamas #skilltoy #meetup #barriekendama #kendamameetup #canadamakendama @canadama.kendama @KROM @solkendama @TerraKendama @SweetsKendamas #barrieskatepark #skilltoys #minigames #jamming #kendamacommunity #kendamaculture #QueensPark

Sep 29, 2018
  3. Lucas Canadian Kendama

New meet ups for October coming up stay posted. Details below. Hope to see you all there.
    2540D084-079A-432E-88F2-2A98310CDC89.jpeg 10964356-4196-4B06-8B8A-2E796E115B5E.jpeg 5E1E5CD2-F5E6-44AC-8808-BB9F5A10328B.png B3BA29E2-9929-4D52-9275-4DDDC2D4632F.jpeg AC7DF768-49A5-4132-9CA5-0B70B5C61BAD.jpeg 35575771-C088-4338-820B-3ABF48F6B1B4.png
    @TerraKendama

Sep 29, 2018
  4. Lucas Canadian Kendama

2 Canadama Kendama meet Ups this week. Stay tuned for prizes. And the locations and times are on the post. But just in case.

Barrie Saturday October 6th 2pm-5pm 56-68 Ross St

Bolton Sunday October 7th 3pm-6pm 14051 Highway 50

Hope to see u all there it was a blast at the last one. And thanks again to all who came hope to see more new faces in the future aswell also. All the best everyone and dama on

#kendama #kendamabarrie #kendamatoronto #canadamakendama #kendamamovement #kendamacommunity #skilltoy #terrapill #canadama #skilltoys #newtricks #fun #terrakendama #kendamatricks #terrakendamas #kendamabegginer #begginer #terrapilltricks #string #wood #mississauga #kendamausa #sweetskendamas #solkendamas #fortresskendama #barriekendama #torontokendama #kendamabolton
    588F6B43-7D66-4343-B2ED-F30605B3E281.png

Oct 2, 2018
    TerraKendama likes this.
  5. Lucas Canadian Kendama

Some prizes for his weekends both meet ups. Kendama holder, ringdama, and begleris/thumb chuck. And a surprise Kendama also 702CCEF4-5A1B-4E73-A52C-29184268895A.png follow Canadama Kendama on instagram for more.

Oct 4, 2018
  6. Lucas Canadian Kendama

AB82AD7D-E9C6-4A1C-97B0-71161C5C4BE2.png 8F3BF873-72E2-4BE6-9095-F328EF22EEBA.png 3F8D0A9B-880D-4BDA-AC85-E75086821745.jpeg EA60FCAF-10C5-4732-B213-C30ACC96AFDC.jpeg EA59CE24-8299-4C16-8CD9-BD460D727A95.jpeg 2A0A6B3C-7659-436C-8E0B-42617039A4A0.png 2F7A5F92-EE2B-448F-9340-26517FCBADEF.png AB82AD7D-E9C6-4A1C-97B0-71161C5C4BE2.png AB82AD7D-E9C6-4A1C-97B0-71161C5C4BE2.png Canadama Thanks Giving day Jams thanks for all who showed up..It was good vibes as always and always fun jamming with other people. I’m not the most social person, same with some others but Kendama gets me u out and talking and everyone is happy and having fun outside. The rain held off in the Barrie location and wasn’t to bad in the Bolton one I’m glad for all the love and support from everyoneglad everyone had fun that’s my goal

Hope to see more new faces in the future and Toronto jams comin soon bring the Kendama community together everywhere

Shout out to @randycycles my cousin who’s a new player now and the anonymous Kendama player for coming out, and the people out walking and I got to try Kendama(one persons name was frank) even after the event my neighbors borrowed some Kendama off me to have fun with their family at ThanksgivingAlways spread the Kendama love for those who couldn’t show it’s OK I know it was busy this weekend for everyone with thanks giving hope to see u in the future

Happy Thanksgiving

#kendama #skilltoy #kendamacanada #kendmalife #thanksgiving #kendamajam #canadamakendama #kendamaculture #kendamacommunity #kendamabarrie @TerraKendama Kendama USA KROM Kendama Sol Kendamas Sweets Kendamas @ozorakendama_official Dama On Clothing Co @canadama.kendama @lucas.schwarz.21

Oct 8, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.
  7. Lucas Canadian Kendama

1D7E9108-83A0-4603-A6AE-64F414C24D40.png 3978B49A-3356-4058-97E6-4DA06A33ADA6.png D9961EFC-BEBE-4C69-8292-F6CBC5A0F4F4.png Canadama Kendama meet up Recently retired Pro @joshuaconnelly2 Will be thereSunday October 14th at Enercare Centre 11 Princes' Blvd, Toronto, ON M6K 3C3 2pm-5pm.

Hope to see you all there it’ll be his last jam. Let’s make it a good one and spread the Kendama love.

He is also the ower of @northernkendama which sadly is not running no more. Is also selling off all is all collection so message him

Any questions message me.
    On the day of I will be posting locations and what’s going on, on my story on Instagram so stay posted and if you show up earlier always message me I’ll let you know what’s going on

All the best and hope to see u all there and dama on

#kendama #skilltoy #kendamacommunity #kendamaculture #kendamacommunity #kendamalife #kendamapro #northernkendama #canadamakendama #kendamatoronto #enercarecentre #toronto #kendamamovement @stan_the_handstand_man #canada #kendamabarrie #kendamacanada #kendamalove #joshuacolley @TerraKendama @KendamaUSA @SweetsKendamas @SolKendamas @LunaTac @GlobalKendamasNetwork @FortressKendama @KROMKendama @graintheoryofficial @Enercare Centre

Oct 9, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.
  8. Lucas Canadian Kendama

8ADD562A-64C5-42D5-A6A6-A9FD18BD2838.png 77DCC313-B963-4861-A96C-7DCBB2A56B1E.png 6B9624EE-405D-4E46-A61D-5C5E92AEF339.png E8C1E03B-E910-4A37-ABDD-457E07E74559.jpeg The meet up was a blast it’s always fun jamming with people, learning new tricks, having fun/laughing, and being outdoors. Huge shout out to @joshuaconnelly2 @northernkendama For coming down a long way To jam. Also big thanks to everybody who came out it was a great time and I’m glad everybody liked their prizes and had a fun also. Hope to see more new faces in the future always willing to teach and spread the Kendama love(as always lots of extras for people to use also jumbos and minis and lots others). The weather was great and we had so much fun we all jammed for another hour and a half jamming from 2 till 630

When people were walking on the streets we ended up getting 4 people to jam and a girl spiked It 3rd try One person already play Kendama and the other three were new to Kendama so it was awesome to see people are interested and having fun also.

And for people who couldn’t make it Hope to see you at the next one. I try to host around the area to get everybody to jam to spread the Kendama love to all hope to see you at the next one. All the best everyone and dama on

PS if anybody needs Kendamas hit up Josh Conley he’s selling all his old ones and a bunch of new ones (owner of northern Kendama)

Also Stan the hand stand man he’s the Local Kendama plug for Toronto so if u need a fresh Kendama hes the man. Sweets, Krom, or Sol hit him up for a new Kendama

#kendama #skilltoy #outdoors #fun #learn #kendamalife #goodvibes #canadamakendama #barriekendama #torontokendama #kendamacanada #kendamatricks #northernkendama #kendamamovement #kendamacommunity #kendamaculture

@TerraKendama @Kendama USA @Sol Kendamas

Oct 14, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.
  9. Lucas Canadian Kendama

4C3E9419-348D-46F0-B302-21E3EFF31D43.jpeg First ever Canadama Kendama contest. December 1st from 3pm-5:30pm at Georgian Mall 509 Bayfield St, Barrie, ON L4M 4Z8(meet at food court). There will a KENDAMA GIVEAWAY*All you have to do is show up* I will post the prize before the meet up. It’s going to be games of ken and mini games so practice up. Also just come hang out, jam, learn, and have fun. Any and all are welcome to come. If u have any questions msg me I hope to see u all there.

Meet at the food courtthere will also be drinks and food near by so bring money. Also lots of shops so u can get u Christmas shopping done and jam Kendama

#kendama #kendamabarrie #georgianmall #foodcourt #skilltoy #kendamatoronto #contest #kendamacanada #barrie #prize #ontario #toronto #liquidchrome #giveaway #canadamakendama @KendamaUSA #giveaway #kendamas @kromkendama @activekendama_ #games #kendamacommunity #kendamalife @TerraKendama @sweetskendamas #barriekendama #session #kendamagames #minigames

Nov 17, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.
  10. Lucas Canadian Kendama

Prizes from @KendamaUSA a metallic silver Kendama. Also a poster and sticker all who show up. December 1st from 3pm-5:30pm at the Georgian mall in Barrie. Meet at the food court. A5305B12-E8A3-4383-8C83-7BB2908CFB39.png F1BAF7D3-D79B-41EB-ADCC-5E76460584F0.png 05E9BAC3-BDBD-4686-92E9-20707E7FE36F.png A28966AB-3926-4A8B-91C1-336E8E031E74.png 31ECA63E-262E-4791-B2A4-BD2B31CE21E1.png

And thanks from a local player who donated his old dames to give to new player. The Kendama community is strong and a good community and I’m proud to be apart of it.

Nov 26, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.
  11. Lucas Canadian Kendama

A8E5C643-E25A-4840-BE7C-499C2D01193F.jpeg 6A55BAFC-04BF-48B0-8210-B6FCCC2B70C9.jpeg D0063D2E-5931-438F-A56B-820FE686FC9A.jpeg The meet up was a blast and everyone had fun and liked all their prizes huge shout out to Kendama USA for all the great products(check them out for great deals always)and the Georgian Mall for allowing me to host the meet up there. Also huge thanks to all the nice people who showed interested in Kendama and came to talk about it or gave try it we all do our best to educate people and show off the Kendama sport.

Also like to welcome @olivia.b.484950 to the Kendama community She spiked it within the first couple trys

Everyone got a @ozorakendama_official JKA official poster to teach how to play and the Dan levels for grading, and a Kendama USA Sticker

Congrats to Jacob Clarey took the Win in the games of Ken. All the games were really good and close matches

Thanks again to all who were able to show up Also huge shout to Aaron Inwood for coming all the way down to jam and for the donation to help the community

And to those who couldn’t make it hope to see u and more new faces like always at the next meet up. All the best everyone and thanks for this fun jam yesterday dama on everyone

#kendama #barriekendama #canadamakendama #kendamabarrie #georgianmall #kendamacommunity #kendamacanada #canadakendama #kendamatoronto #kendamaculture #barrie #kendamameetup #kendamalife #skilltoy #kendamacontest #balance #kendamausa #kenfolk #kendamas #newplayers #kendamalove #ontariokendamameetup #kendamatricks @Georgian Mall

Dec 2, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.
  12. Lucas Canadian Kendama

542E3E71-8B18-45A3-BD89-1C09844F90DE.jpeg F26350D6-8CC3-47C9-9D64-C90E4F73017E.jpeg 29AEA9C5-3CB2-4E1D-80AF-17FDEB87C623.jpeg AE04A04B-F914-4811-9B5E-61C41FDB9E99.jpeg KENDAMA MEET UP THIS THURSDAY JANUARY 3RD AT PORT CREDIT MEMORIAL PARK FROM 12PM-3PM

The meet up will be under the big gazebo in the picture.

Prizes also in pictures, An @activekendama_ With sticky paint

A KCS Kendama thanks to @aaron_inwood

Also @ozorakendama_official Posters and @KendamaUSA Stickers.

Come jam, learn new tricks, meet new people, win prizes, and have fun. Hope to see you all there And a skate park is close by so bring your board if u skate. All the best and dama on

Tag @canadama.kendama in your posts and I’ll reposted them

#kendamatoronto #kendama #mississauga #skilltoy #kendamameetup #portcreditmemorialpark #kendamalife #canadakendama #canadamakendama #kendamacommunity #kendamaculture #ontario #toronto #balance #outdoors #kendamas #kendamajam #2019 #torontokendama #portcredit #ontario #toronto #kendamausa #activekendama #etobicoke

Dec 31, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.
  13. Kristina

Kristina Member

Hey, if you have any advice for a fellow Canadian on helping to get a bit of a scene or small group going in my area that would be greatly appreciated. I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I am an hour from the American border with Minnesota, but 4 hours from Duluth and about 8-9 from Minneapolis. If I drive the other way, I’m about 8-9 hours from Sault Ste Marie which is a bit of a start of the southern Ontario area and I think it borders with Michigan but not sure how close bigger cities would be. We are almost double that distance to Toronto which is I think where the main scene is. If I go a different route, I’m about 8-9 hours from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I would love to have some people to play with with. Gave a bunch of Kendamas away with resources for Christmas. But I need to encourage them to want to play and try and build some skill, so they get that true taste of landing new things and maybe want to continue to grow. I really wished I had a scene and some mentors in my area, at least for learning purposes, but I will probably have to be that person, so I need to grow and learn as much as possible. It’s tough though on ones own, so any tips would be so appreciated. Thanks

Jan 9, 2019
  14. Lucas Canadian Kendama

Hey how’s it going Kristina. And I’m pretty sure I personal message u before, but if I didn’t sorry I’ve been super busy. And thanks for msging me it means alot and I hope I can help u grow area and spread the dama love. But yeah hears my advice and what I do hope it helps you

I just looked up thunderbay on maps and it’s far away from Toronto your right. But u said u we’re close to Minnesota and that’s where they hold one of the biggest kendama contest out thereMKO hosted by sweets kendamas and lots of kendama players are always there and lots of pros too so you’ll learn lots! So I would definitely go and check that out if you can(I wanna go one day). And the Toronto scene is definitely growing I’m trying really hard to help grow It and push the scene. And it’s not just me who grows the scene, everyone who plays kendama does their part on showing people(showing a friend,family,posting a video...). But yeah thunderbay has a beautiful beach area I’m pretty sure and u could definitely get a scene going there. I would recommend the beach to get others to see and it’s a nice spot or a park.

What I do is personally look for people in the area on instagram-Facebook Kendama community- I post videos of Kendama showing off ticks and what you can do with practice - also just by talking to people when your doing some tricks outside(don’t be shy to show them especially if they look interested, and tell them the benefits of it. hand eye coordination, balance, patience, persistence, confidence, creativity, begin active...) And I personally talk to people offer tips/help if needed with tricks, motivate/encourage them to jam without bugging/harassing them lol(cuz it’s fun with others and you learn way more) and just be nice and having fun is the main thing and make friends And I post about meet ups and try so spread it everywhere and try to notify people personally so they are in the loop cuz it’s a community I also try to contact new groups like Yoyo players skateboards... to show them something else they might like. And for the Jams I always try to pick a day with good weather, a good time, nice spot(like a park, something where others can walk by and see. Cuz sometimes they come play too or ask questions . Even just them know what it Kendama is a win) and a monthly or weekly thing is better cuz you get more interested and not losing interest and it’s more fun with friends and your learn lots of new stuff always at meet ups. Also for location Ask where people are from cuz if you can do a location that’s easy for everyone it a lot better in my option. Also Creating a group for your kendama meetups/tricks/taking... would be a good idea so you can post it and people who are in the group can see(I might even do that to lol. I though about it just never did it’s probably alot easier to reach all them at once)

But yeah I hope I gave you some advice that helps you out. And that’s just what I do. But the main thing is have fun and be happy no matter what As long as your having fun it all works out.

And I don’t know if you have instagram but my instagram is canadamakendama and my personal one is Lucas.schwarz.21 feel free to message me for any questions/tricks tips, or just to talk, or even to check out my posts. And if you msg me saying it’s you from Downspike I’ll definitely follow you back

But yeah all the best Kristina And good luck on the meet ups

Apr 19, 2019
  15. Lucas Canadian Kendama

829C88ED-FEA9-4AC6-981B-D3B37E8F9916.jpeg 1308B23E-2649-4C8E-90B3-F8E33204F4B0.jpeg Kendama Meet Up Saturday April 27th from 1pm-4pm at Barrie Cenotaph

1 Chase McEachern Way, Barrie, L4M 1A7
    There is lots of parking close by.

Lots of prizesand a beautiful brand new kendama to be given away. There are lots of extra kendamas to use so even if you don’t own a kendama come jam anyway and learn something new and fun

-Fun mini games

-Free jamming

-Lessons/tips are available if needed

-Games of KEN(1v1)

How to Play Below

1. Most earth turns goes first

2. Two try’s to set- 2 to match

3. You set if you get a letter

4. If you match the set, the original setter sets again

5. On your last letter you get three chances

6. No repeat tricks

•You get one prove it to use throughout the whole game! When you use your prove it the opponent has to land the trick they just did or else you don’t get the letter and the game continues.

So come learn Kendama, play mini games, hang out and have fun being outdoors and being active. Kendama is a great sport for hand eye coordination, balance, patience, persistence, confidence, creativity, exercise, making friends, fun, and you can bring it pretty much anywhere and it doesn’t need a battery lol.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

#kendamabarrie #kendamacanada #kendama #skilltoy #kendamameetup #barriewaterfront #jam #sport #prizes #barrie #ontario #kendamacommunity #kendamaculture #balance #goodtimes #barriecenotaph #barriememorial #outdoors #canadamakendama #activities #flow #games #toronto #kendamausa #activekendama #kendamaisreal #kendamas #terrakendama

Attached Files:

Apr 19, 2019
    goenKendama likes this.
  16. Lucas Canadian Kendama

14F0262A-CC43-43FA-9A9F-9884829A3FAD.png Meet up changed to next weekend due to bad weather. May 4th Same time and location(1pm-4pm, Barrie Cenotaph/memorial square).

Apr 26, 2019
    goenKendama likes this.
  17. Lucas Canadian Kendama

Just a couple prizes for the meet up and some mystery ones to come 637021FE-DEBA-4F33-9FE2-4FB0B053C465.jpeg

May 3, 2019
    goenKendama likes this.
  18. Lucas Canadian Kendama

1F0750EE-7BC5-4637-96EC-F4D138DB2714.png 1CEBD638-5112-49A4-A4D9-EA870C894F06.png D0FB373A-3557-4CB3-9385-27A515FC1FFB.png 82A672BB-39B0-4B74-9853-0965FEAA0B61.jpeg The meet up was a blast. Thanks to all who showed up and for those who showed interest off the street to come and play. We got A couple new people to spike it for the first time, And the father and sons had a blast jammin with us we even stayed past the meet up hours to just play. There are videos from new players spiking it, a game of ken, and a pic of the prizes. Hope to see the ones who couldn’t make it in the future

Every new player got a new kendama, stickers, and a kendama poster to teach them the Basics to play and start them on Kendama their journey everyone was happy and stoked with their prizes.

All the best and keep Jammin everyone

And much thanks to @activekendama and @KendamaUSA

May 31, 2019
  19. Lucas Canadian Kendama

4D5754B9-80B1-41A5-8D73-72D69C82362E.jpeg 3BC48367-0A79-4889-87EC-E0C5AF3F3455.jpeg 67CD083F-B95F-4DD9-BFE7-840EE8659696.jpeg 28A6606F-31AA-47FF-A8E0-7A242F3DF377.jpeg 96F30526-716C-400D-9A16-C05A6FC87198.jpeg 19A11A55-DE78-48E7-8698-42D900244A5B.jpeg D2A67ED6-11C4-42E8-9316-0508DE708E69.jpeg 63825E2A-C4E9-4867-BAD3-09A7AF658967.jpeg Kendama Meet Up

June 15th from 12PM-4PM at Barrie Heritage Park under the gazebo. 5 Lakeshore drive Barrie/ 1-9 Lakeshore drive Barrie(it comes up as both in google maps). SWIPE THE POST FOR MORE PICTURES

There will be games of KEN, Dama blitz, and other mini games Also lots of prizes to be given awayTop prize is a beautiful almost perfect weight Edvin Humble Pro model with a metal bearing and engravings from ActiveKendama also a beautiful all bamboo kendama from Kendama USA

(swipe the post to see the prizes)

Come play, learn new tricks, and have fun playing kendama outdoors with other players. Hope to see you all there.

And huge shout out to Terra Kendama for the dama blitz clock for games of damablitz at the meet ups

Also thanks to Kendama Israel for making the kendama dice(I was inspired and made my own to use at the meetups)

Any questions feel free to ask!

May 31, 2019
    goenKendama likes this.
  20. Lucas Canadian Kendama

984D8BBB-9B12-4B0C-95EF-1C01C161546F.png 629C8380-C9CA-4F2D-A443-E48A7D39C06F.png In case u missed my [email protected] that’s my instagram

Location changed to @ignite_barrie 250 Innisfil St unit 2, Barrie, ON L4N 4K4. Same date and time(this Saturday June 15th 12pm-4pm) Indoor and outdoor jamming(rain or shine), mini games like(ken, dama blitz, add on, and much more...) lessons/tips to any who need, hangout and talk, and lots of fun to be hadand lots of prizes for all who show up Huge thanks to Ignite Barrie for being the new jam location in Barrie and also spreading the kendama love Check them out for some rad glass art and Canadian glass artists Hope to see you all there. Msg me for any details.

All the best everyone and dama on #kendamabarrie #barrie #kendama #skilltoy #canada #ontario #ignitebarrie #art #canadamakendama #wood #prizes #fun #kendamas #glassart #kendamacommunity #kendamajam #kendamameetup #canadameetup #kendamacanada #balance #flow #kendamalove #kendamaculture #barrieignite #barriekendama

Also huge shout out to the Kendama companies @activekendama_ @KendamaUSA @kendamairs @TerraKendama for helping the Kendama community

Jun 13, 2019
    goenKendama likes this.