Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Oversized Tamas

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by damaghost, Oct 9, 2018.

1. damaghost

damaghost n00b

I just got a KUSA Slim Bands kendama and i love the larger size of the tama. Was wondering if anyone could name some other damas with larger sized tamas for me? Makes it so much easier to do lunars (more room to adjust)

Oct 9, 2018
  2. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

GT-BH & GT-KA, krom slaydawgs/new pro mods, terra prefect, and pretty much all of sol's kendamas all have larger than normal sized tamas

Oct 9, 2018
  3. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

DAMAS WITH APPROXIMATE % INCREASE

Krom Slaydawg ~ 3% larger
    Sol Flow ~ 5% larger
    GT-KA ~ 4% larger
    GT-BH ~ 2% larger
    Craft Plus ~ 5% larger
    Sol Shape ~ 2% larger
    Terra Prefect ~ 3% larger
    Craft Shift ~ 1% larger
    Craft Slim ~1% larger
    Krom 1% ~ 1% larger
    DWI V2 Mods ~4% larger
    Kaizen slim ~ 1% larger
    Kaizen shift ~ 1% larger

Compatability wise, if you are planning to switch a ken and tama between two kendamas a 2% size difference or less is not super noticable. Once you have a more significant size diference, it won't look just right, and it might feel a little off.

I personally love my over sized tamas, I have found that an increase between 2-4% larger just feels ideal for all tricks, but a small increase of 1% or so still makes such a huge difference. Right now I really like my shifts/slims, GTKAs, and krom 1% pro mods.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Oct 9, 2018
  4. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

For me the Slaydawg is the best shape. The Flow feels too big and so does the Craft Plus but the Slaydawg is the best for me at 3%

Oct 10, 2018
  5. damaghost

damaghost n00b

Thank you guys!! Thank you to @Jasper B. especially for the full size chart lol. Im going to grab myself a slaydawg and see how I like that. I really want a GT-KA but cant find one anywhere!

Oct 10, 2018
    Jasper B. likes this.
  6. Qonnor

Qonnor Slayer

DWI Jarod mod has a slightly larger tama as well. Feels pretty similar to a Sol flow to me.

Oct 10, 2018
  7. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

Yeah, GT-KAs are a hard find these days. I actually got three of them before they were taken off of GT's website, it definitely was worth it. I heard something about a restock within the next month or so. Nothing confirmed yet though. Slaydawgs are dope though! And these days there is less hype than there was when they came out, so many of their dope woods and colorways are just sitting up at kroms website! Try one out if you haven't already;)

Oct 10, 2018
    damaghost likes this.
  8. Broc Stauffer

Broc Stauffer Honed Member

I personally don’t like huge tamas. I like 1-3%bigger. Anything else is too much.the cups just don’t wrap around the tama as much.

Oct 12, 2018
  9. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

Sol flow bigger than prefect Tamas? Not so sure...

Oct 30, 2018
  10. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

Yeah I am not 100% sure to be honest. My % increases are soley based on what I have heard from others, and kendamas I own

Oct 31, 2018