Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Sweets Homegrowns Update

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by KeeganS, Jan 7, 2020.

1. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Sweets has made a lot of moves over the past year with new collabs, player/pro mods, customs, and of course their Boost shape.
    One big change was their pivot from doing their V customs painted in-house and now having them done overseas (though applying cush clear is still done in-house) which afaik was a decision due to what more can be done by Honrui in terms of painting designs on the tamas as well as not having the manpower that they used to to paint in-house (correct me if I’m wrong or missed anything else important). But where does that leave the Homegrown series?

For the longest time Sweets was known for 2 things that set them apart from nearly all other kendama companies, painting/coating in house and their Homegrown series. Other companies have adopted a similar product; the KUSA Craft series and GT’s USA made products. But with all of these new changes and progressions will we see a Boost-esque shape Homegrown in the future? Or will HGs stay in the Next Gen shape?

Jan 7, 2020
  2. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

FWIW I think if/when they come back they'll almost have to be whatever the latest and greatest shape is at the time; everyone wants the new new. I'd still like them to do OG HGs but I think that ship has sailed since everyone seems to want bigger everything.

Jan 7, 2020