Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

The Co

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Almostgets, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Almostgets

Almostgets Slayer

what happened to the company? Why'd they close and where'd they all go?

Nov 20, 2016
  2. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

The quick version is: Sam & Lex hired a guy named Todd for internal stuff. Todd was a registered SO (Sex Offender). Girr didn't agree with him being in a company who's main client is kids. Sam & Lex say he's just heated because they let him go cause he wasn't delivering. Girr put the CO on blast over at FKC. John Akin removed the post. Girr alongside Curtis Fagan had it reposted. That's when the shitstorm on FKC began.

Other points:
    -The CO took Dan Robinson off the team. Nobody but them know why
    -Jake Fishcer & Bonz are now on Krom
    -John Akin, Grant "Sloth", Cazz Lorde, and a few other members have formed PNW Kendamas
    -Tana Hack is MIA
    -Sam Cannon is a robot. It's the only possible explanation for that caliber of skill

MY PERSONAL OPINION: I write that in all caps because this is a feeling I only have been able to share with my damababe, due to fear of being snubbed out by fanboyism.

I Stand with The CO, because I stand with my homies. I'll never agree with what was done to them and feel like it was all because someone got called out for not fulfilling their part of a deal. So he over-reacted over that and took something that was mostly trivial and blew it out of proportion just to hurt the company. He still goes around shit talking Sam & John, yet in my eyes. The CO made you. Now very similar colorways to what was sold on KenCo's site are on other companies damas.

Nov 20, 2016
  3. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

@rTTn with a pretty good recap
    Thats a pretty good recap, though I think its kinda weak to say that Girr put them on blast 'because he was let go'... I think its pretty obvious that Girr was enraged because of Todd, first and foremost. I spent some time with Girr during the RMR event, and the dude was ALL about his daughter, she is his whole life. He was also an exceedingly straight up guy, so to say he was blasting them only because he was let go... I just can't believe that. From what I took away meeting him, I can't see him doing anything except protecting his family in a situation like this.

In the end, I'm stoked that the old co players are ending up in good new homes. Its unbelievable that Bonz won world cup.... and then nothing happened for him. Stoked to see Krom give him the backing he deserves. When you see players dropping out of a company left and right... well thats probably not a good sign. RIP co

Nov 20, 2016
  4. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

I agree with that. He is a really nice guy, watched him give away a couple custom damas to a few young slayers. It just had appeared that way to me. I don't have any more information than what was available at the time for all to see

Nov 20, 2016
  5. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

this would make for an awesome 30 for 30 style mini documentary

Nov 21, 2016
  6. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

This!

Nov 21, 2016
    JoJo_hudson1253 likes this.
  7. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

VH1 Behind the Dama

Nov 21, 2016
  8. cbwalsh24

cbwalsh24 Honed Member

KenCo, their players, damas, and edits are largely responsible for why I fell in love with kendama.. Jamming with Danny, Kris, Sloth, and Topher at the shop was and always will be my most cherished kendama memory. Much love, mad respect, and long live the Co.

Nov 21, 2016
  9. Sidoshi

Sidoshi n00b

/thread

Nov 21, 2016
  10. teejkolesnik

teejkolesnik Slayer

GIRR FOR PREZ ! Smith, Well spoken Sir.

Nov 22, 2016
    RyanArthurWalker likes this.
  11. Joel Clayton

Joel Clayton Honed Member

that sale they had a while back was way lit.

Nov 24, 2016
    Jackson Andrus likes this.
  12. Giulian Tena

Giulian Tena Honed Member

What's FKC?

Nov 25, 2016
  13. Almostgets

Almostgets Slayer

Facebook kendama club

Nov 25, 2016
  14. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

Nov 25, 2016
    htimSxelA likes this.
  15. Caleb Rush

Caleb Rush Member

I'm just wondering if any of you know why Kendama CO shut down. They had a great thing going, was it debt or legal issues. Can anyone please tell me?

Dec 27, 2016
  16. Steezdiaz

Steezdiaz Slayer

I think there's a thread on this? On mobile so I can't search it out. To answer your question though, basically...drama.

Dec 27, 2016
  17. htimSxelA

@Caleb Rush please use the search function before posting a new thread. I've merged your post with an older one, if you scroll up you'll find some info pertinent to your question.
    (Though when I used the search function to find the older kenco post, I realized it wasn't super easy to find... 'kendamaco' didn't bring it up quickly, 'kendama co' mostly just brought results that had 'kendama' in them (which is like every post in this forum), and 'co' or 'the co' wouldn't search because the keywords were too short. Hmm)

This thread has more info on forum etiquette and rules, give it a look for more info.

Dec 27, 2016
  18. Caleb Rush

Caleb Rush Member

Yeah sorry about that, I'll take the thread down. Like you said though I did search "Kendama CO" before I posted it and didn't find anything related to ken co shutting down so I thought I would be ok to post. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again. Really sorry about that.

Dec 27, 2016
  19. htimSxelA

@Caleb Rush no worries, like I mentioned, I realized it was a kind tough one to search for, so understandable for sure. I merged the two threads together so don't worry about deleting.

Dec 27, 2016
  20. Caleb Rush

Caleb Rush Member

Ok thanks

Dec 27, 2016