Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Player Appreciation

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Chad Covington, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Mr. Von Braun

Mr. Von Braun Honed Member

I found kendama on a random non-kendama related YouTube video years ago. From that, I immediately ordered my first and started searching everything kendama.
    By far, @Grandpa Sandz and @bonz atron were my greatest inspirations. At first I just sat and watched their edits in awe, waiting for the dama to arrive. I couldn't wait to immediately land lighthouse flips and crazy lunars, I mean c'mon that thing looks so easy!!
    Reality set in, but so did my obsession with improving. For years I've played kendama by myself, with none of my friends getting into it or any big scene near me that I could be a part of. However, any time I would get frustrated or down on kendama, I would just hit replay on those edits. Only a matter of seconds before I would be back up, grinding.

Side note: I've also used those edits during a workout. The dama gets the blood flowing!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Mar 14, 2017
    Chad Covington likes this.
  2. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

@Mr. Von Braun I'm flattered, but I'm really only dama famous for the occasional cameo, usually in a suit. I think you mean @Grandpa Sandz (Colin)

Mar 14, 2017
  3. Mr. Von Braun

Mr. Von Braun Honed Member

Mar 14, 2017
  4. AndrewBenincasa_CNYK

AndrewBenincasa_CNYK Member

My biggest inspiration has to be @RyanArthurWalker

Ryan has always been a really big inspiration for me, expecially when I first started to really get into kendama. He really inspired me because I saw how he was making a difference by promoting kendama on the East Coast, which pushed me to start working in Central New York to promote and share the love of kendama.

Also shoutout to the KENYC crew, they are a big inspiration for me and CNYKendama. Every post I see really inspires me to keep spreading kendama.

Mar 14, 2017
    Chad Covington and Mr. Von Braun like this.