Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Things you love in a dama

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Ekendama, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Ekendama

Ekendama Member

Just post what you love in your fave dama and why you jam it

Nov 21, 2017
  2. Sam Strohmyer

Sam Strohmyer Slayer

I love the amount of stick/slip on my old beat in Jeremy Van Reeven Tama, I'm pretty sure it was Pro-clear (correct me if I'm wrong). Lighthouse flips are super fun, My only triple lighthouse flip was on that jammer.

Nov 21, 2017
    Jedi_man and sambarboo like this.
  3. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

My favorite kendama right now is my Nihon Ash Slaydawg.

Plays exactly as advertised. LOL clear is super sticky, Ken shape is awesome for most things (except slingers), bearing makes life easier, and it is aesthetically super pleasing.

Weights are dead on too (74g Ken, 76g tama).

Nov 21, 2017
    sambarboo and slothymane like this.
  4. Sam Strohmyer

Sam Strohmyer Slayer

My B-day slay dog weights are so atrocious, 74 tama, 84 Ken. I picked it up at MKO for 10$ cheaper, but honestly it turned out to be a bad deal...

Nov 21, 2017
  5. James Hoang

James Hoang Slayer

My Sweets Ruisch mod is super honed in for lighthouses, lunars, and stalls! The pro clear and beech wood is amazing!

Nov 21, 2017
  6. Sirwillcode

Sirwillcode Slayer

10g isn't that bad. I picked up a shin Fuji (black seal) natty. And the ken to tama difference was about 18 or so. I haven't weighed it in a couple of years but i remember that being pretty bad. And the dude who sold it to me said it was weighed nice. But I was new to dama so I didn't know any better.

Nov 21, 2017
    sambarboo likes this.
  7. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

Same. The local filipino kendama brand sold me a half-split with horrendous weight difference. Thankfully, I've found that really heavy tamas go well with a TK-16 ken.

Nov 21, 2017
    sambarboo and James Hoang like this.
  8. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

The hole in the tama because without the hole in the tama kendama is just a fancy version of ball in a cup. The hole also makes it easy to string the kendama; without the hole you would be like, "let me just tie this lasso around this wooden ball and then play catch with it...by myself."

Nov 21, 2017
    James Hoang, Ekendama and ttocsic like this.
  9. Ekendama

Ekendama Member

My favorite dama is a Mugen musou planet. It has a grip but some slip so it is not just a really sticky ball. It has great shape haven’t weighed yet but feels pretty smooth .

Nov 22, 2017
    sambarboo likes this.
  10. Trenton Jayce

Trenton Jayce n00b

I’ve honestly liked shallow cups. Idk why I just jam better with them.

Nov 22, 2017
    sambarboo and Ekendama like this.
  11. Qonnor

Qonnor Slayer

I find myself continually coming back to my natty prime. The thing is absolutely beat to hell but that's part of why I love it so much. Its honed for birds, handle stalls, and pretty much everything else. It's also so beat that I don't even flinch when I accidentally slam it against concrete while working on string flow. The prime shape is beefy enough that it's super durable, but also also designed well enough that it's good for pretty much every kind of play. I definitely have damas that work better for some specific tricks, but you gotta love the all arounders.

Nov 22, 2017
    sambarboo and Ekendama like this.
  12. Ekendama

Ekendama Member

Yeah primes are pretty good and you know sunrise kens are a lot beefier than you think

Nov 22, 2017
    sambarboo likes this.