Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Tama Swap!

Discussion in 'DS Exchange' started by Mr. Von Braun, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Mr. Von Braun

Mr. Von Braun Honed Member

Hey DownSpike!

I'm not a huge fan of heavy tamas, and have a good amount of fresh setups I've yet to jam because of the weight. I'm looking for anyone that prefers heavier tamas, in the range of 80g-85g (I believe a good amount of what I have is 80-82g) and has fresh tama/s of lower weights you would be willing to trade.

Here is a quick list of what I have for trade (I would love to trade for something similar as I bought these setups to jam originally): KUSA Kaizen half split, Tribute half split, Kaizen 2.0 Maple, Sweets atack, Terra, misc. rubber/silk/painted damas from Roots, Active, KendamaISR and others.

I would be looking for tamas in the 70g-76g range, and would be open to tamas from different companies or setups than what I've listed (have yet to try Analog, Fujin, a few others). Even if you have something from a company I haven't listed, shoot me a message. I also have some heavier tamas that have little to some wear which I would trade for similar condition tamas. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Mar 23, 2017
    goenKendama likes this.
  2. Brandon Jensen

Brandon Jensen Slayer

Post some pictures dude! I would love to look into some of these but I need to see condition and paint colors/grain to decide.

Mar 23, 2017
    sambarboo likes this.
  3. Mr. Von Braun

Will do! I'll try and get some pictures up later today. The majority of what I have for trade is brand new, not played 10/10.

Mar 24, 2017
    Brandon Jensen likes this.
  4. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

Seriously, where were you when I was last mixing and matching trying to hit ~80g/80g for my right/lefty combos. I prefer heavier setups in general but when I'm trying two handed tricks the heavier ones really help.

Mar 24, 2017
  5. Mr. Von Braun

Haha!! If only I knew bro! Let me know if you are looking for any heavy tamas in the future. With the amount I have, I'm sure I'll have some around for a while.

Mar 24, 2017
    amagad and goenKendama like this.
  6. Mr. Von Braun

20170324_165539.jpg
    All are 100% fresh, 10/10, never played. I'm really just looking for tama trades, as I want to keep most of these kens.
    Would trade/sell KendamaISR Bamboo green/black natty stripe complete (both tama and ken are heavy, nice weight match).
    Kaizen half split tama (grey/blue) is 87g. Most of the rest are around 80-82g.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Mar 24, 2017
    7Cabbages and Brandon Jensen like this.
  7. Mr. Von Braun

20170324_170439.jpg Also have this 85g Roots clear glaze. 10/10

Mar 24, 2017
    Brandon Jensen likes this.
  8. quacktaped

quacktaped Honed Member

more info on the red and white roots tama
    I'm guessing its a silk style paint.

Mar 25, 2017
  9. Mr. Von Braun

Yes, maroon/white 70/30 rubber/silk paint.

Mar 25, 2017
    quacktaped likes this.
  10. B&A Kendama Klub

B&A Kendama Klub Member

I have analogs that are worn but I really want some of those fresh ones, I'll see if I can find something

Mar 25, 2017
    Mr. Von Braun likes this.