Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Post Your Bike!

Discussion in 'Non-Dama Drama' started by A_Bachman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. A_Bachman

A_Bachman Honed Member

Let's see those human powered contraptions, 1 ≤ wheels ≤ 3.

Stoked to share this photo of mine, took second place in a contest put on by State Bike Co!

P1050880.jpg

Jan 13, 2017
  2. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

Dang... lookin fresh! Let me dig out some photos of my rides...

I love this thing: Smart track bike. It was handmade by a local frame builder, probably sometime in the 00s? Very light for steel, super tight geo, this thing is SO much fun.
    FullSizeRender 8.jpg

Here it is lined up with the only other Smart frame I (and everyone else I've talked to) have ever seen. I really don't have much info on the origin of the bike otherwise.. That other frame is cool, its all aero tubing. The guy who owns it was looking to sell and I was tempted, but at 59cm seatpost its a tiiny bit tall for me
    IMG_8190.JPG

Recently scored a wicked deal on a Vigorelli, from a dude who only ever rode it at the track, so its in amazing condition. This bike is made for going FAST, its unreal. I have a nice tubular wheelset I'm going to put on it, and I'll probably upgrade the cranks eventually too (RD2s right now, theyre decent)
    IMG_8472.JPG

This is a random fixed cruiser I built up out of spare parts. Sourmash actually bought this frameset off me, so its his ride now (he swapped out some parts though)
    IMG_6724.JPG

Jan 13, 2017
  3. teejkolesnik

teejkolesnik Slayer

Yes! Love this thread.

Here's my baby. White lightening. My other bike was stolen unfortunately... but, this thing rips! Commute to work and school everyday with it. IMG_7632.JPG

Jan 13, 2017
  4. Ryalkid20

Ryalkid20 Honed Member

This is a bit goony but I mob around on a blue RedLine from Taylor's bike shop

Jan 13, 2017
    ChrisPChicken and htimSxelA like this.
  5. AdrianEsteban

AdrianEsteban Honed Member

IMG_0883.JPG 2011 leader kagero
    There's a velodrome here in San Diego that has a swap meet at the end of each racing season and over the last few years I ended up with parts to build this!
    Love it on the track and street.

Jan 13, 2017
  6. htimSxelA

Everyone with the omniums! At some point I want some new cranks to put on the vigorelli, omniums (or sugino75s) seem like the top choice for a lot of people. My smart bike has some njs stamped DuraAce cranks that are legit af though, and I think they're a tiny bit cheaper.

@Steezdiaz get in here! I remember you posting some bike stuff before.
    Same for you @Instagrom3 @Matthew Rice

Jan 15, 2017
    A_Bachman likes this.
  7. A_Bachman

A_Bachman Honed Member

Grab yourself a pair of omniums, deals on eBay all the time, you won't regret it. Noticeably stiffer than anything else I've ridden because the cranks bolt to themselves through the BB, also makes the entire setup lighter than even most carbon crank setups. Really dig the look of that smart bike though, so classic!

Jan 15, 2017
  8. Angelo Saček

Angelo Saček Honed Member

Great thread. Mine is a Colnago (Michele Dancelli) frame with Shimano 105 groupset (+ Biopace chainring), Cinelli bars, Campagnolo pedals and toe cages.

@Ljerljarljar hop on the

Jan 16, 2017
    htimSxelA and A_Bachman like this.
  9. Matthew Rice

Matthew Rice Member

Fairdale Cruiser. SS Coaster Brake. Cetma Rack.
    18224345554_baeea36410_o.jpg
    Samson NJS 26718770645_830989067b_z.jpg

Got a Focus Road bike and I just bought a Mtb bike that gets here Monday! Cant wait to get off road.
    Gotta have a ride for all occasions. And TJ really? the non drive side shot. amateur hour. sucks it was stolen though man.

Jan 16, 2017
  10. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

Dannng you guys have some gorgeous bikes. Thanks for the tag @htimSxelA :)

Okay I don't have any recent pictures of my bike, but it hasn't changed much since this one I found on Facebook... looks huge next to my wifey haha

Also, here's it in action :)

I've had that bike for almost 8 years now, it's held up great but I've swapped almost every part off of it except the frame and forks haha

And some the other bikes I've had over the years...

We worked at a summer camp in Santa cruz and mopeds were the best way to get around. We got he honda express on the right first but then had a hard time sharing it so I picked up the one on the left. That one ended when I crashed head on into a motorcycle around a blind corner lol. Luckily no one was hurt as we weren't going too fast.

After crashing that one, I of course wanted something faster. I picked up the Puch magnum above from a guy in SF. It had a kit on it and could hit 40+ which is scary fast on something so tiny. At 6'4" I looked massive on this thing haha.

Eventually I wanted something faster and bigger so I traded it for the CB200 project below :D

Fixed that one up and then ended up selling it after awhile. I miss that one and the Puch though. Still have Chelsey's honda express though.

Jan 16, 2017
  11. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

I need some help here.
    I wanna get myself a CX, but i don't know what's a good one to get, under USD 400.

Any seasoned riders have some good opinions?

Jan 17, 2017
  12. NicholasPereira

NicholasPereira Honed Member

Awesome shot Austin! I don't have one that cool but here you go anyway: Surly.jpeg

Jan 17, 2017
  13. A_Bachman

A_Bachman Honed Member

You might appreciate this one @htimSxelA, my dad's old Jack Taylor Model Track, set up for comfort right now, still have the original Cinelli drops, Campy pedals and leather seat though. IMG_20170117_145306.jpg

Jan 17, 2017
    htimSxelA likes this.
  14. Aditya Kalale

Aditya Kalale n00b

image.jpeg This is my bike that was stolen a couple months ago while locked up at my school :(
    Built it myself a couple years ago.

Jan 17, 2017
  15. htimSxelA

@A_Bachman that thing looks rad, how big is it? 58? The stem is crazy. Is the back drilled for a brake?

Jan 17, 2017
  16. A_Bachman

A_Bachman Honed Member

Yeah it's big, I ride a 57 so it's gotta be at least a 58-59. That front piece used to be underneath the stem, get really low haha! And nope, not drilled.

Jan 18, 2017
  17. mindbraingehirn

mindbraingehirn n00b

Great! I recently got myself one from the 80's. Fixed some things but most of it is still original.
    Been having a blast riding it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Jan 20, 2017
  18. amagad

amagad Slayer

Cooker max with a weho and cooker "mini"
    20170326_161811.jpg

Mar 26, 2017
    goenKendama likes this.
  19. Nicksaw1

Nicksaw1 n00b

IMG_0561.JPG Rip around the skate park and play Kendama

Apr 12, 2017
    ChrisPChicken and YUNGFISHEYE like this.
  20. YUNGFISHEYE

YUNGFISHEYE n00b