Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Throwers

Discussion in 'Non-Dama Drama' started by 7Cabbages, Jan 10, 2017.

1. 7Cabbages

7Cabbages Slayer

Fellow throwers, I'm looking to getting back into yoyoing. Probs gonna get a Shutter as a trade from a buddy. What are y'all throwing?

PS. I'm not sure how hated the yoyoers are in the kendama community. Is it like scooters and skateboards? Hehe

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Jan 10, 2017
  2. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

No hate from what I've heard. I think there is a good natured poking fun and joking around between the two groups though. Plenty of people crossover to both sides too.

Jan 10, 2017
  3. 7Cabbages

7Cabbages Slayer

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's playful tugging. I always saw kendama and yoyo as peanut butter & jelly

Jan 10, 2017
  4. Matthew Rice

Matthew Rice Member

i do both. you dont really find many people that do both. most dama players kinda dont like it in my experience. with yoyo it was cool for like a year to dama then kinda fell off in that world a bit. But still a lot of people that do both. Right now im throwing a clyw borealis and ohyesyo nightengale 2.
    both are super rad throws. I kinda hated my shutter but its super popular and a good option that wont break the bank. stoked to hear about more dama players throwing though

Jan 12, 2017
    7Cabbages likes this.
  5. 7Cabbages

7Cabbages Slayer

Yeah bro, I started out with throwing and stopped when I got into kendama. A year later now, I'm getting back into the game after a buddy stopped using his Shutter and wanted to trade a ken.
    I haven't used the Shutter very much but I've thrown it a bit and it was nice.
    If I had my choice I'd wanna try more Onedrop or g2 . I did do 5a for a bit but I'm gonna stick to 1a

Jan 12, 2017
  6. Ryalkid20

Ryalkid20 Honed Member

I am not a fan of them as much because I had a lot of dama buddies and they all kinda stopped playing because of yoyos and Rubik's cubes and I don't like hearing people in the community quitting the game.

Jan 12, 2017
    7Cabbages likes this.
  7. 7Cabbages

7Cabbages Slayer

What about a jam? Yoyos with kendama? You can still hang with them. Maybe them seeing you play will inspire them to come back into the community. I stopped throwing when I found kendama and just recently got back into it when a friend wanted to trade his throw..

Jan 12, 2017
  8. Ryalkid20

Ryalkid20 Honed Member

Yeah idk they are just people who go with the flow and whatever everyone else is into they do but I stuck with dama, there's always that one person

Jan 12, 2017
    7Cabbages likes this.
  9. AdrianEsteban

AdrianEsteban Honed Member

Definitely don't see any hate. Me and my homie Max Naff actually really love to throw some yoyo elements into our playstyle.
    Right now I'm throwing a One Drop gauntlet that I love so much.
    I don't personally like the shutter but I know a lot people do and it's real good for the price.

Jan 12, 2017
    7Cabbages likes this.
  10. 7Cabbages

7Cabbages Slayer

I'm looking into picking a Onedrop in the future. That MMC is calling me..

Jan 12, 2017
  11. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

No hate at all!
    I play with both.
    Even though i sold most of my collection, still have a few i keep in my case.

Jan 12, 2017
    7Cabbages likes this.