Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Spacewalk help!

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Donuts, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Donuts

Donuts Member

Hey all. I’ve been trying to learn the spacewalk as one of the tricks on the MKO intermediate ladder coming up. Couple things I can’t wrap my head around.

-the catch, and how people who know how to do it get their fingers in between the string to catch it in the proper position. My solution is just going for the tama for the catch but I feel like in the long run I should start with my fingers in between the string
    -keeping tension in the string after catching the tama so the Ken doesn’t have a seizure in the air. My solution is after catching the tama to kind of yank the tama so it looks over-pulled and the ken travels farther than I’d like. Basically I want the ken to calmly travel but if I try that, the tension in the string is lost

Hopefully this makes sense. If you need some clarification just ask, but regardless, I’m in need of any tips you might have. Thanks!!

Oct 3, 2018
  2. Lucas Canadian Kendama

Lucas Canadian Kendama Member

Bend your Knees. let the flip happen and swing it around and bend your knees and pull back and it should come back up.

Oct 3, 2018
    Donuts likes this.