Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Shin Fuji ROKUROSEN RED STRIPE

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Nitram707, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Nitram707

Nitram707 Member

thoughts on these kendamas I'm considering getting it but not sure.

Mar 30, 2017
  2. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

Are you talking about the original Rokurosen or the 40th Anniversary version? I'd be more inclined to play the original but they are both great collector's items IMO.

Mar 30, 2017
  3. Nitram707

Nitram707 Member

4. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

So does Kendama Syndicate have old Shin Fujis w/ the recommended seal? Those are really hard to find nowadays.

Mar 30, 2017
  5. Nitram707

Nitram707 Member

Idk but I'm tempted to get it

Mar 30, 2017
  6. goenKendama

@Nitram707 That's a great looking sample of the original version. The spike on Shinfuji's tend to be on the thicker side, beefier and the paints last similar to TK16s but I've not played a Rokurosen so I don't know about the clearcoat they use as far as durability.

Mar 30, 2017
    sambarboo and Nitram707 like this.
  7. Nitram707

Nitram707 Member

Yeah it's only 10 bucks super tempted

Mar 30, 2017
    goenKendama likes this.
  8. goenKendama

$10? Jump on it. :)

Mar 31, 2017
    sambarboo and Nitram707 like this.
  9. sambarboo

sambarboo Slayer

I have a blue Rokurosen and it plays fine. Yes, the Shin Fujis have a thicker spike (with bullet tip) and the ball holes are small... after playing one of these for a week you'll be spiking everything when you pick up a GT or HG with ease after mastering on these. Also, the tama is slick,but it is a FUN challenge holding lighthouses and lunars on here! Pick one up!

Mar 31, 2017
    goenKendama likes this.
  10. Giulian Tena

Giulian Tena Honed Member

Really? There's a store in the nearest mall from where I live that literally only sells shin fujis. It's a Japanese store

Mar 31, 2017
    sambarboo likes this.
  11. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

I got one of these for my brother for Christmas and he liked it a lot. Although the tama is slick at first it breaks in quickly and gets a little grippier.

Edit: Went on and bought a Shin Fuji, a Yellow TK16, and a purple to natural GIRR on a Ken co zen...total paid =$43.47
    I'm probably not even going to open the Shin or the TK16 because these ones still have the JKA seal, what a deal though Kendama Syndicate for life

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Mar 31, 2017
    goenKendama and sambarboo like this.
  12. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

Stock up on those Shin Fujis...i bet you in 5 to 10 years they will be worth about $80, could be wrong though, but look at all the JKA kens they stopped making, they all went up in price

Mar 31, 2017
  13. ChrisPChicken

ChrisPChicken Slayer

Hey Guys ! Just a quick question ? In the previous couple of pictures posted , correct me if I'm wrong , but is there three different types of these ? I understand the OG one and the newer 40th special model under it . But where does the last dama by the Syndicate fit in , it has even a different seal . Is this older or a remake of the original as well ? Thanks for the history lessons ;)

Mar 31, 2017
  14. goenKendama

I'm pretty sure the order, from oldest to newest, was Kendama Syndicate's seal, my earlier post's seal, then 40th. The JKA seal with the extra writing and the smaller logo and the 40th are both only able to be used in JKA testing through Jun sho-dan (intermediate/quasi level) The regular JKA seal can be used in all JKA testing and events.

The seals aren't discontinued as they move forward in time they're just different types. The colors represent the maker/brand/name so all the same color are from the same company.

Recommended (JKA testing through Jun Sho-dan)

Approved (good for all JKA testing and competitions)

Mar 31, 2017
  15. ChrisPChicken

ChrisPChicken Slayer

Thank you , always appreciate the knowledge . My two boys 11 and 15 years old slay the dama , and as their dad , I am learning to play from them as well as learn and appreciate the history as we all grow together in Kendama ! Chris

Mar 31, 2017
  16. goenKendama

That's really great to hear. You know what they say: The family the slays together stays together. (or something like that right?) ;)

We've had it work the other way for some of our guys here. The parents start playing and then the kids get into it. We even have a couple of 4-5 year old kids that are learning to play. It's all pretty cool to watch and be a part of as well.

I'm no troglodyte but I do appreciate the non-digital life aspects of kendama even as I use all my digital hardware throughout the day.

Mar 31, 2017
    Congarranza and sambarboo like this.
  17. Ryalkid20

Ryalkid20 Honed Member

Apr 1, 2017
    sambarboo likes this.
  18. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

Apr 1, 2017
  19. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

Im prettly sure its literally "STICKY AF"

Apr 2, 2017
    lategreat808 likes this.
  20. James Wetherell

James Wetherell Member

C
    My sister got me one for the holidays, it's definitely an older feeling kendama shape, the cup are not even with the spike but it's definitely a good collectors item and a fun dama to play.

Apr 4, 2017